Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: just turned 18- teen nats 09?

Quote Originally Posted by kiloman View Post
    damn we're pretty close to eachother i'm 5'8-9" weigh 175 but around 6-7% bodyfat

i turn 17 in 2 days
    some pretty good numbers there.

anyone have a bodyfat estimate?

Quote Originally Posted by mikez View Post
    Just turned 18 yesterday. I was planning on doing Teen Nationals in 09' but I dont know If I'll have the size. Those kids are HUGE I WOULD start my diet in april 2009. Lots of knowledge on the MD boards, what do you guys think?
    i am currently training a teen for 2008. Hes currently 7% bf at 230 lbs 5'7 and still has 11 weeks to go and has not even started to diet LOL. 8 weeks ago he was 225 @ 13% bf and just recently his old trainer saw him and was starting to ask several questions about what magic dust he was using. This kids already in the magazine look at muscle tech and you will find him in creatic ads. He looks nothing like that at all LOL. He will be 30 lbs heavier then last year and harder then chinese arthimitics.

some pretty good numbers there.

anyone have a bodyfat estimate?

you look around 10-13%, but maybe some others can chime in

Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails View Post
    i am currently training a teen for 2008. Hes currently 7% bf at 230 lbs 5'7 and still has 11 weeks to go and has not even started to diet LOL. 8 weeks ago he was 225 @ 13% bf and just recently his old trainer saw him and was starting to ask several questions about what magic dust he was using. This kids already in the magazine look at muscle tech and you will find him in creatic ads. He looks nothing like that at all LOL. He will be 30 lbs heavier then last year and harder then chinese arthimitics.
    they sponsor like 50 different athletes

Exactly. I found out my body pretty much disappears on low carbs let alone makes me feel like complete shit. Now that I'm eating plenty Im much much fuller. Did you cycle you're carbs when you prepped for the NKY? I'm looking for any advice on dieting. Thank you for the compliments bro. I am doing the show, I got nothing to lose.
    I guess you could call it cycling carbs, 225 training days, 175 non training days, it stayed pretty much there until the final few days, at times it was a bit higher. Cardio twice daily though, which was new for me, all light intensity too.

The reason I could do that is not overeating protein, which is what i always did. Excess protien can conver to glucose anywyas, so thats why a lot of people say when I add carbs I get fat. Well, now I ask how much protein you dieting on. Usually its too high, at 154 I was consuming around 370, thats WAY too much....anyways.....I hope that answers your questions....PM me if you have specific questions.

most of today's top guys were likely using before they turned 18...
    Rob
    I build websites for bodybuilders, fitness/figure, and more!

Just turned 18 yesterday. I was planning on doing Teen Nationals in 09' but I dont know If I'll have the size. Those kids are HUGE I WOULD start my diet in april 2009. Lots of knowledge on the MD boards, what do you guys think?

No offense but you would need a lot more muscle mass before doing a show of that caliber

I'm on it! I have about another year to put on some mass.

Thanks guys. I'm bustin my ass everyday in the gym, cooking all my meals ect. I posted these pics on bb.com and got a lot of bullshit with people accusing me of using AAS.
    BB.com is full of dicks! you can't get big without bein on juice supposedly to them guys

Quote Originally Posted by scoobysnacks View Post
    I guess you could call it cycling carbs, 225 training days, 175 non training days, it stayed pretty much there until the final few days, at times it was a bit higher. Cardio twice daily though, which was new for me, all light intensity too.

The reason I could do that is not overeating protein, which is what i always did. Excess protien can conver to glucose anywyas, so thats why a lot of people say when I add carbs I get fat. Well, now I ask how much protein you dieting on. Usually its too high, at 154 I was consuming around 370, thats WAY too much....anyways.....I hope that answers your questions....PM me if you have specific questions.
    Ha whats up bro!!? The higher carbs worked for me as well! I did 200 grams on all training days except leg day which was 300. Cardio days was 150 carbs, I did cardio in the a.m. 5 days a week(light intensity for 35 mins). Then twice a week i did HIIT for 20 mins.I got to the leanest point I have ever been at my weight. Oh im 5'11'' 172 lbs at contest, I know its not big at all, but it was my personal best.

Quote Originally Posted by kiloman View Post
    they sponsor like 50 different athletes
    only MT teenager in the magazine !! When he takes the stage people are going to be talking about him for years to come. He's 5'7 230 lbs and at 6% BF and has 10 more weeks to go and is at 4200 caloires and is still growing into contest and has not even started to diet.

Quote Originally Posted by naturalmuscle12 View Post
    Ha whats up bro!!? The higher carbs worked for me as well! I did 200 grams on all training days except leg day which was 300. Cardio days was 150 carbs, I did cardio in the a.m. 5 days a week(light intensity for 35 mins). Then twice a week i did HIIT for 20 mins.I got to the leanest point I have ever been at my weight. Oh im 5'11'' 172 lbs at contest, I know its not big at all, but it was my personal best.
    LOL! Hey natural muscle, yeah your plan was very similar to mine and I know we discussed your plan of attack.

Mikez learn from natural muscle who is a young competitor who in the past dieted on very little carbs but took some advice from more seasoned competitors and kept his carbs higher. His improvements were VERY noticeable in one season.

Stavious is correct now, but in a year at your age a lot can be done, also you can compete at the lighter weights and improve GREATLY upon your conditioning with the proper diet.

good luck
    SS

i did the show in 04' and 05' and the quality really isn't what you would think it. just go for it. make sure you come in shape though. good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Burzacott View Post
    i did the show in 04' and 05' and the quality really isn't what you would think it. just go for it. make sure you come in shape though. good luck.
    Thats always my main concern; stepping on stage in the best condition I can possibly be in. I'm working with Zeke Samples who has previously been guided by Chris Aceto and Charles Glass. Hopefully we can work on bringing my best on stage

Default Teens

Mike, don't worry about competition at the Teen Nationals. Worry about the mirror. What do YOU think of how YOU look? I've attended this show 4 times & have seen the other years on DVD, & believe me, you are competitive. It is a fantastic show & if you're starting now to prep for next year, you will do some damage. If you are in college by then, or registered for college, you can also cross to the Collegiate Nationals. A lot of the 18 & 19 year old teens do it--it's a much smaller show & you have a better chance of placing high.

If you'll permit one more bit of advice, I have noticed that the competitors (of any age) who do well come in with complete legs & extremely tight & conditioned lower backs. Most guys have the torsos from the front, but the parts I noted are not in place yet.

Quote Originally Posted by hardasnails View Post
    only MT teenager in the magazine !! When he takes the stage people are going to be talking about him for years to come. He's 5'7 230 lbs and at 6% BF and has 10 more weeks to go and is at 4200 caloires and is still growing into contest and has not even started to diet.
    after looking over the pics i couldnt figure out at all who you were talking about...?
    physique under construction

hey man I turn 18 in a couple of months and its good to see a fellow aspiring teen bber on here. I guess the decision really comes down to you. You the one whos gonna have to diet and put the work in. If you think you can do it and beleive in it strongly, why not give it a shot??
    "Biggest Penis I've Ever Seen", Says My Blind Girfreind.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast