Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Read this before you post here :.

Default Read this before you post here :.

MuscularDevelopment.com provide users a place to discuss the safe and productive use of performance enhancing drugs. The right to remain anonymous is retained with the ability to post using an indistinguishable user name. However, members must be careful how they format questions – if they expect quality advice. Questions can easily fail to provide enough information to obtain quality responses from experienced members. These questions are regarding drugs that cause many events within the body, some can have a serious impact on health.

A medical doctor doesn’t just fill out a prescription and send a patient on their way. They could lose their license to practice medicine without the required preliminary information, used to accurately prescribe therapy. Every patient sits down for a physical and medical history examination. When seeking advice online, your physical merely consists of some undemanding personal information so proper guidance can be returned. But beware, there is no assurance of the person’s credibility and under no circumstance is it meant to replace the guidance given by a licensed medical practitioner.

Research is paramount

Research available online resources to develop greater knowledge beforehand; to better formulate a question. Search Web site’s providing medical abstracts and research regarding AAS use in sports and exercise. If possible search through the communities previous conversational threads. A recent topic may already exist; answered with very verbose explanations. Questions regarding the same issues, over-and-over again, tire the community and generally don’t cultivate added quality responses. With a little prior research, a more specific question will attract better responses.

Thread title

The quality of a thread’s title will affect how many views it receives. Buzz words do not work nearly as much as new conversationalists believe. Avoid vague titles, resembling “Check this out!” or “Please read.” A title that summarizes the post is best suited. “Winstrol injection advice needed” is more likely to attract helpful and experienced people; in this case, those most familiar with injecting the drug Winstrol.

Writing a post

The content of a post sets the stage for quality responses. Avoid single sentences, for instance “Is testosterone effective as a muscle builder?” This question warrants a simple and profound “Yes!” Providing some personal information and history will promote better results – more well-rounded replies. People are more likely to help when the information allows them to be more conclusive.

Information to include

Age and sex – A person’s age and sex impacts whether they qualify for the treatment. These variables suggest differences in endocrine systems. This information is important. Two females can have a three-fold difference in natural testosterone levels and react strongly to androgenic actions of certain anabolic steroids. Testosterone levels between two males can vary 12-fold and they can support large exogenous increases in androgen levels with fewer risks, when compared to female athletes. Many times, hormone replacement therapy becomes a valid – and sometimes legal – option for men over 30 years old. On the other side, adolescents are in the midst of a lot of action within their endocrine systems, to properly mature them into adulthood. Teenagers should not use anabolic steroids since the risks far exceed the rewards.

Height, weight and body fat – There is a difference in what it would take to see significant gains in a lean 250-pound, six-foot man versus another who is six inches shorter and a soft 160 pounds. In addition, if the body’s muscular potential has been pushed past genetic limitations, the trainee would require a greater steroid burden to gain more muscle. Furthermore, the greater the lean body mass, the greater the androgen receptor availability; presenting a different risk-to-benefit ratio at higher doses.

Training experience – A trainee needs to have an extensive training history to be properly prepared for exogenous androgen use. There is no magic pill. Employing AAS too soon puts joints and connective tissues at risk; as well as the ability to retain acquired gains.

Cycle history – Outlining previous drug use lets everyone know what the user has already experienced. It explains what is already known and what can be built upon. It’s important to outline any recognized complications from previous use; such as predispositions for allergies or hair loss.

Goals – Explaining what the training and drug cycle is intended to accomplish for body composition can help people respond with better options for a more custom-tailored cycle. If the goal is to retain lean body mass while losing fat, then a weekly stack containing 400 milligrams of nandrolone stacked with 750 milligrams of testosterone would not be the most reasonable option for many athletes.

Posting a cycle – A purposed cycle should be posted to clearing identify the drug protocol. This is the bad example: I was thinking about taking 500mg of Test with 200mg of Wonder Drug for 8 weeks - does that look good? This is much better: My eight-week cycle: weeks 1-8; Testosterone Enanthate, 250mg every fourth day; weeks 1-5; Dbol, 30mg everyday.

Remember, sometimes the best advice is to not partake in drug use. People are routinely left unqualified after discovering their age or lack of significant training experience.
    Last edited by Warrior; July 16th, 2007 at 07:10 AM. Reason: Updated content :.

Default Read this before you post here :.

I posted this on another board and thought it would be useful to have here as well.

OK, so over the years I have been here I have seen many, many people ask questions and then get flamed for not doing any research. Now my view on this is, that as a newbie, doing research isn’t that easy. First of all you have to know how to use the search facility and second of all you have to know how to ask that search facility the right questions. So I thought it was time somebody layed out step by step what needs to be done to do enable somebody to do some research.

So lets use an example. I want to find out everything there is to know about HCG, so what do I do ?

Next step is to start searching the forums for information. Now this is easy, if you look at the top of each page in the forums about three quarters of the way across the page from the left is the word “Search”. So click “Search” and a drop down menu will appear with a heading that says “Search Forums” then a blank field and under that Advance Search. If you type in “HCG” into the blank field and then press the “Go” button every post in ever forum will be searched for the letters “HCG” and a list of every thread containing the word “HCG” will be displayed.

Now this is a good start but you have a lot of reading to do. There is a way of refining the search a little. Most threads which are particularly helpful will have the key word you are looking for in the Title of the thread and not just in the contents. So let’s do a search of the titles.

Click on the Search button again, now when the drop down menu appears click on “Advanced Search” and leave the field empty. This will take you to a page with a few options you need to choose from. If you look at this page for a while it is pretty self explanatory and it is a very strong search tool as well. So we want to find the word “HCG” in the TITLE of every post in every forum. We can narrow it down to individual forums but lets leave that for now.

Go to the left hand side of the screen to the area entitled “Search By Key Word” below that is a blank field. We want to type in “HCG” here, you can put other words in as well if you want to narrow the search even more but lets just stick with “HCG” for now. Now under the field that you just filled in there is a small box that says “Search Entire Post” with a down arrow next to it.

If you do nothing more now and press the “Search Now” button at the bottom of the page, the same search will be done that we did initially on the previous page. Now what you can do is click on the down arrow and you are then given another choice which says “Search Titles Only”. If you select this option then press “Search Now” only the titles of every thread in every forum will be searched and matches displayed.

Play around with this search page as there are many options and alternatives you can use to gather the information you are looking for.

Happy Searching !!!!

Default Common acronyms and terms used here :.

AR Androgen receptor; an intracellular steroid receptor of the nuclear receptor super family that specifically binds testosterone and dihydrotestosterone.

AAS Androgenic-anabolic steroids; anabolic steroids are a class of natural and synthetic steroid hormones that promote cell growth and division, resulting in growth of muscle tissue and sometimes bone size and strength. Testosterone is the best known natural anabolic steroid, as well as the best known natural androgen.

CNS Central Nervous System; the brain and the spinal cord and is the control network for the entire body.

Dart Syringe/needle; used to inject drugs

DHT Dihydrotestosterone; The active form of the male hormone, testosterone, produced after testosterone is transformed by an enzyme known as 5-alpha reductase.

DNP Dinitrophenol; Dinitrophenol (DNP) is an uncoupler, or has the ability to separate the flow of electrons and the pumping of H+ ions for ATP synthesis. This means that the energy from electron transfer cannot be used for ATP synthesis. It was used in diet pills in the 1930s but was banned for this use in 1938.

ECA Ephedrine/caffeine/aspirin

ED Every day

EOD Every other day

E3D Every third day

EW Every week

Gear Slang term for anabolic steroids.

GH Growth Hormone; a hormone secreted by the pituitary gland. GH stimulates growth and repair of the body as well as the activities of the immune system. With age, GH release diminishes (also known as hGH or human growth hormone).

Gyno Gynomastica or bitch tits

HPTA Hypothalamic Pituitary Testicular Axis; way of referring to the combined effects of the hypothalamus, pituitary gland, and gonads as if these individual endocrine glands were a single entity. Because these glands often behave in cooperation, physiologists and endocrinologists find it convenient and descriptive to speak of them as a single system.

HRT Hormone Replacement Therapy; the substitution of naturally declining hormones with synthetic or artificial hormones.

IGF Insulin Growth Factor; The hormone released from the liver in response to growth hormone. IGF-1 is the hormone responsible for building muscle.

IM Intramuscular; the injection of a drug into muscle tissue, where it is absorbed into the bloodstream.

IV Intravenous; the administration of a drug or fluid directly into a vein.

LH Leutenizing Hormone; a hormone produced by the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland that stimulates ovulation and the development of the corpus luteum in the female and the production of testosterone by the interstitial cells of the testis in the male.

MCG Micrograms

MG Milligrams

ML Milliliters

OTC Over-the-counter medication

Pin Needle

Rx Prescription medication

Slin Insulin; A hormone secreted by the pancreas that helps regulate carbohydrate metabolism.

SHBG Sex Hormone Binding Globulin; Sex hormone binding globulin is a glycoprotein that binds to sex hormones, specifically testosterone and estradiol. Other steroid hormones such as progesterone, cortisol, and other corticosteroids are bound by transcortin.

T Testosterone; Is primarily a male hormone produced by the testicles which is responsible for the development and the release of sperm, male physical characteristics and sexual drive. Small amounts of testosterone are also produced in women by the ovaries and the adrenal glands.

Test Testosterone

TRT Testosterone Replacement Therapy; the substitution of naturally declining testosterone with synthetic testosterone.

T3 Thyroid Hormone; active form of T4.

T4 Thyroid Hormone; a hormone secreted by the thyroid gland which regulates metabolism.

17AA 17alpha-alkylated; most orally available AAS are 17a-A to survive the digestive process at the expense of elevating liver enzymes.
    Last edited by Warrior; July 18th, 2007 at 09:15 AM. Reason: Added HRT, TRT, AAS and Gear

Banned

you left out HRT

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Guns View Post
    you left out HRT
    Added HRT, TRT, AAS and Gear

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior View Post
    DNP Dinitrophenol; Dinitrophenol (DNP) is an uncoupler, or has the ability to separate the flow of electrons and the pumping of H+ ions for ATP synthesis. This means that the energy from electron transfer cannot be used for ATP synthesis. Fifty years ago, DNP was given as a drug to help patients lose weight.
    For the sake of accuracy, this should read 70 years ago, not 50. DNP was an OTC and prescription weight loss drug in the 1930's.

Dr Pangloss

Quote Originally Posted by Conciliator View Post
    For the sake of accuracy, this should read 70 years ago, not 50. DNP was an OTC and prescription weight loss drug in the 1930's.
    He's right, Warrior. It was banned in 1938.

Yup, 1938, thanks... I'll change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pangloss View Post
    He's right, Warrior. It was banned in 1938.
    Well, it wasn't quite "banned". The FDA started putting pressure on manufacturers who then voluntarily withdrew it.

Dr Pangloss

Well, it wasn't quite "banned". The FDA started putting pressure on manufacturers who then voluntarily withdrew it.
    In other words, it was bad enough that even the entities profiting from its distribution agreed that it should be taken off the market. How else would one interpret voluntary withdrawal?

In other words, it was bad enough that even the entities profiting from its distribution agreed that it should be taken off the market. How else would one interpret voluntary withdrawal?
    No, a much more reasonable interpretation is that manufacutrers didn't want to risk contending with the FDA, having their shipments seized, and being subject to potential prosecution for product misbranding.

That wasn't hard now, was it?

Dr Pangloss

No, a much more reasonable interpretation is that manufacutrers didn't want to risk contending with the FDA, having their shipments seized, and being subject to potential prosecution for product misbranding.

That wasn't hard now, was it?
    It almost makes you think the FDA was banning it, doesn't it?

It almost makes you think the FDA was banning it, doesn't it?
    Definitely. A lot of people misinterpret it as an explicit ban.

Dr Pangloss

Definitely. A lot of people misinterpret it as an explicit ban.
    ROFLMAO.

frank wood

ouch.

I just have a rant, I have been following all the rules ie; Eating clean, doing progressive work out cycles and adjusting them when the results start to flatten. I have made good results and all the advice I receive is eat, sleep, train. Well not one bodybuilder that's posting in this area of the forum is not fortifying there training with chemicals. I have read and read and read some more. I do as much research on the web as anyone here has. I've researched web sites providing "true gear" with crazy payment schemes. I know that 98% of the items in the magazines and the net are bogus. I have a goal and that goal is to gain mass. I'm 5'7" and I way 180, I just joined the fitness challenge with my place of employment. I told them I'm not looking to lose inches. I want to pass the 200 lb mark I do not have the genetics to do so. Not one person in my family has an athletic build. I have always been into endurance sports, cycling, running etc. I have been weight training for 3 years and have done many cycles. I started with NO2 for 3 months, I went with an andro gel for 2 months, I then used equibolan from impact nutrition and I did make good gains. I started at 165 and bloated up to 186 after a 4 month cycle. Well those last two items are banned. I then went on a 5 stage cycle from extreme labs. I became very aggressive and just maintained my wieght. Well it appears that they couldn't stand the heat and have stopped selling me direct. Which was probably good since their products are expensive. I took 2 months off of any supp. except for multi vit, protien and Size On. I lost 12 pounds very fast, 2 weeks, I went on a cycle of lg's methy 1 and masterdrol and did not see any gains, just an upset stomach and the shits. I stopped for 1 month and started hemaguno, halodrol, and pct with gasp. nolvadex. I did improve strength but not size. I'm done with these test boosters and all the other crap. I think I have damaged my liver and kidneys because of all the crap I've been taking. So now I'm on a mission for straight test or a blend. I'm thinking of making an appointment with my doc regarding test therapy. I need some advice, I know this is a highly sensitive subject but there are no answers out there. Just a lot of bullshit. PM me or just set me straight. Thanks if you have made it to this point. Sorry I missed some vitals, 34yo male I eat five very high protien food meals a day and 1 shake I carb up on a weekend day . All of this cycle info has been over the last 3 years. My first year I was just tapping into the supp market and trying this and that. After the equibolan my time frame for the those cycles could be off, but since they were banned everything else is fairly accurate.
    Last edited by goslick69; November 28th, 2007 at 02:45 AM. Reason: spelling and grammer

Hey dude, that's basically why a lot of people go this route. After spending thousands on supplements that promiss a testosterone-like effect, it becomes quite inviting to go straight to the hormone itself. Honestly, my biggest gyno scare was using prohormones - I was developing a hard, sensitive lump - AAS hasn't caused such a pronounced affect... or at least nothing that wasn't readily controllable by using appropriate pharmaceutical ancillaries.

The biggest difference is OTC stuff is not approved to treat anything, where as Rx stuff is heavily regulated and FDA approved for specefic conditions. OTC stuff might, or might not, do what the label claims. Pharmaceutical "supplements" do what the label says they do - and have well documented interactions, known side effects and general pharmacological properties. Rx stuff is safer because the compounds are well understood and supported... it's the end user that can be reckless and unsafe - without knowing how to apply the drug, or how to gain an ergogenic effect while remaining safe.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast