Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: MD Forum Leader Interview with 8-Time Ms. Olympia Lenda Murray

Made Member

there is no other female physique like lendas she was and still is the greatest, and great interview

Lenda said the truth and nothing, but the truth about what is happening with the sport.

Woah the greatest that ever did it! Big ups from NYC!!
    Reach down inside and be a fuckin pro!!! -- Marvin Lewis

Nice interview, Brandon.

Lenda, your honesty and candor are so refreshing. You sound very happy and fulfilled with your life. Excellent interview! Your advice to the current up-and-coming female athletes was perfect!

If you can, be honest with yourself first and foremost. Ask yourself these questions: Do I have the natural genetics and structure to be a competitive Bodybuilder? Do I put on weight quickly? Are my waist and joints small? If you’ve answered no to the majority of these questions, then you may want to re-think female bodybuilding. If you don’t have the genetics and natural structure and think a pill will get you these attributes, think again. Unfortunately, there are women that have tried to make something happen that’s just not there. Instead of getting the development they want in their shoulders, they get it in a place that’s not very pretty. Do us all a favor, and find the sport that looks good on you. I did not find the Ms Olympia, the Ms Olympia found me.

WOW that was a very pleasurable read Brandon ! Props to you big boy I def like Lenda's honesty in this interview ! Thank you !

Smile Hi Tatyana

Quote Originally Posted by Tatyana View Post
    WOW, fantastic interview, and what an honour.

Lenda,

I would love to hear you expand on your comments on the genetics of a bodybuilder.

What sort of structural differences/genetic differences do you think exists between figure and bodybuilding, or is this division purely based on muscle mass and conditioning differences?

What do you think about the differences in figure between federations like the IFBB and NABBA?

I am in the UK, and natural bodybuilding is quite popular and natural bodybuilders have a very visual presence in the magazines, with sponsership etc.

Do you think that natural bodybuilding, especially for women, will ever have a presence in the US?

Do you think that the IFBB should take more of an active drug testing policy with female physique athletes (I know this opens up the whole double standard conversation, but based on a few of your comments, I thought it would be appropriate).

Thanks

Tatyana,

Thanks for responding to my interview. Answering your question in regards to genetics and structure of a bodybuilder. As I'm going about my day....I look at physiques. It's just a natural thing for me being that I had to study mine and others for years. There are times when I see a man or woman and I say.......she has the physique to put on size or she has the physique to put on size and she/he is very shapely. The person could be overweight, and I can see that they naturally have a small waist and the physique is proportionate. They're not top heavy or bottom heavy only. The weight is distributed nicely.

I feel that it is necessary for women to be symmetrical. Unfortunately a man can get away with not being structurally beautiful. He may get away with it.....but it dosen't mean that he wil win the Olympia either (and then maybe he will)......he just will not be critizied as much as a woman. Curves have always been important when it comes to looking at a woman. Small neck, small joints, smal waist, hips, shapely thighs, round butt, boobs, etc.

As far as drug testing for women....I'm for it and always have been. Is it one sided....yes it is. However, my belief is that I'm a woman and I approach competition as a woman. I've never concerned myself with what the men do or what they get. I'm not even concerned with how much more money they make than the women. Now, if the women start at $50,000 then it should only increase...not decrease. This is where I draw the line.

Stay strong,
    Lenda

Default Thanks FitnFirm

Quote Originally Posted by FitnFirm View Post
    WOW that was a very pleasurable read Brandon ! Props to you big boy I def like Lenda's honesty in this interview ! Thank you !
    FitnFirm,

Thanks for reading the interview....I tried my best to answer the questions from my heart. Thank you Brandon, for great questions.

Lenda

Welcome to MD, Lenda. It is an honor for us to have you here.
    hardcoregymregistry.com * prettybuff.com * myspace.com/sallyagin

Amateur Threat

Lenda, would you like to leave your thoughts in this thread??

Classic Women's Bodybuilding

ok, knowing I'm in the online midst of greatness has made me all giddy

Welcome Lenda! We love you!

Lenda...
    welcome!
    Team-TammyFitness
    hersuppz.com code TAMMY

Awesome interview! I LOVE her honesty!

Banned

Great interview by GX indeed and glad to see Lenda here as well!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lenda Murray View Post

I feel that it is necessary for women to be symmetrical. Unfortunately a man can get away with not being structurally beautiful. He may get away with it.....but it dosen't mean that he wil win the Olympia either (and then maybe he will)......he just will not be critizied as much as a woman. Curves have always been important when it comes to looking at a woman. Small neck, small joints, smal waist, hips, shapely thighs, round butt, boobs, etc.

As far as drug testing for women....I'm for it and always have been. Is it one sided....yes it is. However, my belief is that I'm a woman and I approach competition as a woman. I've never concerned myself with what the men do or what they get. I'm not even concerned with how much more money they make than the women. Now, if the women start at $50,000 then it should only increase...not decrease. This is where I draw the line.

Stay strong,
    Lenda
    That's definately something I hate and why its hard for me to be a fan of them.

And even though they do get away with it , it certainly doesn't make it right!

Something that goes on the heads of the IFBB just as I have mention about the rules with the women.

I tend to think the athletes give them way too much power as it is , and frustrates me how they won't stand up against them in large numbers and demand a change. Makes you start to wonder if they really don't want to fight it , then why should anyone care to discuss it in forums or otherwise.

Gossip and complaints have been going for years now and nothing is better off for it.

And I agree about the need for drug tests on all levels for both women and men.

E!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by tammyp View Post
    bravo brandon....wonderful job! that BELONGS in the mag!
    Tammy,

I couldn't agree more with this quote....bravo Brandon...that belongs in the magazine.

Lenda

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Eddie View Post
    Great interview by GX indeed and glad to see Lenda here as well!!!

That's definately something I hate and why its hard for me to be a fan of them.

And even though they do get away with it , it certainly doesn't make it right!

Something that goes on the heads of the IFBB just as I have mention about the rules with the women.

I tend to think the athletes give them way too much power as it is , and frustrates me how they won't stand up against them in large numbers and demand a change. Makes you start to wonder if they really don't want to fight it , then why should anyone care to discuss it in forums or otherwise.

Gossip and complaints have been going for years now and nothing is better off for it.

And I agree about the need for drug tests on all levels for both women and men.

E!
    Eddie,

I agree, it is very disappointing that the athletes don't stick together. Until, they all come together both women and men, we'll be talking this same talk for years to come. Honestly, this is part of the reason I don't do interviews often. I'm sick and tired of having the same stupid conversation. I had these discussions with athletes and with officials. I don't think many in power want to see a change and the athletes are just scared or comfortable and selfish.

Lenda

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast