Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: how often do you train each bodypart?

Voters
680. You may not vote on this poll
  • once per week

448 65.88%
  • twice per week

232 34.12%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: How often to train each bodypart?!?!?

I've been employing a 4 on/1 off schedule for awhile now. Chest/Triceps/Abs on Day 1, Back/Biceps/Calves on Day 2, Shoulders/Traps on Day 3, and Legs/Calves on Day 4. 25 sets apiece for chest/back/legs, 16 sets for biceps/triceps/shoulders, and 8 sets for traps.

once a week for me. If I get a good workout on a body part in I dont think I could train it again much sooner as the DOMS has gotten worse and lasts longer the older I get

I like training this way...

Day 1 - Chest/Tri

Day 2 - Legs

Day 3 - Cardio/Abs

Day 4 - Shoulders/Traps

Day 5 - Back/Bi

Day 6 - Cardio/Abs

Then on day 7 start the 6 day cycle again with chest and tris

So its kinda twice a week and almost once a week the best of both worlds

i trained tris 5 times last week.. it all depends.. arms 2-3times a week. chest, shoulders back, legs, once per week.

Dedicated Noob

Quote Originally Posted by canadianmuscle0803 View Post
    people who voted for 2x a week, can you please give an explanation to why you feel this works better for you? because ive tried this approach and i dont grow, i just stay hard..

Im a beginner but the secret to two times a week is muscle confusion. Every couple of weeks changing parts off your routines. And doing Power training at least once a week so your muscles grow and look thick and strong. but well everyone is different. In my opinion 2 times is better just because you are exausting the muscle more. but when doing 2 times a week be sure to rest!

Quote Originally Posted by jorgegarate View Post
    Im a beginner but the secret to two times a week is muscle confusion. Every couple of weeks changing parts off your routines. And doing Power training at least once a week so your muscles grow and look thick and strong. but well everyone is different. In my opinion 2 times is better just because you are exausting the muscle more. but when doing 2 times a week be sure to rest!

I knew you were a begginer as soon as I saw "muscle confusion".

How is it possible to confuse a muscle if you already know what your gona do?

If you usualy train biceps on monday and for some reason one day you decide to train them on tuesday why the hell would they be confused?

If you usually do dumbbell curls for biceps and decide one day to do barbell curls the muscle is still contracting, it did that during dumbbell curls so why would it be confused?

If you usually do 100lbs curls and one day decide to do 50lbs curls why would the muscle be confused? "omg Im sooo confused I better grow from this lighter resistance". LOL

Yes some exercises isolate different parts of the muscle better but trust me they never confuse a muscle. Muscle confusion was made up by a bunch of lazy bodybuilder so their workout wouldnt have to be as intense.

And I agree with you the more often you train a bodypart the faster it will grow that is if you always recover.
    "A LIMIT IS A TEMPORARY LEVEL OF ACCOMPLISHMENT THAT CAN BE SURPASSED"

Dedicated Noob

Quote Originally Posted by RAMBOris View Post
    I knew you were a begginer as soon as I saw "muscle confusion".

How is it possible to confuse a muscle if you already know what your gona do?

If you usualy train biceps on monday and for some reason one day you decide to train them on tuesday why the hell would they be confused?

If you usually do dumbbell curls for biceps and decide one day to do barbell curls the muscle is still contracting, it did that during dumbbell curls so why would it be confused?

If you usually do 100lbs curls and one day decide to do 50lbs curls why would the muscle be confused? "omg Im sooo confused I better grow from this lighter resistance". LOL

Yes some exercises isolate different parts of the muscle better but trust me they never confuse a muscle. Muscle confusion was made up by a bunch of lazy bodybuilder so their workout wouldnt have to be as intense.

And I agree with you the more often you train a bodypart the faster it will grow that is if you always recover.

With all your respects Im new in bodyboulding not lifting weights. Muscle confusion is a way to train, and it is possible because you are confusing your muscle not your brain. meaning wen your body is starting to get use to a routine you change it. Wow your body is gonna be suprised HOraaaiI since you've never done does exercises. So really I'm not trying to be a smart ass but you should read a little. and you should try it and you'll know it works. Why would a lazy bodybuilder do it if it actually works the intensity goes of the roof. So try it sometime and then you can give an honest opinion because every person has to work out differently to get results. not everybody is the same.

Agreed...not everyone is the same....I train each muscle once every five/six days. The only downside of this is that I don't have a standard weekly routine so I'm always doing a different bodypart on a different day of the week...but it all makes sense in my journal. That way, I get enough rest for recovery and can hit it again rather than waiting a full week.

at this moment im on 2x wk...

mon chest,sho and tri's. mod to heavy
    tues legs
    thurs chest,sho and tri's. shirt up.
    sat deads, legs. heavy daeds light legs.

Once a week is fine. Anything more your not training hard enough probably.

2x when bulking 1x when dieting. Oh yeah

Once a week for everything.. Apart from damn calves which get 3 sessions

One bodypart a day 3 on, 1 off.

most parts once a week but chest and arms i do 2x a week

Workout Update

It has been 5 weeks since competition and I am up 3lbs with my current diet and training. I believe this training is the best at least for me it allows enough time for rest and allows you to work each muscle twice a week.

Workout time 1-1:15min

Day 1 Chest/bi

Day 2 Legs

Day 3 30min Cardio/Hypers and calves

Day 4 Shoulders/Tri

Day 5 Back/Traps

Day 6) HIIT cardio and abs

After day 6 start back up again with day 1 chest and bis...

This has been working for me so far my lifts are progressing and people around the gym are telling me I am starting to get bigger...

Once a week except legs and back it's twice a week.

Sun.-Off
    Mon.-Chest, Tri.
    Tues.-Back, Bi.
    Wed.-Abs., Lower Back
    Thur.-Legs
    Fri.- Off
    Sat.- Shoulders, Traps.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast