Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: NO EXCUSES! Shut Up & Train!

Default NO EXCUSES! Shut Up & Train!

Against the urging of many family members and friends, here is my Before Pic for MY Personal Physique Transformation journey. I have been following the progress of the MHP Team MD 2008 Transformation Challenge Participants so close and I am so impressed, and wanting SO BAD to get back into the shape I was in before I got so sick back in the 90's, that I have decided to do the same program(s) on my own inspite of the fact
    I am recovering from my 2nd and 3rd MAJOR reconstructive BRAIN SURGERIES!!!!
    I work at a health club where Victor Martinez trains, and through many conversations with him and his trainers, I know that he got the best results of his bodybuilding career from using MHPs high quality products. A lot of people in my health club also use MHP products and rave about how good they are, and about the great results they all are getting from using them.
    Now, because of the severe obstacles an challenges I face, I will do my best to following what they have done tweeking it just a little to fit my specific needs and goals. I will keep everybody posted here as I progress through my personal 16 week adventure and "Physique Transformation". I will also post pics along the way so you can see my progress and how well your products help me.
    I am 42 years old and as I said, I am only 14 months out since my 2nd and 3rd recontructive Brain Surgeries. I have a Cranio-Cervical fusion with two steel bars implanted in the back of my head to C4 in my neck. This is to cover and re-enforce a big whole in my skull from a previous surgery that removed a piece of my cerebellum because it had grown outside of my skull, imbedding itself into my cerebral arteries cutting off blood flow and oxygen to my brain as well as wrapping itself around and strangling my brain stem with similar but more extreme . I also have a Titanium Plate implanted in the anterior cervical spine C4-C7 behind my throat. I have a rare and debilitating Brain Disease which is Arnold Chiari Malformation (Cerebellar Tonsils Herniate Outside of the Skull) along with a Pituitary Gland Disease known as Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (The Pituitary doesn't produce a substantial amount of Collagen, thus my connective tissue is literally tissue paper thin). This is the reason my Head Is FUSED TO MY SPINE with Steel bars usig more than a dozen screws. I have also had 5 reconstructive ACL Surgeries, 3 Reconstructive Rotator Cuff / Torn Labrum Surgeries and a Recontruct of my Left Thumb with a Tendon Graft because my tendon ruptured leaving my thumb COMPLETELY dangling and useless. Needless to say, because of all the instablilities and chance of serious injury, as I sid in the beginning of this posting, there are many people that are extremely concerned with my decision to seriously train again the only way I know how and did before I got sick; and that is "Balls To The Walls". This will be 16 weeks of workouts/dieting and supplementing with no room for let up.
    HOWEVER, Being who I am, having the Spiritual energy I do (and MOST IMPORTANTLY, a wife that understands "I NEED TO BE ME", but yet is still strong enough and smart enough to step in and tell me when she sees me over doing it), thes medical obstacles aren't going to stop me from living the life that I WANT.. sure I could lay down and quit, bitch, moan and complain "why me, why me.." SCREW THAT!!."Why NOT me?!"
    Who am I to be spared from suffering but it's okay for an innocent little child or mother to suffer instead.. Yes, YES its a complete and overwhelming struggle to get up and get through each and every day.. BUT... I have two sons and again, at the time of this posting they are 6 and 9... I will never.. NEVER QUIT because of my pain or illness..
    My hero / my father never EVER quit on me.. (REST IN PEACE POP... I MISS YOU!!) I will never EVER quit on my family..
    By doing this 16 week (AND BEYOND) challenge on my own, it will show my boyz (and maybe some of you!!!) that anything is possible if your heart is in it, and more importantly I want to raise awareness of ARNOLD CHIARI MALFORMATION so that I can Start a Not For Profit Foundation designed to help the children and others in this world who also suffer THROUGH THE PAIN and frustration today and everyday with this rare, highly misdiagnosed and undiagnosed brain disease.
    A NOTE TO ANYONE WHO READS THIS... please, feel free to contact me, ask me questions, anything.. yes it hurts, it hurts ALOT.. and yes, throughout this challenge there will be good days, bad days, VERY bad days, and an occasional "impossible to function" day or two.. but I WILL get through them all and you are all welcome to come along for the ride with me. Hop on my shoulders!!!.. I'll carry you through my challenges and maybe I can help carry you through yours too!

NEVER GIVE UP!! NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!!!!

John 11:3,4.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by The Zipper View Post
    Against the urging of many family members and friends, here is my Before Pic for MY Personal Physique Transformation journey. I have been following the progress of the MHP Team MD 2008 Transformation Challenge Participants so close and I am so impressed, and wanting SO BAD to get back into the shape I was in before I got so sick back in the 90's, that I have decided to do the same program(s) on my own inspite of the fact
    I work at a health club where Victor Martinez trains, and through many conversations with him and his trainers, I know that he got the best results of his bodybuilding career from using MHPs high quality products. A lot of people in my health club also use MHP products and rave about how good they are, and about the great results they all are getting from using them.
    Now, because of the severe obstacles an challenges I face, I will do my best to following what they have done tweeking it just a little to fit my specific needs and goals. I will keep everybody posted here as I progress through my personal 16 week adventure and "Physique Transformation". I will also post pics along the way so you can see my progress and how well your products help me.
    I am 42 years old and as I said, I am only 14 months out since my 2nd and 3rd recontructive Brain Surgeries. I have a Cranio-Cervical fusion with two steel bars implanted in the back of my head to C4 in my neck. This is to cover and re-enforce a big whole in my skull from a previous surgery that removed a piece of my cerebellum because it had grown outside of my skull, imbedding itself into my cerebral arteries cutting off blood flow and oxygen to my brain as well as wrapping itself around and strangling my brain stem with similar but more extreme . I also have a Titanium Plate implanted in the anterior cervical spine C4-C7 behind my throat. I have a rare and debilitating Brain Disease which is Arnold Chiari Malformation (Cerebellar Tonsils Herniate Outside of the Skull) along with a Pituitary Gland Disease known as Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (The Pituitary doesn't produce a substantial amount of Collagen, thus my connective tissue is literally tissue paper thin). This is the reason my Head Is FUSED TO MY SPINE with Steel bars usig more than a dozen screws. I have also had 5 reconstructive ACL Surgeries, 3 Reconstructive Rotator Cuff / Torn Labrum Surgeries and a Recontruct of my Left Thumb with a Tendon Graft because my tendon ruptured leaving my thumb COMPLETELY dangling and useless. Needless to say, because of all the instablilities and chance of serious injury, as I sid in the beginning of this posting, there are many people that are extremely concerned with my decision to seriously train again the only way I know how and did before I got sick; and that is "Balls To The Walls". This will be 16 weeks of workouts/dieting and supplementing with no room for let up.
    HOWEVER, Being who I am, having the Spiritual energy I do (and MOST IMPORTANTLY, a wife that understands "I NEED TO BE ME", but yet is still strong enough and smart enough to step in and tell me when she sees me over doing it), thes medical obstacles aren't going to stop me from living the life that I WANT.. sure I could lay down and quit, bitch, moan and complain "why me, why me.." SCREW THAT!!."Why NOT me?!"
    Who am I to be spared from suffering but it's okay for an innocent little child or mother to suffer instead.. Yes, YES its a complete and overwhelming struggle to get up and get through each and every day.. BUT... I have two sons and again, at the time of this posting they are 6 and 9... I will never.. NEVER QUIT because of my pain or illness..
    My hero / my father never EVER quit on me.. (REST IN PEACE POP... I MISS YOU!!) I will never EVER quit on my family..
    By doing this 16 week (AND BEYOND) challenge on my own, it will show my boyz (and maybe some of you!!!) that anything is possible if your heart is in it, and more importantly I want to raise awareness of ARNOLD CHIARI MALFORMATION so that I can Start a Not For Profit Foundation designed to help the children and others in this world who also suffer THROUGH THE PAIN and frustration today and everyday with this rare, highly misdiagnosed and undiagnosed brain disease.
    A NOTE TO ANYONE WHO READS THIS... please, feel free to contact me, ask me questions, anything.. yes it hurts, it hurts ALOT.. and yes, throughout this challenge there will be good days, bad days, VERY bad days, and an occasional "impossible to function" day or two.. but I WILL get through them all and you are all welcome to come along for the ride with me. Hop on my shoulders!!!.. I'll carry you through my challenges and maybe I can help carry you through yours too!

Wow! That's some pretty heavy stuff you've been through. Great attitude bro!
    "He that can have patience can have what he will." -Benjamin Franklin-

Quote Originally Posted by The Zipper View Post

Awesome, Zipper. You can do it, brother! And it seems like you have the drive and motivation to accomplish whatever it is you set my heart and mind to do. Go for it! We're with you all the way!

Zipper,

I'd invite you to go to the "500 Word Article Submissions" thread under the MD Community Activity Central section and read my article titled Time to Turn this Mush into Muscle. In it, I detail why I think that the MD MHP Transformation Challenge has just the right ingredients needed to aid someone in transforming their body. The 3 main areas I discuss are (1) right knowledge, (2) accountability, and (3) community.

And if you (or anyone else!) thinks it worthy to be published in MD, you have the opportunity to vote for it. Either way, I STRONGLY BELIEVE you have picked the right avenue to truly transform your physique. Us guys in the Challenge are living proof of it! All of us are headed the right way with MHP's supplements, Dave's strategy, and Mr. G's motivation. It's just time that separates us from our goals. And we're just "average Joes," so anybody can do this!

Thanks for your support bro.. i havent posted since the original because i have had some seroius set backs from training.. because of the pituitary gland disease i have, my connective tissue is literally paper thin and tears way too easy.. I partially tore medial collateral lig in right knee and also teres minor in left arm/shoulder.. I just came from neuro surgeon today and had to get litocaine injections into rhomboids at C7 levels because of spasms and stiffness.. BUT.. when i say NEVER GIVE UP.. i mean NEVER.. i had to cut back and change training philosphies but have stuck with MHP supplements and the diet my trainer (who is a current client of dave polombo's) has me on and Im down a total of 9 pounds in a little less then 3 weeks.. pictuers will follow soon... thanks again for the support.. believe me.. i have considered quitting alot recently.. but i cant.. it's not in me to quit anything... talk soon.. you can email me direct jadomenic@aol.com..

WOW!!! i am impressed........you are the extreme of NEVER GIVE UP! for sure.......

are any of your 'problems' cancerous? or hereditary??

do you 'feel' better when you train??

do you take pain meds???
    I'm workin on getting better K!!!

My Brain Diseases are Genetic.. It is Arnold Chiari Malformation (go to www.conquerchiari.com to understand fully what it is i have.. and Ehler Danlos Syndrome.. I feel great when i train.. sore.. but great.. and yes.. i take meds but I am carefully and closely monitored by a neuro-surgeon to avoid any contra-indications .. i would be happy to talk as much as you want but direct email is easier for me .. jadomenic@aol.com