Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Lot's more bruising new pec tear pics

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar

oh sorry to hear that zach. the good news is mine is almost the exact same injury, thank god I didn't get the same arterial leak you got lol. In any case, my surgery went great and i've got almost my shape completely back. Just make sure you do NOT raise your arm from your side and wear your brace/sling they give you as much as possible and when you can't wear it (shower/changing) make sure you hold your hand with your good arm so that you can't move the injured side's arm out from your body. If you want any advice or anything on stuff i've picked up over the few weeks after surgery let me know
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
    Were there any indications of an impending problem prior to this that might help others avoid this injury?
    no, at least with me, this was something that happened in less than a second. My chest felt fine, no soreness or anything, I did 7 sets previous to my set i tore it on, so I was warmed up fine. It was weight I had done before. It just snapped in an instant.
    BioLayne LLC
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Quote Originally Posted by str8flexed View Post
    no, at least with me, this was something that happened in less than a second. My chest felt fine, no soreness or anything, I did 7 sets previous to my set i tore it on, so I was warmed up fine. It was weight I had done before. It just snapped in an instant.
    Was it also from flat bench? What was the amount of weight being used?

Damn, Zach.
    Thanks for the pictures, photos like that REALLY make one think about proper form and over-training, etc.

Remember, If a female asks how it happened: Burning building, Kitten meowing in the 3rd story window,. the firemen were too scared to go in.. so you climbed on top of the firetruck, ran on top of it, and jumped through the 2nd story window.. the rest is history!

About the picture and the tear, I know that's kinda bad.. I've had it happen a few times too
    But What About your Face?!?! did the barbell fall and hit your head and face,, That's Looks painful!

Good luck, oxcycoton and whiskey +1

The bruising on my neck is all from the fact that had been sleeping on my right side. And the blood went over to that side of my chest and up my neck. The bar never collapsed onto me. All the bruising is from internal bleeding due to the tear.

And Layne I have much respect for you and would be happy to hear any knowledge you have to give me on the subject.

how did you take those pics without being fucked up by the pain???
    THE FAMILY THAT I LIVE FOR ONLY BREATHES THE AIR THAT SMELLS OF COMBAT

as everyone else has said-good luck man, hope everything works out for you

Quote Originally Posted by zilla View Post
    how did you take those pics without being fucked up by the pain???
    those pics were taken about 4 days after the accident. so i'm pretty doped up at the time of the pics.

I still say your face is the most painful thing to look at...
    ...even before the Injury.

Actually, what all you Peeps haven't paid attention to, and what I forgot is; the main reason he doesn't feel pain like a normal human, and why he will heal with full strength, regardless of what a so called "Doctor" says is..

He's From Texas! no wonder it's no big deal ffs, an Oregonian or some person like that would be in a coma right now..

pfttt, this is nothing.
    See you in the gym in a few months, Zach. be cool.

I thought of your injury today when i was working chest.. kinda scared me a bit, so i dropped the weight like 50 pounds and used mind to muscle connection lol

Quote Originally Posted by diggy View Post
    Was it also from flat bench? What was the amount of weight being used?
    yes it was i'm afraid. 545 lbs on reverse band bench press
    BioLayne LLC
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Spoke with the surgeon yesterday and today and we will be doing pre-op on Friday and the surgery Monday morning.
    Layne how long did your surgery take?
    Did you start doing any cardio within the first month of surgery?
    I'm afraid of getting too fat.

Default Good Luck Zach

Quote Originally Posted by Zachizzle View Post
    Spoke with the surgeon yesterday and today and we will be doing pre-op on Friday and the surgery Monday morning.
    Hey Zach......good luck under the knife. Here is to a speedy recover and being back at it....
    You know.......if you started saving your money today.......in a year or so....you could afford that sense of humor you so desparately need.

Zach, mine was about 1.5 hours long. I think yours will be longer because they will have to drain your hematoma. The first few days after surgery are pretty brutal. You are going to be stiff and in a good amount of pain. Keep ice on it a lot as that made it feel much better to me. I would suggest doing some stretching the next few days because your arm will be in a sling for 4-6 weeks and you are going to get really really stiff. Also, buy a sponge so your significant other can bath you as you won't be able to take of the sling at all for a few weeks.

I was cleared to do any activity that did not jar my upper body. I was back in doing leg extensions and calf raises 4 days post op. Now i'm able to do single legged presses. However, be very careful, even inadvertently contracting your pec could rip the sutures. For the first 3-4 days do absolutely nothing, don't get out of your chair if you don't have to. Move your wrists and also do some isometrics with your arm BUT DON'T FLEX YOUR CHEST. Try to avoid sneezing at all costs... a good hard sneeze could possibly rip the sutures. When you go to bed at night tighten up your sling so that you can't move your arm too much. I know quite a few guys who took slings off at night to sleep and woke up and boom they had torn the sutures.

let me know if you have any other questions
    BioLayne LLC
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Amateur Threat

muscle tears open spilling blood under the skin. it exits by rising to the surfice. so it gpes where it can.
    same thing when i messed up my ankle 12 yrs ago. it bruised to the knee
    Best of luck, Zach................ I wish you a speedy recovery!!

good luck bro
    Last edited by bmahoney; April 9th, 2008 at 09:10 PM. Reason: i dont know how to spell

my camera is currently broke. but when i can i'll post pics of this pimped out sling the germans have. it's got like this sofa cushion thing your arm rests in and is velcroed in place. then a couple more velcro straps holding the cushion tight to the body. so i sleep with it and it keeps my arm good and safe. the first night before i got thi sling, i had a dream i toss a 45 lb plate in the air. when i went to catch it so it didn't fall on my head i tried to lift my arms in real life. needless to say that hurt like hell and woke me up pretty quickly.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast