Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: IFBB Pro Evan Centopani Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by BostonBadBoy View Post
    Evan, how do you feel about Dorian's theory on leg training. Meaning by pre-exhausting the quads first with leg extensions, then moving on to compound movements like leg press and squats? do you feel it would be more beneficial? i'm going to try it and see how it works out, i'm just getting another perspective is all. Thanks and good luck at the arnold, can't wait to see you and Roelly battle!
    I think it makes a lot of sense. For the past month or so I've been supersetting leg extensions and leg presses and then squatting at the end of my training. I feel I get a much better workout this way rather than beggining the session with heavy squats.

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    1) Who is she?
    2) Was I supposed to?
    3) They will. Begin your back workout with heavy cable rows in the manner you described. My rear delts always get sore when I do this.
    I have a good feeling you DO know who she is, but just responded by acting oblivious because of late night 'wack it' sessions over her pictures. Just call it a forearm workout and everyone will understand.

Dedicated Noob

Hi!

I got a question, I am 20 and about 275lbs fat% is max 17%
    I am planing to compete in a year but people tell me that i should not gain much more weight becos i start to gain fat then a lot and i should bring my lifting max's up.
    Now i think that since i am growing as fast as i am and gaining weight then why should i stop ? And i do not belive that since i weight 275lbs then i should bench like 500 lbs (current max 385 lbs)

Or am i wrong?
    What do you think ?

Thank you!

evan,
    i never took to doing skull crushers the original way and hardly did them,but i seen your video training arms with pj and tried the way you do them and liked it, but training arms last week i was doing a set of skullcrushers and this guy comes over and tells me how im gona end up ripping ligaments/tendons because i was doing them wrong. I feel as if I do them the exact same way as you and realy feels great, anyway he instead insisted on making me do a set of the way he would like me to do it and with an ez-bar which i never use. i told him how i got this way from you and he repyled, "yeah he can because of the AAS". I like doing them that way and will continue can you talk me through the best way you find to do them, as maybe my way makes them look odd,
    thanks

Yes Hosey I remember you. I'll never forget you handing me that lovely floral arrangement when we first met.
    Well i did forget that part haha, how could it just slip my mind like that. just in case you forgot that's me. and some guy from Connecticut he was so out of breath he had to lean on me so he didn't fall over haha.

I keep the same split. Offseason I sometimes do a 3 day split but that's only temporary. The five day split is like this:

Monday: Quads
    Tues: Hams and Calves
    Wed: Off
    Thurs: Chest and Triceps
    Friday: Back
    Saturday: Delts, Biceps and Abs
    Sunday: Off
    That's an awesome split, very similar to what I do. Actually exactly the same minus splitting quads and hams. Which brings me to my question: You don't feel as though there's overlap doing quads and hams on back to back days? I would actually love to do it that way I was just always in the mindset that it was too taboo on consecutive days.
    Thanks Evan

how much of sylimarin, nac, metionine or anything to protect the liver do you used Evan.
    Thanks for the help.

Hi Evan
    first of all, best of luck! secondly, what do you think your weight will be on stage next year comparing to 2009? and considering new pros, who do you think will be your main competitors?

Quote Originally Posted by DARK NIGHT View Post
    Hi Evan, I would like to find out what would be a good work out plan for some one who has lagging parts, my lagging parts are bicep/triceps and shoulders. As my legs, chest and back are miles ahead of them are there any methods that would help change this.
    My routine is
    day 1- shoulders & arms
    day 2 - legs calves
    day3 - back & rear delts
    day4 - chest & front and side delts
    day5 - arms & calves
    day6 - rest
    day 7 -rest

is there anything i should change?
    or add?
    I would give them some more rest! I'd do arms on day 1 and delts on day 5. You need to hit em hard and let them recuperate. Be sure to include forced reps, negatives drops etc to help induce new growth. Also, I'm not nuts about taking two days off in a row and training 5 days straight. 5 days straight is a lot to train. I would think you may benefit from a day of rest somewhere in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kquell View Post
    hey evan do you have any up coming events in the NY CT area would love to see you again before the arnold
    Nothing planned as of right now but I'll keep everyone posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegis View Post
    Hey Evan. I was wondering if you would post in this thread for me. It would mean a lot to my guys in this section. Thank you Very much.

http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...Quote-s-Thread
    Great thread!

Quote Originally Posted by EricM View Post
    you dont get pm on here huh. i had a question for u that i didnt wanna just throw up in the thread. anyway my other question for you is now that you have gotten to this level what do you do to continually challenge yourself in the gym. like do you focus on getting stronger or is it more just repetition at this point in the game. <my question mark button is broken lol
    Yeah man no pms...too many weird messages! At this point I try to always push it by training to failure, incorporating drops, negatives, forced reps all that good stuff. I do try to push the weight but always try to remember that it's not powerlifting and increased strength does not always mean increased muscular development. I'd say it's using the heaviest weight possible to use good form and tax the muscle.

Quote Originally Posted by rotmike View Post
    I was wondering if you are related to Paul Centopani aka Paul Roma the wrestler?
    Paul is my father's younger brother (my uncle).

Quote Originally Posted by SuprMann View Post
    I am 18 and trying to build massive quads. I was wondering if you had any recommendations on how to train the squat. How many sets and what rep range would you recommend and would you recommend pyramiding up in weight each set. Can you break down each set showing how many reps you do and the weight you might use each set.
    Thxs and all the best
    If you train to failure (which I reccomend) you don't need to do many sets (you shouldn't be able to!) I'd do a series of warmups as you pyramid up in weight until you get to the weight that you plan to use for your first working set. I'd pick a weight that you will fail at or before 12 reps. You need a spotter there to force reps. If you can complete 12 reps on your own, the weight is too light. You should be able to get to like 8 by your self and require help to finish the set. I'd do 2 or 3 sets like that and move on to another movement.

Quote Originally Posted by fanzdslpwr View Post
    Hey Evan a number of months ago you wrote in MD about some kind of filtration system that you use for your water. I believe you said it sat on your kitchen counter. Can you tell me what it is and where I can get it? Thanks
    It's a water ionizer made by a company called Rettin. It can be purchsed online from www.tyentusa.com

Yeah man no pms...too many weird messages! At this point I try to always push it by training to failure, incorporating drops, negatives, forced reps all that good stuff. I do try to push the weight but always try to remember that it's not powerlifting and increased strength does not always mean increased muscular development. I'd say it's using the heaviest weight possible to use good form and tax the muscle.
    haha yea i believe that. i got my answer anyway i was wondering why u werent on the universal site i thought they dropped u for a minute there.

yea i was wondering how you continue to try to make gains when you are in the upper eschelons like yourself. i remember seeing you pullin 495 like it was nothing at golds last year and im like how the fuck does this guy do work in the gym lol

Quote Originally Posted by hulksyndrome View Post
    I have a good feeling you DO know who she is, but just responded by acting oblivious because of late night 'wack it' sessions over her pictures. Just call it a forearm workout and everyone will understand.
    I assure you I did not. But I've sinced googled her and see that she is from Jersey Shore? C'mon man..really?

Page 581 of 794 FirstFirst ... 81481531571572573574575576577578579580581582583584585586587588589590591631681 ... LastLast