Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: how often do you train each bodypart?

Voters
680. You may not vote on this poll
  • once per week

448 65.88%
  • twice per week

232 34.12%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: How often to train each bodypart?!?!?

Quote Originally Posted by sadie7869 View Post
    edit
    hey girl... you see pic on facebook of two weeks of dieting and no cardio,,,
    MHP ATHLETE johnathan lee Johnson

Generally once a week for most bodyparts but with calves, forearms and abs the only exceptions at twice a week..........

Just starting out again, after a year M.I.A. Once per week is enough, with one rest day. But depending on my body, I might train a part twice, if I feel it's necessary.

I do a full body routine three times a week at the moment, and it works for me. This is a variation of a routine I've been doing on and off since reading an article by Bradley J Steiner in Iron Man around 1988. Simple stuff = good.

That's right once a week is the best way of getting bigger

Back BI's once every four-days, every thing else once in eight days. I train four days one week, three the next. I train ten weeks total then take nine days off.

i trained 2 a week and felt hard most of the time but my energy levels would be low and sometimes my 2nd muscle group wouldnt of been hit as hard due to fatigue.

back to once a week and only training one muscle group a day seems to be better because i feel i work the muscle alot harder and go heavier.

I've done all diff styles but once a week works best for me. Once every 9ish days works good for me too

I work each bodypart twice per week. Lots of time Im not fully recovered but push past the pain for the gains. I see great results training this way as many bodybuilders of old trained with the same philosophy. My question is guyz... What happens to the (unheald fibers) muscle when worked thoroughly again. Does that muscle recruit a different set of fibers.. Do the already damaged fibers do the work and grow double time.... Is the previous workout negated (which cant be do to obvious growth Im experiencing) I understand the risk like over-training, running down my CNS, injuries, etc... but I grow from 2 a week but don't understand scientifically whats happening behind the scenes. Hope my question is clear and thank you guyz in advance for whatever help you can be.

Right on fellas
    Ray Luv

why do some guys train a lagging body part twice a week and the rest once a week?

if guys think that by training a lagging body part twice a week is better..shouldnt they train everything twice a week to improve all round?

I might switch it up but for the past 2 years I have always trained1 bp per week.

Chest
    Bi's and Tri's
    Legs
    Shoulders
    Back

All different ways seem to work very well for me depending on how many cals I'm eating.

I was getting tired of shoving over 4000 cals and working out 6 days a week, every bodypart twice a week.

Cut back to about 3000-3300 cals a day and working out about 3 days a week. Gaining weight a little faster and strength is a lot better as well.

GeorgeForemanRules

Push/legs/pull

But now since my delts suck so bad I might throw in another deltoid day.....but lower volume ( 1/2) and higher reps ( 15-20) on that second day.

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeForemanRules View Post
    Push/legs/pull

But now since my delts suck so bad I might throw in another deltoid day.....but lower volume ( 1/2) and higher reps ( 15-20) on that second day.
    I have tried many routines over the past 30 years and for some reason I always come back to the Push/legs/pull routine. Seems to work the best for my and I can recover well from it.

doing 2 a week at the moment but will change it next week to once a week with doing only one body part a day for 3/5 weeks.

only once a week. May give in an additional pump day for lagging bodyparts

I train each bodypart once a week, but I get e mails from Iron Man Mag saying it's very hard to put size on when you only train it one time a week?. I see from the poll that most train each bodypart once a week, I'am 46 years old and when I started to train again 3 years ago, my body weight was 147 lbs at 5'7, now I'm pushing 200 lbs. Why would they say that once a week is not good for putting on size.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast