Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd TEAM MD-- MHP TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE

Quote Originally Posted by Mr G View Post
    NO AMOUNT JUST DRINK ,WHEN I WAS HUNGRY DIET COKE MAKES OTHER COOL FLAVORS AS WELL WITH LIME CHERRY ETC. I WOULD DRINK IT TO SATISFY MY HUNGER.
    JUST RELAX AND ENJOY WHAT YOUR DOING ,YOU CAN NOT MAKE A MISTAKE ,STRESS CAUSES THE BODY TO STORE FAT
    SO DONT WORRY BE HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

NEVER GIVE UP!NRVER GIVE UP!NEVER GIVE UP!
    Mr. G,
    Glad to read about the diet coke - otherwise, you are just a beautiful motivating person - this group of people making up the 3rd 2008 Team MD Transformation Challenge, are so lucky to have you cheering them on. You are a shining star!!!!!!!!!!! Kudos to the new team and best of
    luck on all of their new transformation endeavors

Default Vitamins, EFAs, etc....

I know Dave recommends taking vitamins, EFAs among other supplements. I'm currently taking:

Fish Oil (Omega-3)
    Evening Primrose Oil
    Vitamin E
    Vitamin C
    Glucosamine/MSM
    Calcium
    ZMA
    One-a-Day Multivitamin

Are we allowed any of these?
    CEE
    HMB
    AAKG
    Beta-Alanine

My question is, how much of each should I be taking and when? I just want to be exact on the quantities. Thank you guys.
    "Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right" -Henry Ford

Spotter

• This is what Dave said in 2006 http://www.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/88/57/
    • 1. Multivitamin 2 x per day (take all vitamins with food): Men should take a multivitamin "without iron" added (women require iron since they lose blood, and thus, iron when they menstruate monthly)
    • 2. Vitamin C 1000mg 2 x per day (anti-oxidant): Antioxidants prevent damage from free radicals (which can further damage muscle cells even after the workout is completed). By reducing cellular damage to muscle tissue, it enables the damaged muscle (from training) to repair itself at a greatly accelerated rate
    • 3. Vitamin E (with Selenium) 400IU 2x per day (anti-oxidant): Two other vital Antioxidants.
    • 4. Omega-3 Fish Oil Pills 1000mg2-3x per day (essential omega-3 fats)
    • 5. Evening Primrose Oil 1300mg 2 x per day (essential omega-6 fats): As mentioned before, essential fatty acids are required to help rebuild broken down tissues in the body. If not consumed, daily, they will, essentially, stunt future muscle growth.
    • 6. MSM Powder (for joints and tissue repair) 2000mg 2 x per day: All bodybuilders, at one time or another, have had joint pain and/or injuries. MSM is an extremely bio-available source of sulfur that is vital in the repair of connective tissue (joint surfaces, ligaments, tendons, and cartilage). Sulfur is also a necessary component in the repair and synthesis of muscle tissue and since we don't eat many foods that are high in sulfur, MSM becomes a very desirable supplement to the mass-gaining or contest-dieting bodybuilder.
    • 7. Glucosamine sulfate 1000mg 2x per day: Glucosamine sulfate is another component of connective tissue that is very rarely consumed in the diet (since not many people eat ligaments and tendons along with there chicken breasts and filet mignons). Ingesting adequate amounts of glucosamine, has, experimentally, been illustrated to aid in the repair of torn meniscal cartilages, degenerative joint surfaces, and weak ligaments and tendons.
    • 8. Creatine 5 grams 2 x per day (5g in the morning/ 5g after you train): Creatine is one of the most incredible natural supplements to hit the market. Its strong presence, even after almost 10 years on the market, is a testament to its truly unique abilities. It does two distinct, yet invaluable, jobs in the body.
    • Someone basically just ask the same question in his Q&A thread his answer was:
    • All those listed in that article are still the same, but I have added the following:
      1. Juice Plus – all the benefits of fruits and vegetables without the sugar (or any calories)
      2. FIberlyze – my soluble and insoluble fiber mix. It tastes phenomenal and provide endless health benefits – colon health, regularity, fat loss,…
      3. Arthrolyze – the most potent joint repair supplement on the market.
      I don’t feel ALA is imperative. You can use it as part of GDA stack, but its not necessary.
    I don't know about the rest you mentioned hopefully someone will chime in

Thanks for clearing that up. I was already taking the said amounts, I just wanted to make sure it was still the same.

Default Shake Question

I usually sprinkle some ground cinnamon and add a little imitation vanilla falvoring (liquid) to my protein shakes. I like the flavor it gives to the shake, but is it allowed? Am I messing the diet up? I'll stop if its hurting my progress. Thanks.

Good Morning Guys

Its 08.30 here in Sunny Cyprus - I am at work eating my whole egg and egg white omelet that my lovely wife prepared for me and catching up on our thread.

MHP's probolic is the best tasting protein I have ever tasted - I have been religiously taking it since last year. Apart from that I use Mac-oil which takes care of my Omega 9’s and for my EFA’s I use the species brand Omegalyze.

Species Arthrolyze does wonder for my joints also. Having very high blood pressure I am unable to take the conventional fat burners since they are loaded with stimulants so I use again species brand lypolyze which is stimulant free and very effective.

A week into it last year I had a rude awakening and that was my bowel stopped moving LOL so I use species Fiberlyze for that.

Apart from the above a good coral calcium is really what else is needed – personally I wouldn’t get too bogged down at the moment with trying to take everything that would be beneficial – like DROS said, Dave – or MR G will give us heads up on the next step, be it nutrition, supplementation or exercise.

Have lovely evening guys – and come back to the boards quick

Pan
    Be the Change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Dros View Post
    EVERYONE DO CARDIO THIS MORNING?
    I did mine after my back workout - thats still ok yes?

Spotter

I don't know if I would worry about all the other supps too much. Besides the multi vit/min, Omega 3, and a fiber supp, I don't think the rest is really going to give one a huge advantage in fat loss and muscle gain. Plus they are already providing us with a vast array of MHP products. I agree with Pan "Dave – or MR G will give us heads up on the next step, be it nutrition, supplementation or exercise."
    Last edited by yoke408; November 6th, 2008 at 03:56 AM.

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by Pan View Post
    I did mine after my back workout - thats still ok yes?
    I'm pretty sure thats is cool. First thing in the morning on an empty stomach or after your workout.

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    I usually sprinkle some ground cinnamon and add a little imitation vanilla falvoring (liquid) to my protein shakes. I like the flavor it gives to the shake, but is it allowed? Am I messing the diet up? I'll stop if its hurting my progress. Thanks.
    I think I remember reading something about cinnamon helping insulin sensitivity(Not sure if it matters on a keto diet) And the fak vanilla I don't know about.(does it say it has carbs?)

Spotter

Goodnite Pan it's 11:56 pm in California.

Quote Originally Posted by yoke408 View Post
    Goodnite Pan it's 11:56 pm in California.
    Good Night bro

Quote Originally Posted by yoke408 View Post
    I don't know if I would worry about all the other supps too much. Besides the multi vit/min, Omega 3, and a fiber supp, I don't think the rest is really going to give one a huge advantage in fat loss and muscle gain. Plus they are already providing us with a vast array of MHP products. I agree with Pan "Dave – or MR G will give us heads up on the next step, be it nutrition, supplementation or exercise."
    Thanks Yoke408, they are just products I already have, just wanted to know if I could use them that's all.

Hey Ludo - hows it all going?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Pan View Post
    Hey Ludo - hows it all going?
    Not bad Pan, not bad. Just got back from cardio actually. I woke up with a sore throat/cold yesterday, and its even worse today, but cardio is a must, so no excuses. The diet has been good so far, Dave said we might feel a little wierd for the first week or so (for those who were not on a keto diet before the challenge) I just don't know if its my sore throat or the diet that's making me feel a little sluggish. How are things on your end? Hope everything's excellent.

Thumbs up

I can imagine how you feel - on Monday i was with a full blown cold and i left it too late to start antibiotics, never managed to workout, but the power of the mind is powerful, i woke up Tuesday am, logged on and found out that we were officially a go go and it all started to get better. Took my pictures - and after work hit the chest workout full force.

It takes around 72 hours for ketosis to kick in bro - very normal to feel sluggish, once it does kick in though you feel full of energy.

My day is coming to an end here - no workout for me today, its a rest day and i am still fighting that cold.

I started off at 104.7kg Tuesday Morning (231lb) & today i was 103.2kg (227lb) and to say its all water i have been on the keto diet for some time - its logical though when you think that the mind and body are not seperate, and since Tuesday i have been focused on this challange 110% and the body has just followed the poisitive attitude of the mind.

I must admit reading all your posts motivate me - your stories even more, i made up a journal and printed out the workout and diet, but most importantly the "competition" your stories, reading them puts things into perspective and they are the first thing i have in my log.

Good thing about you bro is that you have youth on your side - the sky is the limit .

Have a great day

Your brother Pan

Page 11 of 58 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast