Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: how often do you train each bodypart?

Voters
680. You may not vote on this poll
  • once per week

448 65.88%
  • twice per week

232 34.12%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: How often to train each bodypart?!?!?

depends on the routine. if your only doing one tough set per bp each workout then odviously you can work each one more than once a week.(dc) i like going back and forth between once a week, 1.5 per week, and twice a week. variety is the spice of life
    "Truth is truth, no matter who speaks it."
    Siddhattha Gotama

Quote Originally Posted by smvmuscle View Post
    once is enough......
    any more is over training unless your a freak. there are very few people who can fully recover from an all out workout in less time
    this will be an eternal dilema.. from what i have hear/read 1 time x week usually does the trick,.,, but some say twice a week...ive tried twice a week and its just exhausting..

I train everything once per week, except abs and calves. I train calves 2 to 3 times per week varying what i do, and I train abs randomly when I feel I have extra time. (maybe 1 or 2 times per month or maybe never)

Nice misfits poster in your avi charliegt

thanx!! ive actually had the chance of seeing them live last month... they were on their 30yr tour....xcellent show..totally worth it

i train every bodypart every 4-5 days, it works better, u lose to much if u wait a week in-between

vargasty

Ok I was just thinking about this in the gym before. Who said you can only train a body part once per week? No offense to anyone here but I believe Mike Mentzer was the first Pro to really advocate HIT with longer recovery time. Before him, pro's all used Volume training, mainly because it works. Look at Arnold, Sergio, Robby Robinson, Tom Platz, Danny Padilla, Franco Columbo, Frank Zane... they all looked great with volume. I believe they used to train everythign 2-3 times a week. I've seen sample work outs and they were insane by today's standars. Now today, people are usually training everything once a week. Now bodies may have gotten bigger, but are they really better? Honestly? DOes Jay Cutler look better now 30-40 lbs. heavier then he did in 2001? Does Ronnie Coleman look better at 290 then he did at 240 in 1998 and 1999? The answer is no. The only thing that has gotten bigger is their wastes. With all the drugs today, bodybuilders are not looking any better at all in my honest opinion and all the information I have seen repeatedly shows that a body part recovers in 72 hours with the exception of legs that may take 5-6 FULL days. If you train like Dorian, you will need more recovery time. But who can honestly say they generate the type of intensity that man did. I have seen him trianing and it's like his head was going to explode. He was at war everythime he stepped in the gym. I train balls to the wall and I can not even come close to matching his intensity. I also have seen great results hitting everything except legs twice a week with Sundays off.

once a week
    chest/calves/abs
    arms
    back/calves/abs
    legs
    shoulders/traps/abs

First week of training 2x per week(each muscle group) and it was brutal. I guess I'll stick with it because I read it takes the body like 4-6 weeks to adjust to a different training style.

It totaly depends on the reasons listed by Warrior.
    But for me, unless I do ATLEAST each twice a week I will NOT grow, I just stay where I am.
    So 2x a week for me!

I did legs 3x a week for about 6 weeks while I was waiting for my shoulder to get better. Shoulder still plays up a little, but my numbers have gone up from before the injury, so it seems to be coming right.

At the moment, each bodypart once a week, except for back and chest which get done 2x a week. On one day I focus on getting more back thickness (deads) and the other day is for width. Seems to be working for me.

I am finding that for me, it's optimal to train twice a week. Currently Sunday and Wednesdays for me. However, due to my work schedule, I am now only doing Deadlifts and Squats only one day a week - on Sunday, as it's taking too much of a toll on me when I am at work. I can't afford to be limping or walking slowly while I recover from Deads and Squats - and I am on my feet constantly at work. I work Wednesday through Saturdays, so my first day off is Sunday.

I am ending up with one full body day on Sundays, and an upper body workout on Wednesdays. I'm not a fan of the imbalance, but I can't afford to be handicapped while on the job.

3x over 2 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by gdbear65 View Post
    3x over 2 weeks
    DC?

Quote Originally Posted by west View Post
    DC?
    you know it!

i think it all depends what works for you... you may have good genetics and you are able to train bodyparts 2 times a week.. I train each bodypart once a week i feel my muscles need longer to rest. Give both a try and see how you grow.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC BIG MIKE View Post
    Age, experience, level of condition, body type, metabolism, ability to recover (natty or chemically enhanced).... among others.

NYC BIG MIKE
    NYC BIG MIKE always see your on top of your game good stuff on manyof your posts.

depends how you train, once a week works for me as I do HIT and extra intensifiers for weak bodyparts, tried hitting weak bodyparts twice a weak and they just got weaker. Whatever works.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast