Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: how often do you train each bodypart?

Voters
680. You may not vote on this poll
  • once per week

448 65.88%
  • twice per week

232 34.12%
Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: How often to train each bodypart?!?!?

Default How often to train each bodypart?!?!?

trying to see what other people do. I am on a diet....dont know if it matters just throwing it out there.

Lieutenant

i usually train each body part every 5-6 days. i feel i need them to rest fully before i train again or else i don't get a good workout. i do about 20-25 sets per muscle group.

S12

i use to do everything twice a week
    but now i just something like this
    chest
    back
    arms
    legs
    shoulders
    off
    off

GeorgeForemanRules

2x a week for 3 weeks then a de-load week ( 1x a week no failure sets ) , typically 10-12 sets for large muscles, 5-6 for small ones. If I were on steroids and GH I would increase the volume by 10-20%

Twice a week, but I listen to my body. I never train a bodypart that is still sore from a previous workout.

it really depends on how well you recover and if your juicing or not,Me personally i hit arms 2 times a week 1 heavy and i superset workout,calves 3 times a week with abs,all other bodyparts 1 time a week.but its up to you and how you feel.
    Ride the stache!

What works for me, based on my recovery requirements, is that I usually hit each body part *2 within a 7 day span.

Normally, I take one day off, between workouts.

I do that for 6 weeks, then I have a de-load week, usually consisting of a whole body workout, three workout days that week, 2 very light weight sets and 15-25 reps, for each body part.

everything once a week except shoudlers for me. I hit them on monday and friday along w/ chest monday and arms friday. Kinda split them up. they are my weak point so i like to hit them twice anyway
    Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.
    F.I.T. Corps

i do everything once a week with about 9-11 sets normally, however i have friends that have trained 2 times a week with 10 sets each time or they do once a week with 15 or so sets. u just have to decide what works best.

Depends on the program's overall design... too many variables to consider. The best answer for someone trying to gain muscle is as many times as possible to keep getting a training affect.

Retrain too soon and you won't allow enough recovery for growth - and you may overreach and subsequently overtrain. Retrain too late and you'll miss the peak compensation from the training stimulus and hit a return back to previous fitness levels.

Factors to consider: training volume, intensity, dietary changes, rest, muscle group architecture (size and fiber composition), genetic abilities...

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Depends on the program's overall design... too many variables to consider. The best answer for someone trying to gain muscle is as many times as possible to keep getting a training affect.

Retrain too soon and you won't allow enough recovery for growth - and you may overreach and subsequently overtrain. Retrain too late and you'll miss the peak compensation from the training stimulus and hit a return back to previous fitness levels.

Factors to consider: training volume, intensity, dietary changes, rest, muscle group architecture (size and fiber composition), genetic abilities...

Age, experience, level of condition, body type, metabolism, ability to recover (natty or chemically enhanced).... among others.

NYC BIG MIKE

Once per week for each bodypart and on average 20-25 sets, but for a weak area I will add in one extra workout done light for a few sets just to get extra blood/nutrients into the muscle and I'll use different exercises than on my regular workout.

Quote Originally Posted by NYC BIG MIKE View Post
    Age, experience, level of condition, body type, metabolism, ability to recover (natty or chemically enhanced).... among others.

NYC BIG MIKE
    Yeah, those are also big players too. Level of conditioning is often not even thought of... how many young gym rats do you see trying to mimic the training structure of someone who has been training for years? All the time. "Biceps on Mondays" from a guy 150 pounds, soaking wet. It's important to train at your level. Many beginners would be better off using full body routines or basic upper-lower body splits.

So... putting the list together...

Factors to consider: training volume, intensity, dietary changes, rest, muscle group architecture (size and fiber composition), genetic abilities, age, sex, experience, level of condition, body type, metabolism, use of ergogenics (pharmaceutical, nutritional, mechanical, motivational)...

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Yeah, those are also big players too. Level of conditioning is often not even thought of... how many young gym rats do you see trying to mimic the training structure of someone who has been training for years? All the time. "Biceps on Mondays" from a guy 150 pounds, soaking wet. It's important to train at your level. Many beginners would be better off using full body routines or basic upper-lower body splits.

So... putting the list together...

Factors to consider: training volume, intensity, dietary changes, rest, muscle group architecture (size and fiber composition), genetic abilities, age, sex, experience, level of condition, body type, metabolism, use of ergogenics (pharmaceutical, nutritional, mechanical, motivational)...

Im off topic but I just wanted to say nice website Warrior, I just checked it out for the first time.

I only weight train on weekends so every body part is hit directly every two weeks. Because of this, exercise selection is important for me.

For example I directly train Chest on one weekend and Tris on another. Since of course your tris are also stimulated on any pressing movement, they are still getting worked even though I won't directly train them for another week. On Tri day (the following weekend), I do close grip bench press and dips which also hit chest. In that way I avoid any overlap yet still indirectly stimulate muscles I haven't worked since the prior week.

It's not ideal but it fits my schedule. Furthermore, I haven't lost any strength in 3 or 4 years doing this and many of my lifts continue to improve.

everything once a week

chest/abs
    back/traps
    shoulders/calves
    off
    arms
    legs
    off

Quote Originally Posted by HotSauz View Post
    Im off topic but I just wanted to say nice website Warrior, I just checked it out for the first time.
    Thanks!

Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast