Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 794 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109509 ... LastLast

Thread: IFBB Pro Evan Centopani Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    Justin told me it yesterday and I thought it was one of the best quotes I've ever heard: "When you want what you've never had, you must do what you've never done" - Theodore Roosevelt. Is that f'in great or what? I love it.
    That is a great quote. My weakness was my legs this past year due to a broken tailbone limiting my training for awhile. Since I'm back 100% I've taken a vastly different approach (giant sets, 20 rep schemes) and must say they have improved a lot. It seems going outside your comfort zone with regards to training modalities is what stimulates the best.

Maybe this was covered before Evan but are there any bodybuilders in the present you really look up to? This can be from a business or physique standpoint.
    Heretic

i gotta say im impressed with the thouroughness of your replies to everyone. its refreshing to see someone who really cares about his fans. anywho, what specifics (mainly bodby parts) are you looking to improve for your upcoming contests. i read that some people were a little critical of your presentation??
    im assuming thats something that just comes with experience and being comfortable on stage in time. For what its worth the only things i could possibly see that you would need to improve on are a little thickness in the chest (only because your delts are recockulously wide and huge), and maybe your inner thighs. seriously thoug had it not been for desmond coming outta nowhere youd be a pro. anywho keep up the good work. one last thing, have you scheduled any appearances anywhere?

All this knowledge at the age of 24...very impressive. Steak and eggs are a nighttime stable for me as I have never had a 100% cassein drink and their ar virtually no carbs to spike insulin levels before bed. The steak and eggs give me my protein and fat source for the night and I supplement GABA to further increase my body's natural output of growth hormone that occurs in the early sleep phase. Plus it tastes freakin awesome

Thanks for the welcome Evan...hey man everything i said is true...i've trained thousands of people (dozens of bodybuilders) since i became a trainer when i was 16 yrs old and I've never seen anyone respond so quickly to training...what's more impressive is your mind...when given the choice to go up in weight when Brian had 5 plates on the bar you put the ego to the side and stayed with 4 plates but did the reps with pinpoint accuracy and controlled intensity, even when given the challange to do an 11th rep after you just barely struggled on the 10th you decided to rack it...champions think that way!...training smarter is more important than training harder, everything is a balance!.....you have everything it takes to go as far as you'd like in this sport, including the genetics!...you are a true "FREAK" my friend! Wait till they see the wheels in November...the judges will be jumping out of their f*^king seats! I'm glad you like the Theodore Roosevelt quotes...he was the man...i gotta give you the A & E biography on his life...it's totally inspiring!...what an amazing man.......again, thanks for saying I was a kick as competitor, but lets put that in a future tense and say "will be" instead of "was" because my best is yet to come...just been taking a break is all.....I'm listening to what you are telling me...I'm a firm believer in the saying "Success leaves clues"...and have been following your arm training advise...you help me with arms and it will be an even trade off ok?...lol...thanks brother. By the way your thread destroys all the pros...you are a very special young man with a sharp mind...a column in MD and your own thread here at MD online will show everyone that there is an incredible mind that is creating that incredible physique...genetics certainly come into play but it's no accident you are the best amateur in the world after only 3 shows...you will be a great ambassador for the sport....just what it needs in fact.

vargasty

thanks alot for the advice. Even before you took second in the Nationals you have been answering my questions and I appreciate it alot.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserusan View Post
    That is a great quote. My weakness was my legs this past year due to a broken tailbone limiting my training for awhile. Since I'm back 100% I've taken a vastly different approach (giant sets, 20 rep schemes) and must say they have improved a lot. It seems going outside your comfort zone with regards to training modalities is what stimulates the best.

Maybe this was covered before Evan but are there any bodybuilders in the present you really look up to? This can be from a business or physique standpoint.
    From a physique standpoint I really admire a lot of the guys that were/are smaller in comaprison to the other bodybuilders. For example I always liked the looks of guys like Rich Gaspari, Shawn Ray, Lee Labrada, and now David Henry and Dexter Jackson. Dexter is the only bodybuilder right now who I look at and say "wow I really admire that guy's physique". Even though he didn't have the best track record as a competitng pro, I really liked Mike Matarazzo's physique and looked up to him for that and his personality. He was a huge inspiration to me. I liked Dorian for the simple fact that he did a lot with what he was given, trained like a beast, and looked like he was carved out of granite when he got on stage. Dorian just reminded you of a real man. Kevin LEvrone had some of the most incredible genetics ever and an incredible physique. Jay Cutler is a model for any aspiring bodybuilder because he is a professional in every sense of the word. And Lee Haney, for representing the sport like a true champion should and for using his status and experience to seek out worthwhile endeavors beyond bodybuilding. Being number one, you owe it to your fans, the sport, and yourself to be a good ambassador and to give as much back as you possibly can.
    Last edited by Evan Centopani; January 7th, 2007 at 05:57 PM. Reason: forgot something

Evan being an MD athlete and future star in the IFBB, are there other companies knocking at your door looking to sponsor you?

hey Evan
    do you ever drink milk or do you stay away from it, b/c it makes people
    look soft??

Thankx alot

Quote Originally Posted by bounce View Post
    Evan being an MD athlete and future star in the IFBB, are there other companies knocking at your door looking to sponsor you?
    I'm currently in the process of signing with a supplement company. You guys all know the company and most likely use their products but I'm going to wait until it's finalized before I say anything about who they are.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckattude View Post
    hey Evan
    do you ever drink milk or do you stay away from it, b/c it makes people
    look soft??

Thankx alot
    I used to drink quite a bit of milk but I stay away from it now. I think it is unneccesary unless you are a hardgainer. For me, it just makes me too full. Besides, milk is for babies. Haha. I think Arnold said that. The only worthwhile dairy product I think may be usefull is lowfat cottage cheese. It's loaded with protein and it's cheap and can add variety to your diet. However, it's also got quite a bit of sodium and lactose. Again, I'd reserve that for someone trying to pack on mass. And even at that I'd probably only consider it something to add variety or an option when you are on the go and/or without food. It's easy to pop into a grocery store and buy a thing of cottage cheese for $1.99 and have yourself a 50g serving of protein. In the offseason that can fly.

Hammer,
    Be careful with carb intake preworkout. The last thing you want is to spike your insulin and go through your workout with low blood sugar. If you must, stick to carbs with a low glycemic index. Post workout is undoubtedly a great time for carb intake. Your supplement regimine looks pretty sound. Personally, when I have tried caseinates in the past before best they seem to just sit in my stomach all night and I wake up with a heavy stomach and have no appetite. I actually prefer a light stomach when I sleep as your not gonna burn muscle in your sleep but it is an excellent time for fat burning and this is definitely better accomplished on a light stomach. BCAA are great during your workouts or first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Be sure to get a good fish oil supplement. Life extension makes a good pharmaceutical grade fish oil as does renew life. You may want to consider throwing in a liver cleansing product. Because of the increased amounts of food we eat, the supps we take and even the toxins in the air and our water, everyone would benefit from a liver cleansing product. People don't realize the value of a liver that is functioning at peak levels. Simply put, the better your liver is functioning, the better you will burn fat and the more efficient your body will be at producing glycogen. Liv-52 is a good ayurvedic supplement. Also, an herbal combo of schisandra chinesis, rosemary, and milk thistle works great as well. Take my advice and try a liver cleansing product and tell me that you don't lean out more easily.

Thank you so much for the advice and opinions Evan. You are definitely an awesome bb'er and person. You rock dude

Evan- I am aware that you have a normal job like most people so could you give me an example of your daily schedule and how you fit your meals and training into a typical work day.
    thanks

Evan,

Just wondering if you were or are a fan of Vince Gironda, your high protein and fat diet approach is much like his approach of the 50's, 60's, and 70's. I didnt know if u were a fan or if this is a mere coincidence.

Just curious, take care, and ur doing a wonderful job on the forum.

P.S I notice u frequently talk about college, what college did u go to and what was ur major???????

Quote Originally Posted by meatball View Post
    Evan- I am aware that you have a normal job like most people so could you give me an example of your daily schedule and how you fit your meals and training into a typical work day.
    thanks
    Meatball,
    It goes like this:

7:30 a.m. wake up
    8:00 meal 1
    8:30 at work
    11:00 meal 2
    1:30 p.m. meal 3
    3:30 meal 4
    4:30 out of work
    5:00 - 6:30 in the gym
    6:30 meal 5
    8:00 meal 6
    10:00 p.m. in bed and trying to catch some zzzs

There you have it bro.

vargasty

During your diet with Dave, you said you had 1 cheat day/meal? What was it like in terms of was it all day or just 1 meal and what did it consist of?

Quote Originally Posted by flexingtonsteele View Post
    Evan,

Just wondering if you were or are a fan of Vince Gironda, your high protein and fat diet approach is much like his approach of the 50's, 60's, and 70's. I didnt know if u were a fan or if this is a mere coincidence.

Just curious, take care, and ur doing a wonderful job on the forum.

P.S I notice u frequently talk about college, what college did u go to and what was ur major???????
    Thanks flex. I try hard to respond to everyone's questions. It's kinda hard for me not to talk about what I love. To tell you the truth I only know a little bit about Vince Gironda and the lttle bit I know peetains to training. Must be coincidental but I'll take that as a good thing. I went to Fairfield University and majored in sociology. I started off for the first two years as a biology major but canned it after I realized that I was not going to go on to Med school.

Banned

Meatball,
    It goes like this:

7:30 a.m. wake up
    8:00 meal 1
    8:30 at work
    11:00 meal 2
    1:30 p.m. meal 3
    3:30 meal 4
    4:30 out of work
    5:00 - 6:30 in the gym
    6:30 meal 5
    8:00 meal 6
    10:00 p.m. in bed and trying to catch some zzzs

There you have it bro.

Evan is this how your diet is off season or precontest. I am currently following Dave's plan for cutting down and I first eat at 7:30 am and by 9:00 I am hungry as hell I can't see how you got 3 hours without eating???

Page 9 of 794 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181959109509 ... LastLast