Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Read this before you post here :.

Barbarian

warrior you own

this is a good thread.. i like reading knowledge haha

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    Hey dude, that's basically why a lot of people go this route. After spending thousands on supplements that promiss a testosterone-like effect, it becomes quite inviting to go straight to the hormone itself. Honestly, my biggest gyno scare was using prohormones - I was developing a hard, sensitive lump - AAS hasn't caused such a pronounced affect... or at least nothing that wasn't readily controllable by using appropriate pharmaceutical ancillaries.

The biggest difference is OTC stuff is not approved to treat anything, where as Rx stuff is heavily regulated and FDA approved for specefic conditions. OTC stuff might, or might not, do what the label claims. Pharmaceutical "supplements" do what the label says they do - and have well documented interactions, known side effects and general pharmacological properties. Rx stuff is safer because the compounds are well understood and supported... it's the end user that can be reckless and unsafe - without knowing how to apply the drug, or how to gain an ergogenic effect while remaining safe.
    Warrior, awesome information, thank-you, what do you mean by Rx though?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferentinosopenside7 View Post
    Warrior, awesome information, thank-you, what do you mean by Rx though?
    Pharmacy drugs - stuff from credible companies, often requiring a prescription to obtain legally in the States...

Pharmacy drugs - stuff from credible companies, often requiring a prescription to obtain legally in the States...
    Rx must be an americanism/american english colloquiallism as I've never heard it used over here in england, you could have been a real smart arse about that reply, so thanks! Makes some things make sense. Actually I have seen it on some contact lenses saying Rx only on the foil....makes sense of a few bits of info on here. Thank-you mate.

Lieutenant

Well, I read it, thanks!

I read it.

Default thank you...

Thank you for explaining this. I am a beginner and I really don't know what I am doing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kale View Post
    I posted this on another board and thought it would be useful to have here as well.

OK, so over the years I have been here I have seen many, many people ask questions and then get flamed for not doing any research. Now my view on this is, that as a newbie, doing research isn’t that easy. First of all you have to know how to use the search facility and second of all you have to know how to ask that search facility the right questions. So I thought it was time somebody layed out step by step what needs to be done to do enable somebody to do some research.

So lets use an example. I want to find out everything there is to know about HCG, so what do I do ?

Next step is to start searching the forums for information. Now this is easy, if you look at the top of each page in the forums about three quarters of the way across the page from the left is the word “Search”. So click “Search” and a drop down menu will appear with a heading that says “Search Forums” then a blank field and under that Advance Search. If you type in “HCG” into the blank field and then press the “Go” button every post in ever forum will be searched for the letters “HCG” and a list of every thread containing the word “HCG” will be displayed.

Now this is a good start but you have a lot of reading to do. There is a way of refining the search a little. Most threads which are particularly helpful will have the key word you are looking for in the Title of the thread and not just in the contents. So let’s do a search of the titles.

Click on the Search button again, now when the drop down menu appears click on “Advanced Search” and leave the field empty. This will take you to a page with a few options you need to choose from. If you look at this page for a while it is pretty self explanatory and it is a very strong search tool as well. So we want to find the word “HCG” in the TITLE of every post in every forum. We can narrow it down to individual forums but lets leave that for now.

Go to the left hand side of the screen to the area entitled “Search By Key Word” below that is a blank field. We want to type in “HCG” here, you can put other words in as well if you want to narrow the search even more but lets just stick with “HCG” for now. Now under the field that you just filled in there is a small box that says “Search Entire Post” with a down arrow next to it.

If you do nothing more now and press the “Search Now” button at the bottom of the page, the same search will be done that we did initially on the previous page. Now what you can do is click on the down arrow and you are then given another choice which says “Search Titles Only”. If you select this option then press “Search Now” only the titles of every thread in every forum will be searched and matches displayed.

Play around with this search page as there are many options and alternatives you can use to gather the information you are looking for.

Happy Searching !!!!

Maybe you should add Rx to the list of acronyms. Nice thread, cheers.

Nobody

I would like to say Thank you. I just started weight training trying to get a little bigger im only 132 lbs and 5'9'' so im not much bigger than a minute. I have found the information contained in this discussion very helpful and I am sure I will be checking back in on this particular discussion.

I am new so can anyone help me open this forum? A friend sent to me and I can't find..

forums.musculardevelopment.com/showthread.php?t=make+your+own+gear+home+brew

In the "investigation" process of starting the use of AAS. Seems like one of the hardest, but most important research aspect is the reliability of ones gear source. Not sure if there's a good way to verify a source. I am looking at an online source called ro******.com (hope its ok to name names in here). How can I check to see if their scammers or low quality, etc.? Thanks for any info you can give me.
    Last edited by heavyiron; September 29th, 2009 at 10:03 PM. Reason: source posting

Quote Originally Posted by MauiIronMan View Post
    In the "investigation" process of starting the use of AAS. Seems like one of the hardest, but most important research aspect is the reliability of ones gear source. Not sure if there's a good way to verify a source. I am looking at an online source called ro*******.com (hope its ok to name names in here). How can I check to see if their scammers or low quality, etc.? Thanks for any info you can give me.
    Future reference.....NOT ok to name names........and that site has fake gear...NOT REAL
    Last edited by heavyiron; September 29th, 2009 at 10:03 PM.

Question.... There is a thread that DIRECTLY names a pharmaceutical asking if their gear is real. Is there a protocol for which names can and cant be used? Thanks for the help with my last question. Guess that puts me $100 out and back to zero!