Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: how often do you train each bodypart?

Voters
680. You may not vote on this poll
  • once per week

448 65.88%
  • twice per week

232 34.12%
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: How often to train each bodypart?!?!?

usually 1 time a week, somtimes i might push 2 times a few days apart if i feel it sneeded due to not having time or somthing
    LG Sciences Board Rep
    These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA, do not constitute medical advice, and are not official or authorized comments by LG Sciences, LLC.

i honestly think it depends on the individual person. everyone is different and recuperates differently depending on your nutrition, body and rest. i have tried both training body parts twice a week and i've stuck to doing it once per week. although i do touch up on arms and bi's during the week while also having a complete arms day. so it comes down to what you decide works best for you. if you see results, keep doing it, if you dont, then switch it up.

Nobody

I found this information to be helpful and clear

Twice a week, dc style

I train my arms and calves twice a week with high volume.
    -chest, shoulders, and back are all limited to one training session.
    -Legs are trained once a week as well, but I perform a couple sets of walking lunges halfway through the week in order to stretch the muscle.

Basically i go by how I feel and not by some predetermined routine....... Training this way has given me decent results and has helped to avoid injury, however I still have a lot of work to do when it comes to figuring out what really works best for me.
    I'm thinking about recording my workouts in order to better gauge my progress.

a couple of weeks..

Once a week here ...

Sent from my Rezound
    ~ Natural Pro Masters ~

It all depends on how intense your sets are, and how big or small the bodyparts are that you want train more than once a week.

If your advanced, most would probably get away with training a larger bodypart twice a week...but most likely not for a very long time.

But if someone trains with moderate intensity with moderate sets, then yes its more likely sustainable for longer periods of time.

Now if we are talking about small bodyparts, then I think with some good programming most can prob make good gains for awhile this way.

But speaking in general, training twice a week continuously would be more suited for beginners, intermediate trainers and those with blessed genetics.

once a week. but since i only take one day off, the 7th day i start all over again.

Quote Originally Posted by Abrasax View Post
    It all depends on how intense your sets are, and how big or small the bodyparts are that you want train more than once a week.

If your advanced, most would probably get away with training a larger bodypart twice a week...but most likely not for a very long time.

But if someone trains with moderate intensity with moderate sets, then yes its more likely sustainable for longer periods of time.

Now if we are talking about small bodyparts, then I think with some good programming most can prob make good gains for awhile this way.

But speaking in general, training twice a week continuously would be more suited for beginners, intermediate trainers and those with blessed genetics.
    You say doggcrapp is for begginers?

when i dieted for the British finals this October i was training each body part twice every 5 days or so. the split basically looked like this
    day 1 - Chest, Back and abs
    day 2 - Legs and Calves
    day 3 - Arms, Delts and abs
    day 4 - OFF
    Day 5 - REPEAT

i was also doing an hour of fasted cardio in the morning an as the show got closer, 20 mins post workout on top of this

Calves and abs 3X times a week. Every other body part once a week
    All statements made herein are fictional and are solely for entertainment purposes

I train body parts once a week.... In the past i have taken a weak body parts and done 3 sets of 15-18 reps every training day besides that body part's day. I noticed GREAT changes from doing this, so i might go back to this, as i have not done this in a while.

Nobody

I try to train 6 days a week on a 4 day split

usually twice...and if one particular part is sore i give it a miss

Dedicated Noob

i usually do legs twice a week...
    shoulders
    bi's and tri's together
    back
    stick core and cardio in there
    and one rest day
    I have trained 3 muscle groups in one work out before, but for me, i prefer just going hard with a particular muscle group, giving them a week to recover. the pump is unreal

One body part per day. Leg's every 5 day's.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast