Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Lot's more bruising new pec tear pics

Mass Monster Danny Manslaughter's Avatar

That looks horrible. Hope u get better soon. I got in a car wreck monday so were in the same boat. I feel ur frustration! It sucks you kind of take for granted working out sometimes, and then when u can't it feels horrible. Hope you get better soon brother

this long weekend is getting old i'm ready to do something about this

Hope its not as painful as it looks

Sorry to hear that bro, just take it as a lesson learned and keep it going. Try to stay close with friends and family members to get your mind off of the whole incident. The last thing you want is going into a depression with a set back of this kind. Just my 2 cents of advice.

Best of luck with a speedy recovery
    I find peace within myself and the weights

Looks like you're changing ethnicities.

holy bloated.

May I ask a "hater" question?

Are you in the middle of a big Testo or dianabol cycle and your strenght suddenly increased so you pushed it and suffered?

wow bro , i was like holy shit !

hope you heal quick. i didnt read the whole post , how the hell did you do that, benching???

get well soon bud

peace

derek anthony
    I love a hard penis in my mouth

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    holy bloated.

Are you in the middle of a big Testo or dianabol cycle and your strenght suddenly increased so you pushed it and suffered?
    i've dieted down for a few months now and believe i strained it some time ago. i'm not bloated, it's swelling that has cover most of my upper body. it happened cause i switched to going heavy a few weeks ago when i found out about a powerlifting meet and decided to do it. i had been dieted down for so long that my body wasn't ready to start pressing heavy poundages yet.
    Plus in Powerlifting you must lower the bar all the way to your chest whitch I find difficult and dangerous in the first place. That is when the tear took place. When I began pushing it off my chest.

holy fuck my shit batman

how long are out?

this has to be the worst torn ive ever seen mucho respect for u goin through this bro

hang in there
    Starting a new chapter...

how do you feel now?

Brother....I know the pain. I tore my triceps off my left elbow benching while injured. 2 months before the tear, I was benching 405 and the spotter gave me an uneven lift-off. I didn't correct it and lowered the bar with the left side a little lower than the right. When I launched off my chest, I felt a burning sensation in my left elbow. It didn't seem like much, so I did another rep. The next day, my elbow really burned, so I babied it over the next 2 months by cutting back on poundages and sets. Then I felt like I was getting it healed and went back to heavy benching. I tore it completely off on the third rep of 350....with no warning...just "pop! tear!" and the bar collapsed onto my left side. That was September '06 and I ended up competing May '07 and June '07 anyway (had arm in rehab until January 8th).

You'll bounce back as long as you get it reattached within 10 days of the tear. Otherwise, the tendon will shorten and you'll never get that side of your chest to look balanced with the other side.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Damn, all these pics make me thankful that I've never torn anything!!!
    Occasionally I'll feel a tightness in my pec as I bench, and after seeing these pics I'm not sure if I'll ever step foot into a gym again!!!

5% off your next TrueProtein order: SNS110

This reminds me of those incredibly gory "Red Asphalt" movies they show you in drivers ed to discourage you from drinking and driving, except this gore fest is discouraging everyone from benching...LOL

get better bro
    WWW.MYSPACE.COM/MIKEBARDO

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    holy bloated.

wow

you are a fucking douche bag

Quote Originally Posted by paradox View Post
    Can someone please explain the mechanism of how the discoloration can go from one spot of initial damage over to the other side with out it being injured at all?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!! that looks so painful

hope you have a speedy recovery.
    when a vein or artery is ruptured blood flows into the interstitial spaces and causes discoloration.... abviously this is bruising was caused by way more then just an arteriole or venule rupture.

Quote Originally Posted by zich View Post
    when a vein or artery is ruptured blood flows into the interstitial spaces and causes discoloration.... abviously this is bruising was caused by way more then just an arteriole or venule rupture.
    I was thinking something similar. I was thought that it was a minor tear to the subscapular artery...but I now realize that I got my arteries mixed.(I got anterior mixed up with posterior arteries again...) I was thinking of the lateral thoracic artery. I feel embarrassed that I even made that mistake...

Someone else mentioned that this is what happens when the muscle belly is torn. (I assume they were alluding to blood vessels being part of the muscle belly.)

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast