Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: how often do you train each bodypart?

Voters
680. You may not vote on this poll
  • once per week

448 65.88%
  • twice per week

232 34.12%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: How often to train each bodypart?!?!?

Nobody

Right now my training split is:

monday-back
    tuesday-chest/shoulders
    wednesday-legs
    thursday-arms
    friday-shoulders
    saturday-legs
    sunday-rest

I try and train everything once a week if you can do everything twice a week more power to you but I have a life to damn

vargasty

I am jumping on the once a week band wagon too. I've read up alot on it recently and if you are not recovering from your workouts, you are doing more harm then good. I still advocate high-volume but torch the muscle and let it recover.

Quote Originally Posted by vargasty View Post
    I am jumping on the once a week band wagon too. I've read up alot on it recently and if you are not recovering from your workouts, you are doing more harm then good. I still advocate high-volume but torch the muscle and let it recover.
    The best thing is being able to look outside the box. By trying new things, you might discover a method that works well for you - despite producing little to none in others.

I have known guys with exceptional recovery ability, and others that produce next to nothing after an intense set. Since there is such a large margin of difference in the effectiveness of their energy systems, it would be silly to think they should both train the same. Plus, as you develop, your position on the intensity-to-volume curve shifts... which then lends itself to needing an alteration in your training frequency - to allow recovery and growth from the previous session.

Vairation in itself can be beneficial. Just keep an eye on your training log and do what keeps you progressively pushing past previous fitness thresholds. Don't get stuck spinning your wheels - always be ready to recognize when you need to adapt your training program to fit your needs.

vargasty

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    The best thing is being able to look outside the box. By trying new things, you might discover a method that works well for you - despite producing little to none in others.

I have known guys with exceptional recovery ability, and others that produce next to nothing after an intense set. Since there is such a large margin of difference in the effectiveness of their energy systems, it would be silly to think they should both train the same. Plus, as you develop, your position on the intensity-to-volume curve shifts... which then lends itself to needing an alteration in your training frequency - to allow recovery and growth from the previous session.

Vairation in itself can be beneficial. Just keep an eye on your training log and do what keeps you progressively pushing past previous fitness thresholds. Don't get stuck spinning your wheels - always be ready to recognize when you need to adapt your training program to fit your needs.
    The thing with me is I really LOVE to train. I'm only 22 so I guess that is why I have been able to make gains training with so frequently with such high volume but I would rather maximize my potential. As far as intensity goes, I really put my all into every working set so I train as intense as I possibly can. I definitly agree with thinking outside the box. I can't even justify my ignorance when I thought about it with anything more then "Arnold did it " lol.

Im doing a 5x5 right now so Im squatting 3x a week and doing other bodyparts atleast 2x

I train them everyday all at one...

Chest, Back, Legs, Shoulders once every 9 - 10 days.
    Arms, Abs twice every 9 - 10 days.

Banned

i train twice a week even when my muscle is sore... thats when i see results..

if you train higher volume. once per week.

weak body parts twice, good body parts once. works for me.

Thumbs up Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by AussieBeef View Post
    Twice per week in a push/pull scheme at the moment.
    10-12 sets for major body parts
    6 sets for minor
    this changes every month thou...

Same program for me pretty much. Although I make small adjustments in exercises choice as well to go heavier on big lifts and relatively lighter on minor lifts for the same muscle groups. I love the twice a week push pull scheme.....go 4 days a week with 3 full days to rest leaving for plenty of recovery from the heavy lifting you leave room for on training days.
    MS - Human Sport Performance
    NSCA - CPT, CSCS

I actually go lower volume, and once per week, and that's what has allowed me to get my best gains. I don't recover quick enough for twice a week, besides, why change anything if it's working.

In all honesty,it varies from one individual to the next. The key is to find what works for you.

once every 5 days (with low volume).

I was doing every bodypart but legs two times a week and legs once. I went to one time a week about two months ago. My size went up and all my weights went up too. When I was doing two times a week, I was hitting sticking points, but with my legs which I hit once, the weight was going up every workout along with size. So I started thinking maybe once a week would work for my other bodyparts like it did for my legs, and so far I'm happy with the new program.

Quote Originally Posted by sax View Post
    I was doing every bodypart but legs two times a week and legs once. I went to one time a week about two months ago. My size went up and all my weights went up too. When I was doing two times a week, I was hitting sticking points, but with my legs which I hit once, the weight was going up every workout along with size. So I started thinking maybe once a week would work for my other bodyparts like it did for my legs, and so far I'm happy with the new program.
    How much did your size go up by?

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast