Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Lot's more bruising new pec tear pics

Damn son... I'm not sure if I will ever look at red meat the same again. Hope you have a speedy recovery man.

So that shit in the first photo they actually stuff into your muscle?

More so in a pocket between the actual muscle tissue.
    The muscle was still in good shape, but the puss was moving across the surface of my bicep and my left pec.
    So they would stuff the gauze down through the shoulder into the outer part of my chest. He said that is why my pec felt so hard.
    Then he tried to prove it to me, so after he took the gauze out one day, he pushed on my pec to prove that it would feel softer. And this mixture of puss and blood poured down my body. He continued to squeeze it like a giant pimple until it stopped pouring puss and blood. He then decided to do a second operation and put that wound Vac on. Which he said the foam piece he first put in was as big as three fingers, length and width.
    Last edited by Zachizzle; May 13th, 2008 at 04:30 AM.

What's the purpose of the shit?

You can't close up an infected wound. You have to let it drain out. So the gauze is stuffed in there to soak up all the fluids that leak out.

Amazing

Default Wound vac

Zac,

Bummer about the wound dehiscence! The wound vac is relatively new, but we've been using them for some time. I've seen enormous wounds reduced to small, manageable ones. The vacuum drains the wound and reduces the space, allowing for more efficient healing of the wound. The sponge is an excellent surface for new cell growth. Your surgeon is on the ball!

You'll do fine!

Hang in there Zach,
    Keep us informed.
    Hows your sex life?
    j/k

We are with you!

we use those wound vacs and the black foam a lot here in the hospital. you should see some of the wounds that use them. they work great though. best of luck zach.

Raised my arm up to 140 degrees today. Started back at PT today and the infection didn't damage the muscle so I can continue the PT as if I were 5 weeks post op. Like I said before the tear was all muscle, no tendon and that is why there was so much bleeding. Doc stitched the muscle together with permanent stitches and that could have been the reason for the infection. Basically my immune system was just weak due to all the trauma, but the muscle is repaired and I will soon be able to work on stretching the muscle out to begin strengthening it again.

Spotter

Damn kid , good luck bro

unreal man, godspeed on the recovery!
    Victory needs no explanation, defeat allows none.

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zachizzle View Post
    Raised my arm up to 140 degrees today. Started back at PT today and the infection didn't damage the muscle so I can continue the PT as if I were 5 weeks post op. Like I said before the tear was all muscle, no tendon and that is why there was so much bleeding. Doc stitched the muscle together with permanent stitches and that could have been the reason for the infection. Basically my immune system was just weak due to all the trauma, but the muscle is repaired and I will soon be able to work on stretching the muscle out to begin strengthening it again.
    damn man, your doc must just be way more aggressive than mine. I didn't start getting to do PT until like 6 weeks post and my tear was similar in location (muscle side of the muscle:tendon junction)

I just got my own Electrical stim unit to give it some stimulation this week.

glad to hear the infection got cleared up and you're doing well.
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by west View Post
    What's the purpose of the shit?
    The wound has to heal from it's deepest point outwards . If a chasm is left underneath the skin you have problems . Big problems .
    Ding a dang dong my dang a long ling long

Quote Originally Posted by Gilmour View Post
    The wound has to heal from it's deepest point outwards . If a chasm is left underneath the skin you have problems . Big problems .
    For sure, but if you stuff it full of absorbent material, it's going to delay healing, surely? Ie, the gauze is helping maintain the "chasm".

Quote Originally Posted by west View Post
    For sure, but if you stuff it full of absorbent material, it's going to delay healing, surely? Ie, the gauze is helping maintain the "chasm".
    Not the way I understand it . By the gauze being there it stops the wound from narrowing more quickly than the outward healing , if that makes sense . If it were to come together at some point you've trapped an unhealed wound . My wound was not as deep as Zach's but was about 4 inches down inside the buttock . It took about a month of having nurses pack and unpack the gauze daily as well as irrogate and clean the damn thing . I lost enough muscle that it would be very noticeable if I ever compete .
    Ding a dang dong my dang a long ling long

This is making me glad I'm intact and uninfected.

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast