Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Lot's more bruising new pec tear pics

Quote Originally Posted by ironman70 View Post
    we use those wound vacs and the black foam a lot here in the hospital. you should see some of the wounds that use them. they work great though. best of luck zach.
    Many of the nurses that took care of me have used these wound vacs on injured soldiers in Iraq and they have told me how incredible these things are. It was really painful, but I feel lucky that one was available for my use. It certainly sped up my healing process.

I think your recovery and pics should be in MD...period!! Good Luck brotha!!

Quote Originally Posted by vincentpeoples View Post
    I think your recovery and pics should be in MD...period!! Good Luck brotha!!
    Thanks. Dr. Prisk will be showing the first pics of the bruising in the July issue of his section. It would be nice to maybe get in one of those MHP contests. When I can get back into it, of course. My long term goal is to once again win a bodybuilding contest. I'm not big on competing and wasn't sure if I ever would before getting hurt. But I think it would be something I would feel very proud about, coming back from this.

Here is a pic we just took while doing a dressing change.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Looks to be healing nicely.

Have full range of motion now. Muscle is still tight. Been doing stretching exercises for the past week. Gonna get back in the weight room on Monday. Been on antibiotics until this past week. Doc said they severily weaken tendons, so I shouldn't lift. Takes about 7-10 days to get out of the system, so I'm gonna start back just feeling out my muscles this week. Two weeks from now I will up the intensity. Long road of waiting is coming to an end.
    After the infection, I'm actually a bit scared to start lifting.

For those interested, I wanted to update you. This week I started back to training clients and doing a little weight lifting. Yesterday I even did a little chest. I still have a small open wound, but it is only skin deep. Doc expects it to be closed within a week. Bout to take some pics and post them up, so we can keep track of where the road to recovery began.

Please remember that I'm not proud of these pics. This is just how it is after being layed up for 8 weeks and having 3 opperations. If you haven't checked out the pics on the first page of this thread, I recommend you do. They are in my opinion truly amazing. Yesterday was day 1. I will probably take pics monthly to keep everyone updated. My wife and I will be moving back to the states Oct 2nd after 3 1/2 yrs. So this is going to be an exciting time in my life. I'm glad I've got a chance to share this journey and answer any questions anyone has.

Thanks
    Zach
    Attached Images Attached Images

Barbarian

Wink Champ.

Wow that would be very devastating if I tore my pec, I hope the best for you bro, I don't know ya but reading your posts your a great person, I have alot of respect for ya, This will only make you stronger, I will definately pray for you. All The Best.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachizzle View Post
    Please remember that I'm not proud of these pics. This is just how it is after being layed up for 8 weeks and having 3 opperations. If you haven't checked out the pics on the first page of this thread, I recommend you do. They are in my opinion truly amazing. Yesterday was day 1. I will probably take pics monthly to keep everyone updated. My wife and I will be moving back to the states Oct 2nd after 3 1/2 yrs. So this is going to be an exciting time in my life. I'm glad I've got a chance to share this journey and answer any questions anyone has.

Thanks
    Zach
    You look great, especially considering what you've been through. Hang tough!
    "He that can have patience can have what he will." -Benjamin Franklin-

You look very good for not having trained at all for two months. I suspect I'd be obese after that amount of inactivity...

Quote Originally Posted by west View Post
    You look very good for not having trained at all for two months. I suspect I'd be obese after that amount of inactivity...
    I've learned from past lay-offs that I could get fat quickly. So I tried not to go too crazy with the food this time. I use to pig out, but that has changed this past year.

Hey man, How you doing with that pec tear? Its been a while, did you heal up? Are you back to your old self again?

Nobody

This is an older post, but can anyone provide a referral for a trusted orthopedic surgeon in Illinois (Chicago area if possible)? I have a 3 week old pectoral tendon rupture and muscle tear that needs to be repaired soon. Thanks!

Nobody

Quote Originally Posted by Cali75 View Post
    Hey man, How you doing with that pec tear? Its been a while, did you heal up? Are you back to your old self again?
    I suspect things must have taken a turn for the worse; maybe he tried to go heavy again and reinjured?

I dunno. It's weird how the thread died just when it seemed things were looking up.

I hope he's doing well.

INSANE

Wow I remember this thread when it was originally posted. Crazy shit

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast