Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: THE HARDCORE GYM REGISTRY

Ironworks
    Unit 2 Parkview Trading Estate
    107, Pershore Rd South, Birmingham, B30 3EJ

0121 458 6615

Everytime i go back to the UK this is the only place i train. I have traveled alot and have never come accross a place like this, A dying breed!

All the best hardcore gyms are almost gone. I used to train at Victory Gym in Peterborough, Ontario, Canada. A smaller gym in comparison to today's but just plain hardcore bodybuilding and heavy lifting going on. Lots of tank tops, gruntin, loud heavy music, and the best bunch of people. I've trained also at an old Gold's gym in London, Ontario which was awesome but now it's been baught out by a "fitness" franchise and it's not the same.

our dumbells go to 250 pounds on one is painted ron and the other is painted coleman.
    http://www.strong-and-shapely.com/ see a video of the gym and my girlfriend miss israel 3 time figure ira mayan

250 lb dumbbells, a man would be set for life

375 pounds each.. Powerhouse Gym Yucaipa, Ca AKA "The Vault."

Is this allowed

Quote Originally Posted by The Student View Post
    Futenma McCutcheon Gym

Hours of Operation
    Monday-Friday, 0500-2000
    Saturday, Sunday & Holidays, Closed

McCutcheon Gym offers the latest in physical fitness. The facility is housed with state of the art fitness equipment available for use. Body Masters upper-body and lower-body selectorized machines; Life Fitness cardio equipment (treadmills, lifecycles, stair steppers, and cross trainers).

They forgot to mention that this gym used to be the base basketball court, so there is no A/C (Okinawa summer temps 89-100 with 100% humidity) or Heat (winter temps 50-70)
    The one on Camp Pendleton is really nice.

Default Monster Gym

150kg (330lb) Dumbells at Monster Gym, Cheshunt, UK!
    Last edited by Essexfreak; June 5th, 2007 at 01:19 PM.

Who the fuck would use those, and for what?

I've never seen anyone lift 'em mate. Just for show I reckon!

Banned

I would have to say whatever gym adonis trains at would be super duper hardcore!!! LOL I figure all the walls are pink and the equiptment is rubber coated in bright colors and they have a no grunting law for all meatheads....and the music playing is from the footloose soundtrack........kevin bacon will be at the juice bar and jezzebell will be in a richard simmons outfit sweating to the oldies....

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
    I would have to say whatever gym adonis trains at would be super duper hardcore!!! LOL I figure all the walls are pink and the equiptment is rubber coated in bright colors and they have a no grunting law for all meatheads....and the music playing is from the footloose soundtrack........kevin bacon will be at the juice bar and jezzebell will be in a richard simmons outfit sweating to the oldies....

As long as there's lots of weight to lift... I'd lift there...wtf do I care... it's all about the weight... I will just try hard not to grunt.

Default Fort Galaxy, Ilford, London Enland

1 Connaught Lane Ilford Essex IG1 1TN
    tel: 0208 5140686

THis place rocks. . .has all modern equipment and lots of stuff that is custom made but it looks like it needs a total makeover in terms of the decor. .perfect! no heat in the winter. .just keep taking off the layers as you train and warm up. . owned by one of the UKs biggest bodybuilders. . .Dean Mcternan.

Full meals cooked on site, full line of supps and a more hardcore crowd is not to be found....don't

I don't have pics of it! Will try to get some. . .
    "Time is what makes Champions"
    Etrain - - 2006

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe Diem View Post
    F'in classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Essexfreak View Post
    150kg (330lb) Dumbells at Monster Gym, Cheshunt, UK!
    The UK rules!! Some of the toughest mofos come out of the UK. Mad respect.

Pumping Iron (now closed) on the upper east side in NYC. That place was the bomb. Many a legends have passed through there. Dickerson called it home for a while. Harold Poole, Orville Burke, Chuck Michaels to name a few others.

NYC BIG MIKE

Hah, I left out my friend Big Jim Quinn.

NYC BIG MIKE

Iron Pit
    Leechburg PA

I trained at this gym for a months this past summer. With my busy schedule I had a hard time getting workouts in. But then a fellow powerlifter told me about this place. Although 60 miles from my home, I would train there at least 4 times a week.

Leechburg has seen its better days and is downtown is about the size of a city block. Iron Pit, is on the main drag. There is a sign over a door reading "Gym"
    Its a key club, so once you join you have 24 hour access. You open the door and descend down the steps into a one room basement gym. If you want a mental picture think DOrian's Temple gym. Dumbells go up to 175 lbs. Several power racks, leg press that can hold 2000lbs, One piece of hammer equipement, barely any cables, lots of benches and incline benches ect ect. I have gotten some of my best workouts there. Sometimes at 4:00 am!!!!

One time I was training there and water from somewhere upstairs was dripping on us. We didn't even care! The bathroom is an adventure unto itself.
    The guys that train there are super hardcore and powerful.
    There is one picture or actually collage of bodybuilders and powerlifters hanging up. Otherwise there are several pics of the hottest women in the fitness industry.

Its truely hardcore.

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast