Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: MD Forum Leader Interview with IFBB Pro Dayana Cadeau

Amateur Threat

Default MD Forum Leader Interview with IFBB Pro Dayana Cadeau

Starting May 2008, the Muscular Development Women's Forum Leaders will be bringing you one-on-one interviews with your favorite pros, amateurs, coaches, and MD forum members. We encourage you to ask your own questions in these threads, as Tina and other, future interviewees will come online to answer them. Please be respectful. There are no exceptions to this rule and you will be banned from this site for any disrespectful posts in this forum.

SallyAnne

Women's Forum Leader Gaoshang Xiongshou interviews Dayana Cadeau.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

Where are you from and what was it like growing up?

Dayana Cadeau: I was born in PORT-AUX-PRINCE HAITI (Carribean)

Were your parents strict while you were growing up? Did you ever sneak out of the house?

My parents were very strict but at a certain point NOT crazy strict. I have to admit I was a very quiet child, my mother always told me how quiet i was and an easy going child! I never really did anything crazy because my mother raise me with my grandparents, they teach me the good and the bad at my yound age, I did have to choice growing up to be a bad girl or a good girl. So I choose to be a good girl, doesn't mean I was perfect. You know what I mean!

Who was the female bodybuilder that got you interested in bodybuilding?

The female bodybuilder who got me interested in bodybuilding it's Cory Everson. I always find her so pretty as well Rachel McC. don't remember her last name. But I find thoses wemen beautiful even with muscle keeping their feminity because that being always very important to me!

What made you decide to compete for the first time? What show was that?

I had a friend who was a personal trainer and he invite me to go to see a bodybuilding show one day! I was a little bit afraid because I didn't want to lose my beauty and feminity. But when I saw some of the women look good, also seing pictures of Cory, I said to myself "Why not try it; maybe I will like it? It was a local show in Canada Quebec City where I grow up, it's call "QUEBEC METRO" it was in 1990, been a while. I'm a old lady.

If you could pass on your knowledge to a newcomer, what would be the most important thing you could share?

My advices to the new one who start to compete is: being yourself, stay feminine and sexy, don't change your personality, be a high class lady all the time! More important being positive and confident all the time, REMEMBER you always a champ especially when you work hard to get there!

How do you choose your posing music? What inspires you the most when choreographing a routine?

I'm trying to be myself and feel the music but I'm learning with my boyfriend Kai to be more creative and entertaining at the same time.

Kai has gained attention for his creative posing routines, and you have as well. Is there a possibility of a paired posing routine with the both of you one day??

Kai and I, we are thinking in the future to do posing routine together. I can't wait! It's pretty exciting, especially when you are a couple who love each other. Right now, we are very busy, but when Kai move to Florida with me soon, we will start working on it for sure!

You have won the Lightweight Ms. Olympia, and the Lightweight class at the Arnold Schwarzenegger Classic. Are those victories just as sweet as winning the Ms. Olympia and the Arnold outright would be? And if they are, what drives you to continue if you are at the top of your game?

YES, I have won twice the Miss International lightweight in 2001-2004 plus Miss Olympia lightweight 2004, it's a sweet victory for me and I will WIN the OVERALL Miss International and Miss Olympia soon. Even I didn't win the Overall of thoses two shows, I already won them once, so I'm still one of the best in the world beside Iris Kyle! What drive me continue it's because i love challenge and I love the way my body look; the older I'm getting, the better i look at 42. I thank God everyday for that!

You have been up against some stiff competition in your career, and have always convincingly held your own. They have gone, and you have outlasted them all. What do you attribute to this?

The reason I'm still competing... it's because i'm a SURVIVOR. I NEVER gave up, no matter what if i feel i have to going on i will. I'm healthy, thank God. Also bless by an amazing physique, and I'm always going to be thankful everyday for that! This sport did make a STRONG, SMART AND WISE woman of me for real. I learn to be a good business person, creative, being positive and patient! When i turn pro, I've been doing my diet, training on my own. I don't have a Trainer or anything, so i made mistakes and get to know how my body react so i can improve and be better each time.

What was it like to compete against the likes of Lenda Murray, Joanna Thomas, Andrulla Blanchette, and more of the other well known names in the sport?

To compete against somebody like Lenda Murray, it was a blessing and an honor, that woman is a legend; also a very nice lady with class. That's why i admire her so much. She is my role model and I want to do what she did for women's bodybuilding... represent them well!

Do you like to travel? What is your ultimate fantasy vacation? Once your competitive career is over, could you see yourself retiring there?

I love to travel, but busy like I am right now, plus the shows don't give me much time to. My favorite place to go... it will be Hawaii can you imagine? I went everywhere but NOT there yet. Do you want to know a secret? The reason I never went yet honestly, it's because I always want to go there with the man I really love. I did [meet this] this man his name is Kai Greene! We were suppose to go after the Arnold this year but he had to get ready for the NYC Pro Show, so NO vacation. We still thinking to go maybe before the Olympia or after. We will see???? Where I will retire, I can't tell really i don't know yet. Again, I want to be where the man of my life is so hopefully we can retire somewhere we love together. I live in Florida right now in the sun everyday so we'll see.......

Dayana, thank you so much for taking the time out of your busy schedule to answer a few brief questions for the members of musculardevelopment.com. We look forward to your interaction here with us!!

Name:
    Dayana Cadeau
    Place of Birth:
    Haiti (Carribean)
    Date of Birth:
    June 2nd, (Gemini)
    Home:
    Now living in Florida

Esthetician, IFBB Pro, Model, Personal Trainer

Measurements:

38DD, 24, 35

Weight:

140 lbs. (off season); 128lbs-130lbs (contest shape)

Height:

5' 4" 1/2

Eyes:

Light-Brown
    Bodybuilding Background:
    Been competing for 13 years
    Turned Pro in 1997
    Favorite Body Part:
    My legs
    Favorite Body Parts to Train:
    My back and abdominals
    Favorite Food:
    Italian and ice cream
    Favorite Colours:
    Red, Purple and Black
    Hobbies:
    Reading and listening to romantic music
    Favorite Lingerie:
    Black lace panties
    Look for in a man:
    Honesty, respect, love and passion
    Personality:
    Seductive, playful, loving
    Biggest Fear:
    To be disapointed from men all the time.
    Biggest Turn-off:
    People who lie to me about anything
    Career Goals:
    Winning my next competition
    Work hard to promote myself
    Personal ambitions:
    Just to be happy and have a beautiful family one day

Contest History:

1992: Quebec city, Overall

1993: Provincial show, Montreal, Overall (Heavy weight)
    1994: 2nd in the Canadian show, 2nd, Women’s Heavyweight
    1995: Canada Cup 3rd, Women’s Heavyweight
    1996: Canadian Championship, 2nd, Women’s Heavyweight
    1997: Won the woman heavy weight, Overall(Turned Pro)
    1997: Jan Tana Classic, 10th
    1998: Jan Tana Classic, 3rd
    1998: Ms Olympia, 11th
    1999: Miss International, 10th
    1999: Women’s Extravaganza, 6th
    2000: Jan Tana Classic, 2nd (Light Weight)
    2001: Miss International, 1st (Lightweight)
    2001: Miss Olympia, 3rd (Lightweight)
    2002: Miss International, 2nd (Lightweight)
    2002: Miss Olympia, 5th (Heavyweight)
    2003: Miss International, 4th (Light weight)
    2003: Jan Tana Classic, 1st (Middleweight)
    2003: Miss Olympia, 2nd (Lightweight)
    2004: Ms International, 1st (Lightweight)
    2004: Miss Olympia, 1st (Lightweight)
    2005: Ms Olympia, 3rd
    2006: Ms International, 2nd, Miss Olympia, 2nd
    2007: Arnold Classic, 6th; Miss Olympia, 2nd
    2008: Arnold Classic, 2nd

Awesome interview! Thanks, GX!

I always love the line in Supersize She when she says..."There is no one in my class who can beat me." Love the confidence and the accent.

Great interview GX and Dayana!! I am very lucky to have met Dayana many times over. She is an NPC judge down here in South FL where I compete. She is just as confident and beautiful in person as she is in this interview.

p.s. I love the second photo of you Dayana. I think you look absolutely beautiful in it!!

Amateur Threat

Dayana, If you could change one thing about IFBB women's competitions, what would it be?

IFBB PRO - Dayana Cadeau Bodygift's Avatar

Smile Good Question:)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaoshang Xiongshou View Post
    Dayana, If you could change one thing about IFBB women's competitions, what would it be?
    If i had to change one thing about IFBB women's competions, first i would give thoses women MORE money! Than make sure at least the top 6 wemen in the world at the Olympia have a supplement contract (Sponcers) There is a lot things i would like to change, before anything goes further i would make sure thoses women change their image to be able to advertized those products. I'm a female bodybuilder myself and admire every other one who work hard like i do, but i do love a women who's taking care of her self, means; being SEXY and FEMININE. I think if every female bodybuilders up there work on that, a lot of things will be different, that's the kind of woman who should represent the sport! It's nice to have muscles but the whole PACKAGE it's even better...
    Kisses
    Dayana xox

WiseGuy

She's awesome!

great interview GX....
    Team-TammyFitness
    hersuppz.com code TAMMY

I got to meet Dayana at the Arnold this year i have always been a big fan of hers and FBB. She was truelly a nice person and great to talk to.

Hi Dayna,

I met you to this year at the Arnie at the World Gym when Kai was having a photoshoot.

What surprised me the most was how tiny you are, and how gorgeous you are up close.

Your contest weight isn't very high, you are seriously SOLID

Have you ever had people that don't know BBing question if you are a BBer if you are wearing 'normal' clothing? Have you ever done anything like have to show them your arms?

Smile Hello:)

Quote Originally Posted by Tatyana View Post
    Hi Dayna,

I met you to this year at the Arnie at the World Gym when Kai was having a photoshoot.

What surprised me the most was how tiny you are, and how gorgeous you are up close.

Your contest weight isn't very high, you are seriously SOLID

Have you ever had people that don't know BBing question if you are a BBer if you are wearing 'normal' clothing? Have you ever done anything like have to show them your arms?
    Yes i do remember you i came in before Kai finished the shoot and we talk for a while you were very nice to me, it was nice meeting you! Actually the posting on my off season and contest weight need to be update because i change for the past fews years i put at least 12pounds of solid muscles At the Arnold from thoses pictures i was at 140 pounds hard, my waist it's 24, so YES i'm petite i don't have big bone. I wide shoulders and back, good legs and hips it's about 34, so very good overall balance, before i start bodybuilding i was doing modeling for the Magazine etc...so i was very petite, like 100 pounds who will thought i would be a famous bodybuilder now lol...off season i'm about 155 pounds and keep myself as much in shape that i can! I'm very happy the way i look but i don't want to add more muscles on that little frame, i have enough for now Again it was nice meeting and hope to meet you again at the Olympia this year.
    Dayana

Banned

Welcome to the forum Dayana!

And as everyone has said, you've represented FBB very well to say the least!

Hope you have a breakthrough year in competition especially the Olympia!

So I wondered, which posing suit would you wear at that event, the black, or one from this year Ms. International?

And which photographer have you enjoyed working with the most thus far?

E!

Talking Thank you:)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Eddie View Post
    Welcome to the forum Dayana!

And as everyone has said, you've represented FBB very well to say the least!

Hope you have a breakthrough year in competition especially the Olympia!

So I wondered, which posing suit would you wear at that event, the black, or one from this year Ms. International?

And which photographer have you enjoyed working with the most thus far?

E!
    Thank you for your nice comment, well i always love to have a new suit each time i'm competing i guest it's a woman thing right I will work harder this year and improve even more, that's what i do each time! I do love to work with Mike Yurkovic, he work for MD he became a very excelent photographer, always getting better. But i did enjoy working for years with one of the best photographer and friend Bill dobbins, very professional and knows how to work with your image!

PS: Regarding my suits, it's going to be a surprise this year at the Olympia i already choose the new color?
    Kisses
    Dayana xox

Quote Originally Posted by missgreene View Post
    Yes i do remember you i came in before Kai finished the shoot and we talk for a while you were very nice to me, it was nice meeting you! Actually the posting on my off season and contest weight need to be update because i change for the past fews years i put at least 12pounds of solid muscles At the Arnold from thoses pictures i was at 140 pounds hard, my waist it's 24, so YES i'm petite i don't have big bone. I wide shoulders and back, good legs and hips it's about 34, so very good overall balance, before i start bodybuilding i was doing modeling for the Magazine etc...so i was very petite, like 100 pounds who will thought i would be a famous bodybuilder now lol...off season i'm about 155 pounds and keep myself as much in shape that i can! I'm very happy the way i look but i don't want to add more muscles on that little frame, i have enough for now Again it was nice meeting and hope to meet you again at the Olympia this year.
    Dayana
    It was nice meeting you as well.

So it gives some of us hope to know that you don't have to weigh 175 lbs to do well in BBing

I would love to come to Olympia this year, but I think that it is too close to all the British Finals, which, cross fingers, I qualify for this year.

I did have such a FAB time at the Arnold, I am planning on coming again next year.

How do you keep on track to stay so close to comp weight off season?

I have messed up with this MAJORLY, and it really has made dieting a lot more tough.

Also, how much cardio do you do in preparation, and how far out do you start?

Amateur Threat

Default Interviewee's Choice: Bonus Pictures

Photography by Mike Yurkovic for Muscular Development.

Amateur Threat

Talking :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tatyana View Post
    It was nice meeting you as well.

So it gives some of us hope to know that you don't have to weigh 175 lbs to do well in BBing

I would love to come to Olympia this year, but I think that it is too close to all the British Finals, which, cross fingers, I qualify for this year.

I did have such a FAB time at the Arnold, I am planning on coming again next year.

How do you keep on track to stay so close to comp weight off season?

I have messed up with this MAJORLY, and it really has made dieting a lot more tough.

Also, how much cardio do you do in preparation, and how far out do you start?
    Hello again

I eat healthy still off season but i have at least the weekend to cheat than when the time come to get ready for the show, i'm very strick with my diet! Usually i do 2 hours 1/2 of cardio plus Hot Yoga i've been doing that for over 4 years now love it, good for the muscles help to be more flexible, less stress and keep you relax all the time. It's take me only 10 weeks max to get ready and ripple, i'm very bless but i do work very hard for where i am at right now!
    Dayana xox

Quote Originally Posted by missgreene View Post
    Hello again

I eat healthy still off season but i have at least the weekend to cheat than when the time come to get ready for the show, i'm very strick with my diet! Usually i do 2 hours 1/2 of cardio plus Hot Yoga i've been doing that for over 4 years now love it, good for the muscles help to be more flexible, less stress and keep you relax all the time. It's take me only 10 weeks max to get ready and ripple, i'm very bless but i do work very hard for where i am at right now!
    Dayana xox
    ok now im jelous! who helps you with prep or do you do it all yourself?
    Team-TammyFitness
    hersuppz.com code TAMMY

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast