Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: THE HARDCORE GYM REGISTRY

Amateur Threat

I can add to this list...

The original Powerhouse Gym... the very first one... located in Highland Park, MI (a small city actually located INSIDE Detroit)... although they have done a little remodeling there - added a sports clinic, added a crazy large cardio area... I have no idea what else they did since I stopped going - it is still hardcore, at least in the weight pit, and what a weight pit it is!!! Grunt, scream, curse, piss, spit, puke, whatever... I have seen it all done there before. Use chalk... use steroids... deadlift heavy and bang the weight hard... that is my kind of place for sure!!

As I said, I have no idea what they have done to the place since I left... but one thing is for sure... it is not a damn Planet Fitness type place.

Default House Of Pain

I have just noticed that the house of pain website has a listing of hardcore gyms. It is in the ' in the gym' section. This a powerlifting site so it probilly that sort of gym but hardcore is hardcore.I go there for tjhe gymwear.

Richie's Gym
    5419 Myrtle Ave
    Flushing, NY 11385
    (718) 418-6100

I trained here while I was in NYC attending my nephews funeral. It was $5 a day or $99 for 6months. It was hard core having db up to 150. Nothing but meatheads and the signs say bodybuilders gym. I was in heaven and will train here every trip back to the city

Default HA

I can tell you which gyms are NOT hardcore: every god damn Planet Fitness in the country. I really hope all of those places burn to the ground. We should all get together here on the MD boards and agree to go to the nearest PF on a certain date and set off lunk alarms nation wide. Those fucking fat assholes...

Ocean State Body Builders
    10 Morgan Mill Rd.
    Johnston,R.I. 02919
    401-942-9646

typical hardcore gym, 200lb dumbells. chalk all over the floor, the owner has his own arc welder to repair the weights espescially the dumbells from being trown onto the floor. no A/C and just about heat in the winter.

pretty much every gym or soilder field house on a major military installation. they have excellent old school shit and an abundance of it and no one to get in your way, so if you can make friends with a soilder and get guest passes to the nearest location.

VOIDS GYM in da BRONX old school hardcord,dirty,grimmy,getto.HOOLA VOID.

Total fitness gymon the seawall in Galveston Texas. Just got an apt on the seawall there and thank god I found this gym, I was scared there would not be a real gym in gtown. But this one rox.

Quote Originally Posted by bigriggs View Post
    ATILIS GYM BABY!!!!!!!!!!.. Pacific Ave, Wildwood NJ, 08260...I'm happy to be co-owner of a fine facility and what I believe is one of the last hardcore gym's left in South Jersey.........Train Hard or Go Home.
    I haven't trained there for several years, but that place is the real deal. If you are at the south Jersey shore, that is the HARD CORE place to go.

Spotter

There is a decent gym where I work called Marblehead Athletic Club on Tioga Way in Marblehead MA. It's under new ownership and they are completely renovating the place. It's a little out of the way, but the equipment is new (lots of Cybex), they are constantly bringing in new equipment, and they have plenty of plates. During the day the benches and equipment are accessacble so you don't need to wait to get to what you want to use. The only drawbacks are is that there isn't a T-bar and the dumbells only go up to 90 lbs, but supposedly they are adding dumbells up to 120 lbs soon.

There is a brand new YMCA on Lynnfield Street in Peabody, MA. The place is only about 2 months old, so everything is new. Lots of cardio equipment, and olympic indoor and outdoor pool, a full size basketball court, a jacuzzi, and good saunas. Not much in the way of free weights, but you can get a decent workout in.

I take my 4 year old to the Y on the weekends to swim and play basketball. It's a good way to get him exposed to a healthy lifestyle. He already knows about his biceps, triceps, pecs, etc.., and which foods "make your muscles big"...

Quote Originally Posted by Licketysplit View Post
    There is a decent gym where I work called Marblehead Athletic Club on Tioga Way in Marblehead MA. It's under new ownership and they are completely renovating the place. It's a little out of the way, but the equipment is new (lots of Cybex), they are constantly bringing in new equipment, and they have plenty of plates. During the day the benches and equipment are accessacble so you don't need to wait to get to what you want to use. The only drawbacks are is that there isn't a T-bar and the dumbells only go up to 90 lbs, but supposedly they are adding dumbells up to 120 lbs soon.

There is a brand new YMCA on Lynnfield Street in Peabody, MA. The place is only about 2 months old, so everything is new. Lots of cardio equipment, and olympic indoor and outdoor pool, a full size basketball court, a jacuzzi, and good saunas. Not much in the way of free weights, but you can get a decent workout in.

I take my 4 year old to the Y on the weekends to swim and play basketball. It's a good way to get him exposed to a healthy lifestyle. He already knows about his biceps, triceps, pecs, etc.., and which foods "make your muscles big"...
    I don't think you belong here.

Hardcore gyms: 1) Have T Bar Rows. 2) Have dumbbells way above 90

3) Are not YMCAs 4) Do not have pools, saunas, basketball courts etc etc etc etc

Or was this post spam?

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by egoatdoor View Post
    I don't think you belong here.

Hardcore gyms: 1) Have T Bar Rows. 2) Have dumbbells way above 90

3) Are not YMCAs 4) Do not have pools, saunas, basketball courts etc etc etc etc

Or was this post spam?
    The MAC is being upgraded with new weights and new equipment. It was a real shithole but the new owners are fixing it up and adding more weight. It's no frills, just a weight room and a section with cardio equipment. It's a hell of a lot better than Bally's or Planet Fitness, which unfortunately are the only other places around here to work out.

Never said the Y was hardcore. I just mentioned that it was a brand new facility and it's where I take my kid on my off-days. Start them young and it becomes a way of life for them, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Licketysplit View Post
    Never said the Y was hardcore. I just mentioned that it was a brand new facility and it's where I take my kid on my off-days. Start them young and it becomes a way of life for them, right?
    So why post this in a thread about Hardcore gyms??

Quote Originally Posted by egoatdoor View Post
    3) Are not YMCAs
    There is an extremely hardcore YMCA near me. It's a full on dungeon that you guys would cream for.

-If I wasn`t built for this I`d be dead by now-

WWW.ZONECAPONE.COM

RILYE'S GYM IN SEVEN HILLS SYDNEY AUSTRALIA WERE WE PRESS KOALA'S AND LUNGE WITH KANGAROO'S

furness health studio.greengate street barrow in furness cumbria.u.k

one hardcore hell hole with not a straigth barbell insight,all machines made by hand in local ship building yard fookin ages ago..and still going strong to this day,

top gym in north west of england.

formerly ran by bill hemsworth,to any u.k guys that name should rign a bell .
    ben

Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast