Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 794 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108508 ... LastLast

Thread: IFBB Pro Evan Centopani Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    Wow. That's not bad for motivation! I guess I have a lot to live up to. That's a very big compliment and I truly appreciate it. Thanks bro. By the way, where/what are the 500 word sumissions you mentioned?
    http://www.musculardevelopment.com/f...splay.php?f=17
    Follow us on Twitter or Facebook

AWN2004:

You like the EFAs too huh? Bro, they're like dynamite. People just don't want to understand that you definitely don't need many carbs to function at an optimum level. I think that being irritable while dieting can more easily be attributed to a lack of EFAs than a lack of carbs. As for the offseason, I agree with you again. Carbs are necessary as A. a source of extra calories and B. a means by which insulin can be manipulated. I haven't begun my offseason eating yet but when I get into a true mass phase my guess is that my carb intake will be around 300 grams tops. Fairly modest by most people's standards. I have used udo's in the past but have had mixed feelings about it. I know it's loaded with omegas. Howver, there are two potential problems with using udo's/ any other flax oil blend. 1. You have to be absolutely postive that the product is fresh and that it has ALWAYS been refrigerated from the manufacturer to your fridge. Polynusaturated fats are tough because there's a good chance of getting a rancid product as they are less stable than the monounsaturated fats. No doubt, olive oil and macadamia nut oil are the two best oils out there in terms of being a clean burning, stable fat. However, we have to take in some polys to get the omegas. Some say flax oil is good because, while it lacks EPA and DHA it is high in ALA which is all your body needs to manufacture the former two. Some argue that omega 3 from fish oil are superior. Also, some say that flax seed oil has estrogenic side effects. I tend to fall somewhere in the middle. I think that if you can trust where you're getting your udo's from it can be used effectively in your diet but I think one serving daily is enough. I, personally, use fish oil to get the remainder of my omegas. It's important to use a fish oil supplement that is labeled as "pharmaceutical grade" as these products are less likely to have been exposed to high heat and the chance for rancidity is reduced. Overall the majority of your fat intake aside from what you need to get your omegas should be from monounsaturated fats. They are just more stable than polys and therefore burn cleaner and more efficiently in your body. But as with anything, variety certainly has it's value.

Evan, thanks for the response. Me and the guys over at the 500 word forum would appreciate some real critique from someone with your credentials. Good luck at your next show

vargasty

Evan, what do you reccomend for an experienced lifter in terms of protein consumption. I know to eat 6-7 meals, but I want to know how many grams per bodyweight you think is best? I am always hearing 1, 1.5, sometimes 2. I have been sticking between 1.5-2 and have great results, but I would like to optimize and take my nutrition to the limits.

Quote Originally Posted by vargasty View Post
    Evan, what do you reccomend for an experienced lifter in terms of protein consumption. I know to eat 6-7 meals, but I want to know how many grams per bodyweight you think is best? I am always hearing 1, 1.5, sometimes 2. I have been sticking between 1.5-2 and have great results, but I would like to optimize and take my nutrition to the limits.
    I don't see the need to go over 2 grams/pound. Personally, 1.5 is about what I stick to. There's only so much you can utilize and the rest is going to be changing your fat & carb intake to accompany it.

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    I don't see the need to go over 2 grams/pound. Personally, 1.5 is about what I stick to. There's only so much you can utilize and the rest is going to be changing your fat & carb intake to accompany it.
    Agreed. It's nice to see someone of your caliber offering sound advice. You rock Evan!
    Heretic

Quote Originally Posted by Deserusan View Post
    Agreed. It's nice to see someone of your caliber offering sound advice. You rock Evan!
    It's the least I can do. We're all here to better ourselves and that is a constant process of educating and re-educating ourselves. That'll do it for me. Right now I'm going to re-juvenate myelf. Ahhh bedtime.

Quote Originally Posted by flex_lewis View Post
    Mate, im so happy for your signing, but like i told you, i knew it would happen for you, it was only when!

2007 bro.........

Best wishes as always my friend

Flex Lewis should get an MD contract. Flex your physique is awesome.

What's up MD Forum?....Justinian Miller in the house baby!!!....lol. I just joined the site tonight. I had to, afterall MD is the #1 Bodybuilding Mag in the world now HANDS DOWN!!! They even have the master of muscle building himself Dave Palumbo as the online master bringing the most hardcore muscle building information to cyberspace (they couldn't have picked a better editor!)...So since MD will know be "cornering the market" for both the Print and Cyber space world of Bodybuilding I figured I better jump onboard now while I can still be one of the early birds to this site and just watch it grow into the largest resource for hardcore bodybuilding info in the Universe!!! And now in signing the future Mr. Olympia himself Even Centopani they bring even more greatness to Cyberspace. Evan will be Mr. Olympia!...let me be one of the first to publically predict this. I've seen, hung around, worked out with and have trained some of the best muscle building people on the planet over the last decade of my life but Even is a standout!...he was MEANT to be a bodybuilder...not just "a" bodybuilder but "THE" bodybuilder...watch, you'll see. I predict Evan comes in at Nationals weighing a huge 255 lbs. but ripped to the bone with over 10 lbs more muscle than he had in 2006...3/4 of the gain being in his wheels (inner thighs, glutes, upper quads, upper hamstrings and lower back will ALL be noticeably thicker)...Evan's Legs have grown alot in the past month...noticeably grown!...both in size and strength faster than I've ever seen anyone grow....with 9 more months to go of hardcore "in-the-bucket", "90 degree angle" squats like he is currently doing, look for many articles on leg growth in the future from this young man...as the leg growth he will display in just one year will simply shock the bodybuilding world! Watch and you'll see! This kid will be where Jay is within 4 to 5 years, in fact I predict Jay will pass the torch off to Evan around that time...having been around the sport as long as I have I KNOW true talent when I see it...it's more than just his genetics and his work ethic...it's also his mind! His thought process and his intelligence. Evan is only 25 years old (almost a decade younger than me) but he teaches me things everytime we talk...he is a very impressive embassador for the sport...and his triceps should have their very own zip code!....but seriously, congratulations on your recent success and your signing with MD Evan...I'm honored that we have become friends, just remember all us little people when you got multiple Sandows on the mantlepeice alright?...lol....best of luck to you bro...and Congrats. Oh and by the way the quote is ....."Instead of using the muscle to work the weight, use the weight to work the muscle. There is a fundamental difference between the two". -peace

I think that Flex Lewis is a weider athlete. I'm not sure if it was just for the mags or the supplement line.

Evan you're truly my inspiration for the gym in the morning (and forever). Just a few questions if you would please.

I've started a cutting plan after the new year and I am trying to reduce my bodyfat before May (hopefully to single digits). I am one of those people who are super sensitive to carbs. I've created a diet for myself where my carb intake is literally before and after my workout. I know that supplements are not the answer to a better body. But they can assist if you make them work for you. Here is what I have been using for my cutting plan and I would like your advice and opinion.

Whey Protein
    Multi Vitamin
    BCAA
    EAA
    Fish oil
    Glutamine
    Casein Protein (right before bed)

vargasty

Thanks Evan.. do u believe there is a differenece in protein sources, such is one better then the other? I am always hearing red meat is the best for building muscle.

Evan, you said to use pharaceutical grage fish oil.

Can you list a couple of brand names to look for?

Thanks for all your help.

Give a big welcome to Justin Miller everybody. He's the man who has graciously offered to help me improve my legs over the course of this year. He not only has some incredible insight into training and bodybuilding himself but he's also a previous kick-ass competitor. Thanks for the incredibly inpsirational post Justin. Great to have you here. Here's a quote for all of you out there. Justin told me it yesterday and I thought it was one of the best quotes I've ever heard: "When you want what you've never had, you must do what you've never done" - Theodore Roosevelt. Is that f'in great or what? I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckattude View Post
    I think that Flex Lewis is a weider athlete. I'm not sure if it was just for the mags or the supplement line.
    Flex is a good friend of mine. He's an awesome bodybuilder and an even better human being. This is going to be his year for pro status. He is signed with AMI for the Flex publication.

Quote Originally Posted by HammerKid View Post
    Evan you're truly my inspiration for the gym in the morning (and forever). Just a few questions if you would please.

I've started a cutting plan after the new year and I am trying to reduce my bodyfat before May (hopefully to single digits). I am one of those people who are super sensitive to carbs. I've created a diet for myself where my carb intake is literally before and after my workout. I know that supplements are not the answer to a better body. But they can assist if you make them work for you. Here is what I have been using for my cutting plan and I would like your advice and opinion.

Whey Protein
    Multi Vitamin
    BCAA
    EAA
    Fish oil
    Glutamine
    Casein Protein (right before bed)
    Hammer,
    Be careful with carb intake preworkout. The last thing you want is to spike your insulin and go through your workout with low blood sugar. If you must, stick to carbs with a low glycemic index. Post workout is undoubtedly a great time for carb intake. Your supplement regimine looks pretty sound. Personally, when I have tried caseinates in the past before best they seem to just sit in my stomach all night and I wake up with a heavy stomach and have no appetite. I actually prefer a light stomach when I sleep as your not gonna burn muscle in your sleep but it is an excellent time for fat burning and this is definitely better accomplished on a light stomach. BCAA are great during your workouts or first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Be sure to get a good fish oil supplement. Life extension makes a good pharmaceutical grade fish oil as does renew life. You may want to consider throwing in a liver cleansing product. Because of the increased amounts of food we eat, the supps we take and even the toxins in the air and our water, everyone would benefit from a liver cleansing product. People don't realize the value of a liver that is functioning at peak levels. Simply put, the better your liver is functioning, the better you will burn fat and the more efficient your body will be at producing glycogen. Liv-52 is a good ayurvedic supplement. Also, an herbal combo of schisandra chinesis, rosemary, and milk thistle works great as well. Take my advice and try a liver cleansing product and tell me that you don't lean out more easily.

Quote Originally Posted by vargasty View Post
    Thanks Evan.. do u believe there is a differenece in protein sources, such is one better then the other? I am always hearing red meat is the best for building muscle.
    There are definitely differences in protein sources. The difference lies in the amino acid profile and in your bodies ability to effectively use that source. Red meat is definitely good stuff. You just have to be sure to not skimp and buy cheap stuff. Regardless of the amount of protein in london broil, for example, it is irreleveant as that cut of meant is so damn tough to digest you'll probably just crap most of it out. Filet, NY Strip etc are a whole other ballgame. Your talking about meat that you can actually chew and your body has a chance of effectively assimilating. Remember, the first step of digestion is mechanical (chewing) and if you can physically break that stuff down then your enzymes (chemical) will have a hard time doing their job. For this reason, I love fish. Undoubtedly my favorite animal protein source. Fish is easily digested and I love the taste. I feel that fish keeps me leaner and I feel good when I eat it. The EFAs in the fish are like gold. Just try to get wild cought fish. The farm raised stuff is crapola and has all sorts of funny stuff in it you don't want to put in your body. Chicken is good. It's economical, the taste isn't bad, digestion is good etc. Speaking of chicken that brings us to the egg. The WHOLE egg. NOT the white that so many bodybuilders chug down. The whole egg is th ONLY single protein source with all 22 amino acids. The whole egg is loaded with high quality protein and all that fat and cholesterol in the yoke that everyone always bitches about is some good stuff. People forget that hormones are build on cholesterol. Fat intake goes too low and you ahve no cholestrol in your diet and you compromise your body's capacity to manufacture hormones. So stop whining and eat the damn yoke. They're delicious. But the million dollar question is "is one protein source better for building muscle?" I'm no doctor and I don't read scientific journals (I had enough of that in college) but I'll say that I think that variety is key. Your protein intake should be from a variety of sources. You need all 22 aminos to build muscle and unless your going to eat eggs all day long, which I don't reccomend, you should be mixing it up all day long. Whey, milk, egg, beef, chicken, fish etc. However, I will tell you this, I think steak and eggs are a good combo for gaining size. You cover all the aminos and you combine two sources that are top quality and end up with a sustained release protein. Besides, who doesn't like steak and eggs?

Page 8 of 794 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108508 ... LastLast