Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: THE HARDCORE GYM REGISTRY

Quote Originally Posted by The Student View Post
    Futenma McCutcheon Gym

Hours of Operation
    Monday-Friday, 0500-2000
    Saturday, Sunday & Holidays, Closed

McCutcheon Gym offers the latest in physical fitness. The facility is housed with state of the art fitness equipment available for use. Body Masters upper-body and lower-body selectorized machines; Life Fitness cardio equipment (treadmills, lifecycles, stair steppers, and cross trainers).

They forgot to mention that this gym used to be the base basketball court, so there is no A/C (Okinawa summer temps 89-100 with 100% humidity) or Heat (winter temps 50-70)

This place is great, espically in the dead of summer at about 2 in the afternoon, i leave that place soaking wet, but the only problem here is the only music they play is that stupid AFN radiot station. Does anyone know any good gyms around Cherry Point NC?

Default Colloseum Gym!

Well I'm reppin' my(member) Gym.
    Colloseum Gym
    Irvington Ave.
    Newark, NJ

I've trained at Diamond before but prefer Colloseum any day!

Veltri Fitness
    89 Jefferson Avenue (Basement of goodwill so you know its hardcore)
    Washington, PA 15301
    724-225-0440

Lot of aspiring bodybuilders and a great atmosphere

Nobody

Default Gold's Gym New Haven, CT

Quote Originally Posted by Evan Centopani View Post
    Montanari Brothers' Golds Gym
    31 Bernhard Rd.
    New Haven, CT

Hey John-
    Just saw this thread and thought I'd throw my gym up there. By no means am I an expert but I've been to a few gyms and I still think this place beats the shit out of all of em. A lot of the equipment is from the late 80s, early 90s and there's 5 of everything. It's an old trucking garage. The place is huge and filled with good shit that I actually have a use for. The owners are the best. They're all about bodybuilding and powerlifting and if you're into either one they'll let you do whatever the hell you want in their gym. On top of that they've always let me trained at no cost and done anything they could to help me out. Not everyone in the place is a pro bodybuilder but everyone IS there to train. And there's none of the bullshit that goes on in other places. The people who train there aren't jealous, they don't talk shit, and they're not corny. Everyone supports one another and that's what a real gym should be like in my opinion. Montanari Brothers' Golds Gym New Haven, CT.
    I couldn't have said it better myself, Evan!!! I've been going there for 16 years. The Montanari Brother's are awesome! And the equipment?? They don't make them like they used to. Those old machines are the best!!! Gold's New Haven is HARDCORE.

Quote Originally Posted by vetteboy2002 View Post
    I couldn't have said it better myself, Evan!!! I've been going there for 16 years. The Montanari Brother's are awesome! And the equipment?? They don't make them like they used to. Those old machines are the best!!! Gold's New Haven is HARDCORE.
    VERY interesting in light of John Romano's column in MD this month about Golds new corporate owners, who are trying to move the chain towards soccer moms and senior citizens and AWAY from the more hardcore lifter.

I hope the owners of that gym have the balls to stick to their guns.

Both you guys and the other members may want to make it known to the owners there that you want the gym to stay HARDCORE.

Iron Addict

Dartmouth Fitness Center
    North Dartmouth Mass

Sick gym, all guys, 150lb dumbells, 100lb plates, all business

FLEX Gym
    4020 Bonney Rd # 112
    Virginia Beach, VA 23452
    (757) 631-2445

170 lb Dumbbells, chalk and yelling...

Best gym in Hampton Roads. Powerlifters, bodybuilders and ever regular folks. Contrary to the beliefs of the Corporate Stooges at Gold's, Bally's and Planet Fatness, regular folks aren't scared of big guys. You see, when someone comes to the gym to actually train, they develop the uncanny ability to APPRECIATE what we're trying to accomplish.
    Last edited by Triple-H_2005; May 29th, 2007 at 07:09 PM.

MAUCERI PRIVATE FITNESS
    5380 BRAINARD ROAD
    SOLON OHIO 44139

QUIET,PRIVATE,NOT OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
    TRAIN AS YOU WANT TO
    NO RULES EXCEPT DO NOT BREAK ANYTHING
    AWESOME FOR PRE CONTEST AND POSING PRACTICE
    EVERYONE GETS THE SAME TRAINING AND NUTRITION ADVICE
    IF YOU TRAIN THERE, IN ONE WAY OR ANOTHER YOU'RE A BODYBUILDER

Default Maryland, De., Pa.

In MD. Brick-House Fitness (410-642-0020), Perryville, MD. Open 6 a.m. 'til Midnight, Lots of free-weight (real shit w/ bars rated in excess of current world records), custom made platform, mono-lift, witnessing 800 pound benches and 1,000 pound squats is fairly common here, chalk is allowed/provided, big sound system w/ lots of angry white music.

In Nazareth PA., Nazareth Barbell (NAZBAR) - more big, big lifts regularly, lots of real shit

In DE., The Training Center in Churchmans' Way Shopping Center - A bit "nicer" in appearance and a shade toned down than the first two mentioned but still plenty hardcore with its share of big animals and big lifts (also host to a couple powerlifting meets each year).

1)Powerhouse Gym....St.Louis, Mo. (best gym in St. Louis!!!)
    www.powerhousegymstl.com
    314-968-3113
    owened by IFBB fitness pro Angie Semsch and managed by our very own 2hot4u

2)American Family Fitness.
    3670 State Rt. 111
    Granite City, Il. 62040
    618-931-5590
    (this gym is PACKED with equipment and has been in business for over 35 years)
    this is where I got my start in working out!!!!!! Currently home to Npc bodybuilder Brett Becker and Npc Masters
    competitor Ralph Wright
    Last edited by thundergod; May 31st, 2007 at 10:25 PM.

The Weight Room
    NW 39th and Tulsa Ave
    OKC OK

50,000 Sq Ft....DBs up to 150 pds....5 or 6 squat/power racks....Lots of Hammer Strength (they the original Hammer leg press that will kick your butt) Some big MoFo work-out there.

I've just been going over this thread again.... This thing is awesome!
    Keep them coming!

HARDCORE MUST NEVER DIE!

Club Marco
    686 Bald Eagle Dr
    Marco Island, FL 34145
    (239) 394-8104

Your typical ironpit gym nestled in the heart of retirement country.....lol

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog21 View Post
    Club Marco
    686 Bald Eagle Dr
    Marco Island, FL 34145
    (239) 394-8104

Your typical ironpit gym nestled in the heart of retirement country.....lol
    surprised you didnt post a link to the gym you train at.....NEW LADY FITNESS.....LOL

Hey Romano!!! Read the article in the july issue of MD about Golds. These place are sprouting up all over. They recently opened one up less than 4 minutes from my house and the place is huge. I went in just to see what the equipment was like and after talking to the manager, he said they DO NOT allow any deadlifts in this new club. (in other words, NO POWER LIFTING) After talking with this clown and reading your article, the "real" GOLDS GYM is dead!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thundergod View Post
    surprised you didnt post a link to the gym you train at.....NEW LADY FITNESS.....LOL
    LOL.....Dude its too harcore for this thread....

I hear you about the golds too....they have A couple in Indy now.....its pretty sad....

SAD does not even begin to describe it. They have a "mind and body" room, a cardio Cinema, Pilates room and a bunch of machines with weight stacks that only go to about 100lbs. Not the kind of place that should carry the name Golds Gym.

Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast