Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 794 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107507 ... LastLast

Thread: IFBB Pro Evan Centopani Q&A

Your nuitritin advice seems to follow what is recommended for people over 50 now--eat high fiber foods, watch your chloresterol intake, eat fish such as salmon, avoid bakery items. See the book Harvard guide to Nutrition (I beleive that's the title--should be in your county library.) Also use canola or olive oil, watch red meat consumption.

I would add that the other thing is to learn portion control. 8 oz of meat is not very much--about the size of a deck of playing cards--read the nutrition labels on the food, and MEASURE the correct size--you'll be amazed as to how little a 'normal' sized portion meal actually is. As an aside, one reason mentioned why Americans are overweight comparted to their European counterparts--our portions are just so large.

Evan, you must have run into that portion size difference when you were in Italy. In fact, most nutritionists reccommend the mediterranean diet. Do you have any thoughts on the subject? Probably easier for you as you have an Italian background--just watch the canolis.

Correction, the book is Eat, Drink and be Healthy, by Willet and Shearett, should also be in paperback now.

hey evan- i read that you spent some time in Italy. Im in my last year of highschool and my dad really wants to send me to Spain to study and broaden my horizons, it sounds cool but somewhat nerve racking. I compete here in the NPC texas and am really trying to maximize my potential through hard training and dieting ive been at it since age 14. I actually occasionally workout with lee priest he trains at my gym. Just wondering how the lifestyle was as living in a european country and being a young bodybuilder. Any advice as what to do. One thing I am looking forward to is the WOMEN! heard they arent too hard on the eyes. haha
    peace

Evan,
    Keep up the good work on this thread. If Bush ever suspects WMD at MD inspectors will no doubt head straight to check out your guns.
    _Strike Force

Evan, I cannot thank you enough for the most well thought out and educational, not to mention the most practical response I have ever read. I truely appreciate you taking the time to answer this question in the way you have. I felt like I was in college again and recieving a well thought out lecture. I cannot thank you enough and I am reviewing your response with my son right now!

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by meatball View Post
    hey evan- i read that you spent some time in Italy. Im in my last year of highschool and my dad really wants to send me to Spain to study and broaden my horizons, it sounds cool but somewhat nerve racking. I compete here in the NPC texas and am really trying to maximize my potential through hard training and dieting ive been at it since age 14. I actually occasionally workout with lee priest he trains at my gym. Just wondering how the lifestyle was as living in a european country and being a young bodybuilder. Any advice as what to do. One thing I am looking forward to is the WOMEN! heard they arent too hard on the eyes. haha
    peace
    Meatball: GO TO SPAIN! I went back and forth about whether or not to go to Italy and honestly bro, it is one of th best thing I have ever done if not THE best. You will come back from it (if you ever come back) a better person having experienced another culture. Europe in general is incredible. If you take one piece of advice from me, listen when I tell you to go. Bring as much money as you can and travel as much as humanly possible, it is worth every penny. It's one of the only things I would even consider being in debt for. The food is incredible all over Europea and the lifestyle is second to none, especially for a bodybuilder. I don't think I ever slept as much as I did in Italy or ate as well. Food and sleep, what more can you ask for. Oh yeah, you mentioned the girls are okay too huh? I'm sure you heard right. The ONE (and probably only) drawback is that finding a good gym over there will probably be next to impossible. You'll find one but it won't be what you're used to at home. But I'm sure you'll be able to make due. Oh yeah, regardless of what you heard, Europeans aren't in love with Americans. They all hate George Bush and the war and all that crap. But trust me, bodybuilding isn't going anywhere. You're only in high school? Don't give it another thought. Go go go! Just go. You'll piss me off if you don't.

wow thanks evan for that reply! It was exactly what i needed to hear. You really brought it all into perspective for me im going to take your advice and go with it. I knew you were probably the only person i could think of to ask that would be able to relate to me.
    thankyou very much!
    peace

EVAN good work on receiving the Mr. Olympia title

Quote Originally Posted by Cutlergooch View Post
    EVAN good work on receiving the Mr. Olympia title
    ???????????????????????????

Default THE FUTURE.....

Evan, I have been told by some people that I am good at predicitng the future and the OLYMPIA title I see for you soon. That comment was just meant to be motivational. I see you being the next big thing in BB. Good Luck!!!

Evan-
    I'm very interested in hearing about the ways different people diet. For my last show I took an approach much like yours with higher essential fats and very low carbs and I mean LOW. The funny thing was that I was not walking around irritated all day or in a bad mood due to low carbs. I'm pretty convinced its all a state of mind. This sport is so much mental than anything else. So anyway....now that its your off-season, what are you doing as far as good fats? I've switched over to Omega-3 eggs in the morning and am trying to use Udo's oil in conjunction with my meals. As weird as it sounds, I was always under the impression you needed carbs to grow in the off-season, which you do, just not in the amounts I once thought. I think I grow better with the higher fats and I sure feel a whole heck of a lot better. Any input is greatly appreciated.

Evan, I have been told by some people that I am good at predicitng the future
    Well then, can you tell me who will win the Super Bowl?

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    Matt Burzacott! What's up bro, good to see you here.
    It's good to see that MD picked you up man! Congratulations! Will you be attending the Europa or North Americans by chance?

Quote Originally Posted by AWN2004 View Post
    Evan-
    I'm very interested in hearing about the ways different people diet. For my last show I took an approach much like yours with higher essential fats and very low carbs and I mean LOW. The funny thing was that I was not walking around irritated all day or in a bad mood due to low carbs. I'm pretty convinced its all a state of mind. This sport is so much mental than anything else. So anyway....now that its your off-season, what are you doing as far as good fats? I've switched over to Omega-3 eggs in the morning and am trying to use Udo's oil in conjunction with my meals. As weird as it sounds, I was always under the impression you needed carbs to grow in the off-season, which you do, just not in the amounts I once thought. I think I grow better with the higher fats and I sure feel a whole heck of a lot better. Any input is greatly appreciated.
    Same here, more people will come to this in the future I predict.
    Are you awn2400 from promuscle ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeroen View Post
    Same here, more people will come to this in the future I predict.
    Are you awn2400 from promuscle ?
    Indeed I am...I dont post too much anymore because Im too busy but this thread warrants some attention for sure.

EVAN, have you been over and checked out the 500 word article submissions?? I think the guys over there would appreciate it if you read their post and picked a fav....

Evan, I have been told by some people that I am good at predicitng the future and the OLYMPIA title I see for you soon. That comment was just meant to be motivational. I see you being the next big thing in BB. Good Luck!!!
    Wow. That's not bad for motivation! I guess I have a lot to live up to. That's a very big compliment and I truly appreciate it. Thanks bro. By the way, where/what are the 500 word sumissions you mentioned?

Page 7 of 794 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757107507 ... LastLast