Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Lot's more bruising new pec tear pics

Quote Originally Posted by Zachizzle View Post
    tendon was completely fine, but like I said before the doc had to remove a softball sized hematoma. Also the incision was bigger than expected due to him having to put his whole hand in my chest to massage the torn muscle fibers that had already begun to grab hold and grow to my skin and rib cage. There are no pins or bolts inside, but permanent stitches that will stay there holding the muscle fibers together.
    My doc actually did the first documented pec tear surgery in the Army. The guy was good. Hands down. I don't know much about this stuff, but I think he did a great job. And I'm very thankful.
    OH MAN! i was just visualizing this................

did the doc videotape this proceedure???

is it still pretty painful??

physical therapy (rehab) is a really good thing!
    I'm workin on getting better K!!!

The Physique Architect str8flexed's Avatar

Physical therapy today consisted of me riding the bike for 30 minutes. Squeezing a stress ball with my left hand for 5 minutes and 5 minutes of just basically doing a seated curl with no weight to loosen the elbow. Then they massaged the scapular area for a while and iced it.
    Before that I did go to the gym and do a couple light sets of DB curls with my good side. DB overhead ext with my good side. Hammer curls and one are rope press down. Also a lateral raise, rear lateral and Hammer Strength shoulder press with my good side.

Layne are you laying of upper body completly at this point? I'm not pushing the muscles on my right side to grow, but I don't want them to go to waste as well. I figure my left side will catch up when I'm 100% fairly well if I don't try to become a hermet crab.
    no i'm definitely doing unilateral training... it actually helps maintain strength on the injured side as well.. .some sort of neurological adaptation
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

I took it real easy yesterday doing a little bi,tri,and shoulder work for my good side. I can't believe how soar I am. It's been only three weeks since I workout out those muscles, but man it's as as if I took months off. This comes as a surprise as you can see those muscles in my recent pics still look as if they are in pretty good shape. Man I'm one hurting dog today though. I'm afraid of how bad the left side will hurt when I'm finally able to work that side.

Kinda nice to be sore again? in a masochistic way, yes??
    or is that just me?!

Good info, keep up the posting, I'm interested in how it goes, BTW good to see that your alive. congrats.

I took it real easy yesterday doing a little bi,tri,and shoulder work for my good side. I can't believe how soar I am. It's been only three weeks since I workout out those muscles, but man it's as as if I took months off. This comes as a surprise as you can see those muscles in my recent pics still look as if they are in pretty good shape. Man I'm one hurting dog today though. I'm afraid of how bad the left side will hurt when I'm finally able to work that side.
    your whole body has probably been one tense MF for the whole 3 weeks!!!! anethesia also wrecks muscle tissue..................

so no surprise your that sore, just remember muscle has memory & your doing ALL the right stuff.
    I'm workin on getting better K!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bndniron4evrgal View Post
    your whole body has probably been one tense MF for the whole 3 weeks!!!! anethesia also wrecks muscle tissue..................

so no surprise your that sore, just remember muscle has memory & your doing ALL the right stuff.
    I did not know this how is that? Yesterday my wife barely got me home my legs hurt so bad after the workout. I kept my composure in the gym. But I was embarrassed of myself around her. I couldn't move them without feeling like people were stabbing them with knives all over. I drank my post workout drink when I got home, but I could barely get out of the car. I rode with the seat back and my feet out the window. When I tried to bend them to get out at all the would seize up. After the postworkout drink I was out cold on the couch until she had made me something to eat. All I did were three exercises.

Trying to get pretty creative in the gym with my leg routines. What's people's best recommendation to get sick striated sweeps?

A day has gone by and I see thread after thread of bullshit, but no one got some tips on improving my quad sweap while I'm injured? Hello? Is anybody out there?

Well besides developing some cellulitus in the bicep where you can see that it is red a few days ago. I just got the tape taken off yesterday and very happy with how the scar looks. I'm on antibiotics cause Tuesday the arm turned red and got hot. That night I had a fever and had it checked out the next day. Fever is gone and spirits are pretty high about recovery. Decided to request to go to a German clinic instead of the Army PT clinic, cause they didn't seem to give a shit about me since I'm not a fellow soldier. So I start with those guys tomorrow. Been doing unilateral upper body. Even had a guy balance me while I did some dumbbell bench for the good side. Working the legs on the smith machine. Staying in close contact with the surgeon though to make sure I'm not overdoing it or doing something that will make me not recover correctly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wow! That is a major improvement from the earlier pics. You look a little smaller now on that side, but i'm sure muscle memory will kick in and you'll even out again eventually.

Yeah I'm still not suppose to lift that arm, adduct, or abduct it. So the shoulder has really wasted, but you can only ask for so much.

Yeah, those new photos are amazing. Really good recovery. you've kept good shape too

looks a lot better, glad to see you are progessing.

Mass Monster Danny Manslaughter's Avatar

Awesome, looks alot better. And your physique still looks pretty damn impressive. You'll probably come back from this stronger and bigger than before.

And since I was giving updates as to what the upperbody is looking like, here are the legs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

hehehe...I see heiney....hehehe...nice!

Seriously, you're looking great, Zach. I'm so glad to see you healing and improving. Great job!

hehe I know I kinda pulled the shorts up a bit too much in the first pic.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast