Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oregon State 2008?

Default Oregon State 2008?

Who's doing the Oregon State Bodybuilding show? I think Noel Fuller is training a few for this show? Am I correct? This show will be my first time doing Figure. Last year seemed like a small turnout compared to previous years. Just from hearing a few things seems like it's going to be BIG this year. I'm a litle nervous!

Default Oregon State 2008

Should be a good show this year with great turnout. Last year was down so this year everyone will do it. Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteak View Post
    Should be a good show this year with great turnout. Last year was down so this year everyone will do it. Best of luck!
    Are you doing it?

Default oregon state

Iam undecided as of now. Started my diet just in case. Are you working with Noel? If you are looking for a trainer I am in the Beaverton area and work with natl level figure girls. You going to the Vancouver this Sat?

Quote Originally Posted by bigsteak View Post
    Iam undecided as of now. Started my diet just in case. Are you working with Noel? If you are looking for a trainer I am in the Beaverton area and work with natl level figure girls. You going to the Vancouver this Sat?
    No, I am not working with Noel I saw a post of his about prepping some people for the Oregon. I am also not looking for a trainer but thank you. I train myself for the most part with insight from my boyfriend and reading as much info as possible on the boards and my boyfriend is doing my nutrition. I will be at the Vancouver Saturday, I'm assuming you are too so I guess I will see you there! What Natl level figure girls do/have you trained? Did you help them with posing or do you have someone else work with them?

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Daddy View Post
    Hey guys, I was considering jumping in this show. I am starting my diet now as well. This will be my first show. What kind of show is this for first timers?
    It's a good start. Last year it was smaller than usual, should be big this year. Novice was tough the year before but last year was a little weak. You could try novice out and see how you do, if you place well go to the WA a week later and try the open class.

Default oregon state 2008

I am training Heather Skaar and doing her food as well. She is doing the Junior USA's, JR. Natl and the Europa this year. Last Year she did USA'S and placed in the top 15 out of 30 some girls. I think I might throw her into the Emerald as well. Maybe I will see you on Sat. If not best of luck competing this year!

Default Oregon state 2008

Should be a great turnout this year at the Oregon. I did it in 2006 and took second in the super heavies and 3rd in the novice heavies. also did 7 feathers last year and won the super's, that is a fun show to do. It is ran very well. The Oregon always seems to be unorganized but hopefully Bam Bam has it worked out this year.

Around that, maybe less. I really had fun at that show. It is a great atmosphere and the number of competitors is growing every year. I think they had over 100 athletes last year. If you decide to do it you wouldn't have to start diet until June. gives you a couple more months of growing.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Daddy View Post
    Ya I thought the same thing...having more time to grow. That would be nice however, I thought I would try the OR since it is here Portland and that way I know what I have to work on for the Seven Feathers show. Plus with 2-3 shows in this year I would be able to have a decent off-season to bring up lagging areas. I thought about just wanting to come in bigger but I think the experience & knowledge I will gain from doing a couple of shows this year will help me tremendously for the '09 season.
    I agree, you can get someone to video or buy the video and watch yourself and see where you are off on your posing, also you can see where others stack up and you don't.