Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: THE HARDCORE GYM REGISTRY

Dedicated Noob

Quote Originally Posted by minataur View Post
    I just read in Musclemag that the orignal World's Gym had ben sold to Planet Fitnes. What a disgrace! the bulding should be on the national regristry of historic places.
    same thing happen a golds in white plains ny thats place is now a joke

Are there any Hardcore gyms in the Chicago area??? I'v been at X-Sport now for over a year, its not Bad, But i'd like to see more Serious BB's.

Panther's boxing club, Edmonton, Canada. The guys tell me when the meat packing plant was above us it literally dripped blood on from the ceiling, and they just continued to train. I've never been to a more stanky, ill-lit, motivational, balls to the wall gym in my life. No need to lock up your stuff either, we're too afraid of one another to steal.
    Second runner up in Edmonton, "Hardcore gym". The old Gold's in the mecca is what this place is modeled after. Complete with all the equipment one needs, most BB/Fitness/Figure competitors go here. Home of Dan Fedeluk, who? (Can. IFBB pro). The only reason this place isn't first on my list is because you can't hawk up lugees into the garbage bucket out in the open like you can at Panthers.

Nobody

PLEASE HELP ME I am a new victim of Planet Full Of S&&&. They came in and took over my gym about 3 months ago. They of course approached me one day for wearing my bandanna and said that it was not allowed. I asked them basically what there problem is this is supposed to be a judgment free zone and you put up signs with a body builder with boots tank top bandanna and shorts on with the ghost buster symbol through it was judging people for how they look now everytime I rerack the weights I do it too loud or something wrong I can just see the hammer dropping on me soon and need some help in PA. I am in Warminster about 20 miles out of Philly looking now before they ax me for a good gym can someone give me some help Thanx in advance for the help

Quote Originally Posted by GJROCK View Post
    PLEASE HELP ME I am a new victim of Planet Full Of S&&&. They came in and took over my gym about 3 months ago. They of course approached me one day for wearing my bandanna and said that it was not allowed. I asked them basically what there problem is this is supposed to be a judgment free zone and you put up signs with a body builder with boots tank top bandanna and shorts on with the ghost buster symbol through it was judging people for how they look now everytime I rerack the weights I do it too loud or something wrong I can just see the hammer dropping on me soon and need some help in PA. I am in Warminster about 20 miles out of Philly looking now before they ax me for a good gym can someone give me some help Thanx in advance for the help
    I'm not sure how far it is from you, but the Iron Sport gym is about as serious as you can get.

I workout under a freeway overpass with rusted car parts.

Quote Originally Posted by zilla View Post
    I workout under a freeway overpass with rusted car parts.
    Now THAT is hardcore, LOL

tough old man should list his house as a hardcore gym, that set up hes got is sick.

Gotta give a shout out to World Gym in Pacific Beach, San Diego. I've been training there since January and love it!!! If you need neon lights and shiny new rubber coated weights, this ISN'T the place for you.

Nobody

Golds gym in Williamsville NY....Still hardcore, and ballz to the wall!!!

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by bigriggs View Post
    ATILIS GYM BABY!!!!!!!!!!.. Pacific Ave, Wildwood NJ, 08260...I'm happy to be co-owner of a fine facility and what I believe is one of the last hardcore gym's left in South Jersey.........Train Hard or Go Home.
    This place is the best. I'll be in there this summer

Bull Pen Gym
    Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
    780-484-8256

Great gym. Dumbells up to 200. Tons of plates. More equipment than any chain gym twice the square footage. You can go crazy and no one stares like a moron. Been there for 5 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by JV@GaspariNutrition View Post
    The best gym I've ever trained at in Jersey is the old Dynamic Fitness in Edison, NJ - now closed! Thats where I first watched Rich Gaspari train, I was in high school at the time. The music was loud and obnoxious, the machines were "homemade" - the owner was a welder and made knockoffs of anything and everything we needed.

Diamond Gym in Maplewood has got to be among the most hardcore in the nation.

I'm growing a liking to Apollon Gym in Edison, its dark and basic, they still have the old school medal weights and a hardcore attitude.

Im with you on the Apollon Gym in Edison, NJ. Place is no bullshit, and got some big meatheads that are there to throw some weight....had a seminar with Dave Palumbo a while back.....Also had Alex Federov train there before one of his shows in NY a while back also...

Ebert's Heath & Fitness
    117 New Frederick St
    Wilkes-Barre, PA

It's called "Health & Fitness", but it's pure hardcore. The gym was built for the owners sons in the late 70's who went on to become national level competitors. The trophy case is huge, and filled with awards. Tons of iron, and a good mix of new and old machines. The fixed ez-bars go up to 200, and the dumbells are 150 or so. Nothing fancy here, but it's a great place to train with a lot of history.

Freeland YMCA
    600 Front Street
    Freeland, PA

This place is nothing short of a full on dungeon. Racks, benches, tons of plates and dumbells, and some old ass machines that still work great (sometimes). Your hands will be dirty as hell when you leave haha, and you can get a great workout going. I've hit several milestone PRs here, and plan on doing more. I'm not even sure if anybody bothers with the weight room because I've never paid to use it. You walk in and they know what you're there for, and just point down the stairs into the dungeon. You won't even find anybody who knows what the hell a lunk alarm is in that place.

I'm going to try and go out some day and get pictures of the places I've mentioned. I was really impressed and excited when I saw the other gyms I listed printed in MD. I haven't seen the gym owners yet, but I'm sure they'll be thrilled. Anybody like the idea of a "hardcore gym of the month" one or two page layout. You guys could fit it in with 500 pages going! We should really showcase these places, and inspire more people to train in them.
    Last edited by PaHulkster; May 15th, 2007 at 02:12 AM.

Nobody

Default Hardcore Gym registry

Newbody Healt and Fitness
    107 N Henry St.
    Bay City Mi, 48706
    (989)-892-7686

Clean and Heavy. . More plates than I've seen at any other gym. this place is the only place I've ever seen have 100Lbs plates.. The man that runs it was World Middle Wieght Champion of the World back in the day so they have a full Boxing section and teh also train for MMA here too....Check it out
    Last edited by Xsrceam1080; May 15th, 2007 at 02:45 PM. Reason: Forgot discription

Nobody

Finally got out . Guess what a Trainer at Planet full of Sh$$ recomended a gym to me here it is
    Body Dynamics
    Huntingdon Vally PA 19006
    215-942-9400 Bodydynamicsfitness.com
    I went in to this place and as soon as I stepped in I knew I was home. These guys that own it seem real cool and they knew all about planet SHIT. The day I walked in I talked to the owner for about 5 min and he said to me go try the gym and work out didn't even tell him that I was going to join but of course I did. Let me tell ya there were some women in there who I would like to get to wring the little pencil neck geeks at PF. Thanx to everyone who did try and help out here in PA.
    Last edited by GJROCK; May 15th, 2007 at 07:11 PM.

killinweights

Mehany's Gym
    Denver, CO USA
    (303) 671-9586

Home of Phil Heath and a ton of die hard big bitches that welcome blood sweat chalk and grunting. Mostly free weights and hammer here and 1 of the few remaining real t-bar apparatus

Page 11 of 32 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast