Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: THE HARDCORE GYM REGISTRY

Yeah, Cena talked about that gym in a WWE promo once. Next time I'm in Mass I will definitely stop there.

Iron House Gym in Hazleton, PA.

The Iron House is very small, but it's a pretty hardcore place. Dumbells to 150, thickbars, a loadable log, lots of plates, good racks, and a good overall setup. Only two or three machines and a Smith, but it's a nice place. Lots of bodybuilding/strongman/powerlifting trophies are displayed around the gym.

Ultimate Fitness in Hazleton, PA.

Ultimate Fitness has a long history in the Hazleton area. It just moved to a new location that is 50% smaller than the original, but the owner managed to keep all of the lifting equipment and machines. Another simple basic gym for the simple basic workouts that build huge bodies.

Banned

PLANET FITNESS!!!!!!!!! shhhhh no grunting!!!! ROTFLMFAO!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Grim View Post
    I used to train at this place west of St. Louis in a little town/city called Union. The gym was xtreme fitness, lots of big dudes, the owner was Bill White, he was prolly about 60 years old when I was there and could just throw the weight around.I miss working out there.
    how far west? i'm east of stl...

Quote Originally Posted by tflexxin View Post
    Bro,
    there used to be soo many hardcore gyms in vancouver. Western gym, Gators (far out of Van though). Golds on the NorthShore still has a fantastic gym, and takes good care of the members. Best gym was Olympus Gym off lonsdale, closed many years ago with all the new high rises going up. Some world class powerlifters, and national level Canadian BB's. Oh man, I'm tearing up!!!!! Now most of the gyms are
    Yeah, tell me about it. The gym I'm at now, Kitsilano Workout, was voted best independent gym in the city, and it probably is, but it's still not that good. There is ONE power rack, and tons of cardio and pussy machines. None of the staff ever tighten any of the barbells or dumbells, and the music is absolute crap. Chalk is not allowed. At least they don't have a "no tank-top" rule. There are probably a dozen or so hardcores who work out there, and each chick you see is hotter than the last, so it's not all bad.

This has been awesome everyone! One of our gracious dedicated members has painstakingly complied all these entries and arranged them by state, province and country, in alphabetical order. I'm setting it up in Romano Factor right now and it will be published in the April issue of MD. I'm hoping to update the printing quarterly, so please keep your submissions coming. Eventually, we'll build a search engine and dedicate this to its own page.

Thanks again!!

Got one more for you Romano.

Colosseum Gym
    9159 Red Branch Rd
    Columbia, MD 21045
    (410) 740-2339

19th street gym between 6th and 7th ave.
    Manhattan , N.Y.

Train once in while when in the city...good friends with the owner, same one of the owners of Crobar as well..Check it out..Real basement type gym, loud house music playing all day long.
    IronMag Labs Athlete
    IronMagLabs.com ---> SAVE 15% OFF USING "adam15"

Bostonian living in Plano, TX - Go Red Sox!

Powerhouse gym
    360 smith st
    Farmingdale ny
    Home of Steve Michalik

You'll the craziest shit by his team members daily between 6-8am.

best leg gym ive ever been to.
    nebula 45* leg press
    flex fitness 35* leg press
    hammer seated leg press
    nebula verticle leg press
    4 different leg extentions
    5 different hack squats
    power squat
    9 different calf machines
    3 squat racks
    2 cages

and a ton more
    $299-$349 for 15 months

Quote Originally Posted by John Romano View Post
    This has been awesome everyone! One of our gracious dedicated members has painstakingly complied all these entries and arranged them by state, province and country, in alphabetical order. I'm setting it up in Romano Factor right now and it will be published in the April issue of MD. I'm hoping to update the printing quarterly, so please keep your submissions coming. Eventually, we'll build a search engine and dedicate this to its own page.

Thanks again!!
    The best gym I have trained in recently is the GOLDS on Doc Phillups Ave in Orlando, open 24/7 incredible equipment selection and very clean.

The hardest core place I ever trained was Ric Postons Golds in Tampa, ( now closed) really incredible place for musclehedz.

Mike Ferguson had a really incredible hard core place in Middletown , Ohio. I will try to get the exact addresses for ya.
    Sadly, the last even semi harcore gym in my area is going to close FEB 1.
    It was the old World Gym in Marietta had a name change recently but produced NPC Nationals champ 2005 Mimi Jabalee. Big place lost of hardcore equipment and serious lifters.
    When Cofee's gym closed around here, 3 years ago, many were bummed out.

Howard
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Powerstation Gym
    1821 S Univeristy Blvd
    Middletown, Ohio
    513- 423-9514

This is about 20 min south of Dayton , really awesome bodybuilding gym
    ask for Big Mike.
    I saw a star, reached for it...and MISSED

Alex23

Jungle Gym
    5623 SE Center St
    Portland, OR 97206

(503) 775-6399

allways traing there when I'm up in Portland. Noel Fuller is the owner there. Nikki Fuller former husband and trainer. Couple of national level competitors made this place their home

Remember Alchim Albrecht? Well at his peak he would spend his last 3 months before the olympia to complete his prep.

Banned

I should have POSTED this here a while back so here goes...

I'd like to REGISTER my little ultra-hardcore gym located on the mean streets of Chicago's SOUTHSIDE...'PUMPS MUSCLE STATION-GYM'.

From the outside or the streets you would never ever know there is a gym there. Only 'those in the know' can show you exactly where it's at. Located on the first floor of a large apartment building complex, PUMPS GYM or 'Pumps' for short, has no signs, no windows or any marker to let anyone know we're there. It's a very private MEMBERS ONLY type of place where we issue all members who we trust their own set of keys for 24/7 access.

Walk inside and you will be suprised to see it's only a basic 'store-front' size kind of like the old gym Lou Ferrigno trained at seen in 'Pumping Iron'. Bright vivid-green walls with autographed pics of almost every PRO in the industry and various Chicago personalities. Giant jumbo mirorrs, dumbbells up to 160lbs, 1 of every essential piece with modified weight stacks that exceed 300lbs. Old School Nautilus machines such as the original PULLOVER and only 4 cardio pieces. Stack of rusty 100lbs plates w/ cchalk and broken ammonia sticks all over the floor and no door in the bathroom.

Gangsta rap or metal blaring over the sound system at any given time, this place is my HOME and now home to a couple National Level BB competitors, Figure competitors and amature PL's.

Heavy and hard training is most welcome here. I contend it is the most perfect, seclusive 'hide-away' gym in Chicago. It's heard of through me but very few has been to.

MD's very own SpecialEd has been to Pumps Gym recently and gives it a very enthusiastic 'Two Thumbs Up!'.

Dave Palumbo has a T-SHIRT from there and Gregg Valentino has 3 autograph pics hanging up at very prominent eye level spots near the main entrence which still to this day ellicits comments from the few ladies who show up there such as..." ewwww...he's like...nasty! Are those implants or something? O-M-G...what is that? Is he like...real? Ewww..he looks like a psycho on steroids...he's on steroids, right? "

If you're ever in Chicago and want to come by and check it out? Then make arrangements with me. Anytime!

Pumps Muscle Station-Gym
    636 W 43rd St
    Chicago, IL 60609
    (773) 759-6232

hey block, your gym sounds pretty sweet, if I'm ever in the chicago area I'll have to check it out

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlockHead View Post
    I should have POSTED this here a while back so here goes...

I'd like to REGISTER my little ultra-hardcore gym located on the mean streets of Chicago's SOUTHSIDE...'PUMPS MUSCLE STATION-GYM'.

From the outside or the streets you would never ever know there is a gym there. Only 'those in the know' can show you exactly where it's at. Located on the first floor of a large apartment building complex, PUMPS GYM or 'Pumps' for short, has no signs, no windows or any marker to let anyone know we're there. It's a very private MEMBERS ONLY type of place where we issue all members who we trust their own set of keys for 24/7 access.

Walk inside and you will be suprised to see it's only a basic 'store-front' size kind of like the old gym Lou Ferrigno trained at seen in 'Pumping Iron'. Bright vivid-green walls with autographed pics of almost every PRO in the industry and various Chicago personalities. Giant jumbo mirorrs, dumbbells up to 160lbs, 1 of every essential piece with modified weight stacks that exceed 300lbs. Old School Nautilus machines such as the original PULLOVER and only 4 cardio pieces. Stack of rusty 100lbs plates w/ cchalk and broken ammonia sticks all over the floor and no door in the bathroom.

Gangsta rap or metal blaring over the sound system at any given time, this place is my HOME and now home to a couple National Level BB competitors, Figure competitors and amature PL's.

Heavy and hard training is most welcome here. I contend it is the most perfect, seclusive 'hide-away' gym in Chicago. It's heard of through me but very few has been to.

MD's very own SpecialEd has been to Pumps Gym recently and gives it a very enthusiastic 'Two Thumbs Up!'.

Dave Palumbo has a T-SHIRT from there and Gregg Valentino has 3 autograph pics hanging up at very prominent eye level spots near the main entrence which still to this day ellicits comments from the few ladies who show up there such as..." ewwww...he's like...nasty! Are those implants or something? O-M-G...what is that? Is he like...real? Ewww..he looks like a psycho on steroids...he's on steroids, right? "

If you're ever in Chicago and want to come by and check it out? Then make arrangements with me. Anytime!

Pumps Muscle Station-Gym
    636 W 43rd St
    Chicago, IL 60609
    (773) 759-6232

Forum Leader: No Bull Sports, MD Pets! paradox's Avatar

Guys do any of you know of any good gyms in Staten Island NY. IM moving back up to NYC iv been in FL finishing my BS degree now im getting my PhD up north so im moving back in with my parents.

Shout out to Xcel Health & Fitness In kissimmee FL

4536 W Irlo Bronson Hwy. 192 Kissimmee Fl

Place is awesome. allot of WWE wrestlers frequent the gym, iv seen the scotty brothers, Scott Steiner, The late owner Jaime Robinson who passed away 3 months was a former record holder of 610 bench and a professional wrestler, UFC trainer and trained some NFL and if im not mistaken he trained Jay cutler at one point when he was living in Ma.

They have every piece of equipment you can think of, clean yet hardcore, no dress code, and no one bothers you, the heaviest dumbbells we have go up to 220lbs. not to shabby

Club MetRx Costa Mesa, Ca
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Reich View Post
    19th street gym between 6th and 7th ave.
    Manhattan , N.Y.

Train once in while when in the city...good friends with the owner, same one of the owners of Crobar as well..Check it out..Real basement type gym, loud house music playing all day long.
    Tell Tommy I said Hi, and we're giving him some ink!

BODY ATTACK HARDCORESTUDIO OFFENBACH / GERMANY

HOME OF IFBB-PRO MIGGER MILAZZO

You want Hardcore? Come and enjoy!
    We`ve got ton`s of Iron to build you! Supplement and Clotheshop, since a few weeks we`ve got an Tatoostudio in there!!!!

You can take a look at

www.migger.de

Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast