Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: THE HARDCORE GYM REGISTRY

Default THE HARDCORE GYM REGISTRY

This is it fellas! Post your picks of the true hardcore gyms left in the world. Make sure you give location, address, phone number, website address, and a brief description.

Preserve the hardcore!

her you go john

Loughlinstown Leisure Centre
    Loughlinstown Dr Dun Laoghaire Co.
    Dublin

Telephone: (01) 2823344
    No Fax Number on File
    No Website URL on file

to put it simply i didnt make gains untill i found this gym, loughlinstown gym has no pointless extras and the most complex equitment there is a latpull down machine, most of the members are bodybuilders and dumbells go up to 170 pounds quite simply it is the closet thing to metroflex in ireland

Planet Fitness
    around every F***ing corner
    Phone 1-800 GET-GAY

Planet Fitness has re-invented the hardcore. Dumbells that go up to 60lbs!!! Hopefully someone in the gym will get strong enough to use them one day. Currently they are collecting dust in the back. NO tanktops because the incredible physiques of the members will spark jealousy from window watchers. Forget free weights, cybex machines and ellipticals are the hardcore of the future.

Default Got 2 for you John

"The Hardcore GYM in Minnesota"
    The Press Gym
    Roseville Minnesota
    www.thepressgym.com

- If your a Minnesota native and you want hardcore, this is the place for you, dumbbells up to 200, squat racks and dedlifting platforms galore. Not to mention some of the heaviest shit blasting loud constantly. I live 45 minutes from here, but whenever I get a chance I make the trip

"The Press's 2nd Cousin"
    The GYM
    Elk River Minnesota
    No website...?

- This is my gym, I live 10 minutes away. I've worked here in the past and sill train here. Dumbbells up to 150, some machines(old) but mostly free weights. Owner doesn't care about chalk flying, grunt as loud as you like here and No Bull to deal with either. Walls are flooded with pictures of bodybuilders and powerlifters. Still runner-up to The Press, but comes in a close #2

• Diamond Gym
    732 Irvington Avenue
    Maplewood, NJ 07040
    (973) 762-0828

John Kemper's Diamond Gym is probably the most hardcore gym around on the east coast...basic equipment...dozens of pros have trained there and you had and still have regulars like Matt DuVall, Jason Arntz, Craig Richardson, Sean Jones etc.

Made Member

does hardcore mean the place has to smell and have old equipment
    and you need a tetnus shot to use the barbells ?

Default Metroflex

Metroflex gym in Arlington, TX

I have trained at gyms all over the World and nothing compares to Metro for Intensity and attitude. Its the only one left. thank God its in my back yard

How about those hardcore gyms that are dearly departed?

My fave was Vinny Greco's Powerhouse Gym in Watertown, MA. It was upstairs in an old (like 150 years old) factory building, All wood floors that were banged up from the weights, tons of great old machines, free weights, squat racks, deadlift platforms, but best of all, there were at least 10-20 members getting ready for a contest at any time, both bb's and powerlifters. Lots of big guys, lots of juiced-up Italian kids, lots of T-Michael tops and Crazee Wear pants. Only music allowed was hard rock.

God, how I miss that fucking place!
    Muscular Development Online Editor
    FB: Ron Harris IG: RonHarrisMuscle Author "EvilX10: 10 Tales of Extreme Darkness"

The best we have here in Vegas is

Gold's Gym

Flamingo/Sandhill

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trainer4Life View Post
    "The Hardcore GYM in Minnesota"
    The Press Gym
    Roseville Minnesota
    www.thepressgym.com

- If your a Minnesota native and you want hardcore, this is the place for you, dumbbells up to 200, squat racks and dedlifting platforms galore. Not to mention some of the heaviest shit blasting loud constantly. I live 45 minutes from here, but whenever I get a chance I make the trip

"The Press's 2nd Cousin"
    The GYM
    Elk River Minnesota
    No website...?

- This is my gym, I live 10 minutes away. I've worked here in the past and sill train here. Dumbbells up to 150, some machines(old) but mostly free weights. Owner doesn't care about chalk flying, grunt as loud as you like here and No Bull to deal with either. Walls are flooded with pictures of bodybuilders and powerlifters. Still runner-up to The Press, but comes in a close #2
    ha! I trained at 'the gym' when I came to visit my best friend carl during the past summer

some other good gyms

-golds gym on flamingo in vegas
    -The Gainesville Gym
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

can't remember the name of the place, but one summer i went to NY to visit a friend and i trained at an old school basement gym in Yonkers on Broadway.....there was a big ass Puerto Rican guy who ran the place and it had a system that blasted nothing but hip-hop and salsa/merengue....great place

Quote Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    ha! I trained at 'the gym' when I came to visit my best friend carl during the past summer

Layne, do you know if it was the Elk River location? There are two other GYM's in Minnesota, so just checking? Also, what was your experience like there? Did you like it?

The best gym I've ever trained at in Jersey is the old Dynamic Fitness in Edison, NJ - now closed! Thats where I first watched Rich Gaspari train, I was in high school at the time. The music was loud and obnoxious, the machines were "homemade" - the owner was a welder and made knockoffs of anything and everything we needed.

Diamond Gym in Maplewood has got to be among the most hardcore in the nation.

I'm growing a liking to Apollon Gym in Edison, its dark and basic, they still have the old school medal weights and a hardcore attitude.
    NOW LET ME SEE YOU WERQ.

Made Member

EASTSIDE GYM ON 13 ST AND 2ND AVE IN A BASEMENT
    IT WAS GREAT IN THE SUMMER WHEN IT WAS ABOUT 125 D DOWN THERE
    AND SOMETIMES THE SEWAGE WASTE WOULD BACK UP IN THE LEG AREA LOL, ALL HANDMADE EQUIPMENT WELDER/OWER EFRIM RAN THE PLACE
    YOU COULD ONLY TRAIN THERE IF A MEMBER BROUGHT YOU IN AND SAID YOU AN OK GUY , WHAT A GREAT PLACE THAT WAS
    LEON BROWN USED TO TRAIN THERE AND HAROLD POOLE !
    I MISS THAT SHIT HOLE

I second the Gainesville Gym.

http://www.gvillegym.com/

This is AWESOME!!
    Keep them coming, guys!

Are there ANY hardcore gyms in the Detroit area?

Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast