Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: THE HARDCORE GYM REGISTRY

This thread is kick ass! Anyone want to create a listing out of all the posts? Like state by state or something?

john is this goin to be featured in md? it would be a great listing of gyms around the world

Quote Originally Posted by irish_muscle View Post
    john is this goin to be featured in md? it would be a great listing of gyms around the world
    Yes! Around the world. My bad. It is hard to feature it in MD because it is always changing or being added to. However, it is a perfect online resource.

good stuff john thx for the reply

Powerhouse Gym in Adelaide South Australia. 1 treadmill, 2 rusty exercise bikes and a stack of freeweights. Ronnie trained there (legs) in the 3rd dvd, On the road. About 350 members , maybe 20 women total. Some members are natural.

Hyde Park in Austin, Tx...home of natural champion Dave Goodin. Great old school equipment.

best gym in Europe is busek gym Munich and BBc word Prague

The Weightroom in Santa Cruz, California. It's laid out like the old Gold's Gym. It's got posters of Dave Draper's magazine covers and photos of him everywhere, and if you show up at the right time he'll be getting a workout in there.

120 Dubois Street Santa Cruz, CA 95060
    (831) 423-5617 - Fax (831) 423-4235
    In the Harvey West Park area, behind Costco and UPS
    I min/max my physique

My gym replaced its old hack with Hammerstrength's bullshit version, and Christmas here brought 'em a new I don't know what: rack with weightstack, handles, and ELECTRONIC something ... triggers duct-taped everywhere. What is this?

Plus, the bikes have become "spinners" in what is now a "cardio theater"; lotta talk, too, about "achieving fitness" and "core" lately. And I'm always tripping over some trainer's giant balls.

I'm therefore NOT adding my once hardcore gym to the registry.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    And I'm always tripping over some trainer's giant balls..
    Nah,id love to,but ill just leave that post be.lol

Quote Originally Posted by dlew6969 View Post
    Nah,id love to,but ill just leave that post be.lol
    Have at it! I put that fucker on a tee.

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
    Have at it! I put that fucker on a tee.
    lol

Default Best in the area

The YMCA I workout in is not exactally hardcore but you can get a hardcore workout there without any hassels if you want.
    Everyone is frendly and helpful but not judgemental. sometimes my workout clothes get a bit extreme like the short shorts I wear on leg day and the speedo [a 2-incher] I do laps in.

Quote Originally Posted by minataur View Post
    The YMCA I workout in is not exactally hardcore but you can get a hardcore workout there without any hassels if you want.
    Everyone is frendly and helpful but not judgemental. sometimes my workout clothes get a bit extreme like the short shorts I wear on leg day and the speedo [a 2-incher] I do laps in.

I train at a YMCA simply because it's really close to my place. 2 sets of DBs, one only goes up to 80, the other up to 100. Only 2 squat racks. Smith. A very broad selection of machines (compared to many gyms I've been in). Lots of benches. Surprisingly, the demographic includes a lot of serious lifters, male and female.

Question: any hardcore gyms in MONTREAL?

Default gyms

The only hardcore gym left in Vancouver that I know of is called Fitness Quest [their slogan(written in huge letters across the whole south wall): Survival of the Fittest!]. You can squat till you puke in the summer with very little weight, as there is no air conditioning. It's in the south-east part of the city, so the clientele is mostly indo-canadian thugs nowadays. The only chicks you see there are using the tanning beds. There is a team of powerlifters who train there, which is cool for obvious reasons, but which sucks because there's only two power racks. These guys used to work out at another Fitness Quest closer to downtown, which has since gone out of business. With a big 'ole weight floor, tons of freeweights, four power racks, a boxing ring upstairs, and friendly, BIG staff, this place had the best bodybuilding atmosphere I've experienced. This gym could have stayed afloat indefinately, but a couple of years ago the lease run out, and the owner sold the property out from under them. It's now a Canadian Tire and Best Buy.

Quote Originally Posted by gymdog View Post
    The only hardcore gym left in Vancouver that I know of is called Fitness Quest [their slogan(written in huge letters across the whole south wall): Survival of the Fittest!]. You can squat till you puke in the summer with very little weight, as there is no air conditioning. It's in the south-east part of the city, so the clientele is mostly indo-canadian thugs nowadays. The only chicks you see there are using the tanning beds. There is a team of powerlifters who train there, which is cool for obvious reasons, but which sucks because there's only two power racks. These guys used to work out at another Fitness Quest closer to downtown, which has since gone out of business. With a big 'ole weight floor, tons of freeweights, four power racks, a boxing ring upstairs, and friendly, BIG staff, this place had the best bodybuilding atmosphere I've experienced. This gym could have stayed afloat indefinately, but a couple of years ago the lease run out, and the owner sold the property out from under them. It's now a Canadian Tire and Best Buy.
    Bro,
    there used to be soo many hardcore gyms in vancouver. Western gym, Gators (far out of Van though). Golds on the NorthShore still has a fantastic gym, and takes good care of the members. Best gym was Olympus Gym off lonsdale, closed many years ago with all the new high rises going up. Some world class powerlifters, and national level Canadian BB's. Oh man, I'm tearing up!!!!! Now most of the gyms are

I've been meaning to register Hard Nocks Gym for some time now. I was too lazy to go back through the thread, so I hope that this one hasn't already been listed.

Hard Nock's Gym
    11 High Street
    Amesbury, MA 01913
    (978)388-6929
    Owner is Dave Nock.

WWE's John Cena trained there for a long time (or is it Matt...they are brothers and they both train/trained there).

It's a pretty sweet little spot, with the emphasis on little LOL.
    It's 24 hours for members, who are given a key to come and go as they please. For anyone who wants to show up and train, drop $6 in the envelope at the door on your way in.

I've never seen so much damn equipment crammed into a place like this before in my life. You wouldn't believe it, but there's a little of everything there, including some old school stuff.

Dave Nock is a great guy. He loves to train hard and old school style - I train with him for contest prep, and he likes to take things outside and get a little dirty! Dave is the older gentleman in the background of the pic below. Believe it or not, these pics capture just about the entire gym!

Be sure to tell Dave Nock HI from LORI if you go!

Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast