Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd TEAM MD-- MHP TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE

Spotter

Now that the Olympia is over I hope we can all start the transformation!

Hello everyone…
    My name is Jose Cabrera and I am 21 years old and in need of help. My story is not as simple as I would like it to be but let me begin. When I was in high school I played a lot of sports mainly football and baseball. When I turned 17 my grandmother and a person I truly cared about had was involved in a serious accident and she went into coma. I was destroyed and quit all sports which were not the best thing for me. As her condition got worse I began to eat to relieve my extreme depression. A few months the accident she had awaken from coma and I was weighing in at a huge 265 from my formal 156. As she got better and was able to go home I began to improve my depression but still I ate because I was so use to it. As of 1 year ago I started to diet with help from friends and family support. I have dropped from my 265 to my current 172 17.3% bf. I currently have hit a huge plateau in my training and in need of support and motivation to continue my goal of low body fat and good muscle definition. Even if I don’t make to cut in this challenge this site has already helped me quite a lot and the magazine is an awesome read at work. I really just want to prove everyone wrong and to be able to tell everyone that I did this! I lost the weight and I improved my life and my life style.

Hi all, first time posting here. Not sure if this is going on already or not, but would like to join the transformation as well. I don't care about the free supplements, more about the support and being a part of this.

A little about myself. I am 32, from chicago, with a wife and a 4 year old daughter. I actually started my transformation on jan 17th 2007. I was posting on another site but kinda lost interest there, Found MD and really like this place. At my heaviest I was in the 340's lb range. While I have always been a fairly big guy, That was really really out of shape.

Went thru a lot the years before that. My wife had been sick with the Big C. and life really got turned upside down. I did workout when I was 20 for maybe 6 months, was doing well but crap happened and gave up on it. Hadn't touched a weigth or excersised at all from then up to Jan 17th of 07.

I figured it was time to change my lifestyle or i wouldn't be around long for my wife or kid. Since then I have dropped 100lbs, and have even managed to add some decent muscle. Kinda hard to see under all the fat, but I can feel it...it's there damn it lol.

Since february of this year I my fat loss has kinda stalled. Haven't put any fat back on but haven't lost much if any at all. I hurt my back..well re injured since I have had a bad back since I was 16 (car accident) in february, Was a slow proccess getting back to the gym ever since then. Kept diet fairly clean to minimize fat gain and also to prevent losing the little bit of muscle i had gained. I have been able to start hitting the gym the last two months on a more consistent basis. Had been slacking on cardio more out of laziness than anything else.

I know kinda long and i actually kept my past kinda brief lol. Well just wanted to say hi and good to be here.

Me last year after dropping 30 odd lbs.

Me this year after 80 lbs down.

earlier this year after hitting the 100lb drop mark.

With my daughter before starting my life long journey to a healthier me.

OKAY GUYS....now that the MR OLYMPIA is over. We're ready to start the 2nd MHP TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE for 2008!......... Mr G will be picking the contestants in the next few days so be sure to submit your stories!

Spotter

Hell yeah! I think I can speak for everyone and say we are ready.

...wish I was on an island...near St. Lucia perhaps...

Sooooo I'm super late in entering, but I just saw the posting in the women's forum and thought I'd try to squeeze in! And I'm not sure if any girls have even entered...

Ah so a story I guess is what's needed...
    I'm 24...and am sick of people asking when I'm going to do a show! I don't want to pick a show until I get to a MUCH lower bodyfat percentage...I just have trouble sticking to things. I've been through...lol a few prep folks and I'm always good for the first 8 week or so and then it's all downhill...something ALWAYS comes up...but no excuses.

Anyway...I've been working out since 16 (after quitting sports) and didn't really get into bodybuilding until my jr year of college...so it's been about 3-4 years now. In college I had a nice little mix of eating disorders and just ended up being skinny fat (although becoming skinny wasn't why I had issues...I have never had the desire to be skinny...I like my muscles! ). So...here I am...24 and needing a kick in the ass because I really do have the desire to compete...it just seems so far away before I can even think about that with my chubbiness. Oh and I attached a picture but it's not super recent...I'm at work and can add more later when I get home. I also have pix from when I was 8 weeks into a contest prep diet but that doesn't really matter...and my avatar is from a shoot when I dieted myself...so I know for the most part what to do...and I should have enough motivation to be accountable...sometimes I just lose focus and I think this would be perfect for me! I have no problem staying on track with my lifting...it's just cardio/eating that messes me up...So that's it! I don't have a heart-wrenchingly sad story...I just need a major kick in my chubby ass
    Attached Images Attached Images

have the contestants already been selected?

Spotter

I do not think Mr. G has picked yet. Better get your story in asap.

Mr. G and Dave are picking this week. Anyone can PM me if they have a last minute entry.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboy View Post
    Well I would like to throw my name into the hat. I could really use the help. I have been overweight all my life. My wife is a bodybuilder and has won several local shows an the NPC JR USA a few years back. She has also competed nationally. I always feel out of place at shows or when people meet us because the look at me like what is she doing with him. I train with her and try to diet right but nothing seems to work for me. I could really use the help. I work a ton of hours to support the bb lifestyle and what time is left I make time for my kids. I am fully dedicated to this whether I get picked or not. I think Dave's help and the MHP products good greatly change my life. It would be so wonderful to show up at her guest posing apperance and have everyone see the changes I have made. It would also make me proud to have my 14 year daughter and 12 year old son see me make a change in my life. To tell you the truth I am tired of guys at work teasing me and calling me fat boy or having to joke about my weight to feel like I fit in. Thanks for the consideration.

My stats are 5 11 265 pounds and 28% bodyfat yeah I know I need cardio lol

I can not get my pics to post so I will pm them to Dave or whoever I need to just let me know.
    OK i pmed my pics to Dros so please keep m name in the the hat. Thanks so muck for considering me I really need this help!!!

Hi Guys & Greetings from Cyprus

I know I am sooo late for submitting my story but here goes.
    My name is Pan and I am 34. I am over weight but over the course of a year I have come a long way and I now need to step it up a notch. I suffer from very high blood pressure, high uric acid and fatty Liver thus the only supplements I can take is protein.
    Since my early 20’s I have been over weight thus all those years of abuse can take years to turn around (if I can ever turn them around).
    Last year I tagged “unofficially” along with the mhp transformation challenge and the gains I made on the outside are pictured below – the inside changes were much more since I felt that I was accountable to my brothers and sisters of the challenge. It’s that accountability that spurred me on along with the invaluable advice of the trainers.
    Since then I feel that I am slowly seeping towards the other way again – it seems that I never built that foundation that I should have to carry me forward into life, not been official amongst last years pack gave me the excuses at times that I don’t have to do the cardio or I can cheat here and there since an after picture will not be expected from me and this is what I don’t want to happen again.
    Please consider me for the up coming challenge – Good luck to all
    Pan
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Be the Change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi

Spotter

Congrats Pan on your results so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Pan View Post
    Hi Guys & Greetings from Cyprus

I know I am sooo late for submitting my story but here goes.
    My name is Pan and I am 34. I am over weight but over the course of a year I have come a long way and I now need to step it up a notch. I suffer from very high blood pressure, high uric acid and fatty Liver thus the only supplements I can take is protein.
    Since my early 20’s I have been over weight thus all those years of abuse can take years to turn around (if I can ever turn them around).
    Last year I tagged “unofficially” along with the mhp transformation challenge and the gains I made on the outside are pictured below – the inside changes were much more since I felt that I was accountable to my brothers and sisters of the challenge. It’s that accountability that spurred me on along with the invaluable advice of the trainers.
    Since then I feel that I am slowly seeping towards the other way again – it seems that I never built that foundation that I should have to carry me forward into life, not been official amongst last years pack gave me the excuses at times that I don’t have to do the cardio or I can cheat here and there since an after picture will not be expected from me and this is what I don’t want to happen again.
    Please consider me for the up coming challenge – Good luck to all
    Pan
    Excellent work Pan! It's good to hear from you man! I hope all is well in Cyprus, and I really hope you get selected!
    "He that can have patience can have what he will." -Benjamin Franklin-

I was reading through one of Pan's more recent comments and saw the similarities to my own recent experiences in the last three months. He mentioned that there were moments of no accountability.

Since submitting my own entry a few months back, I have seen a few changes in my life with a promotion at work, as well the news that my wife and I are expecting our first baby. Increased work load and stress at the job, doing some remodeling and prep at the house for baby... all translated to less time working out. For me the accountability piece got misplaced.

For my self, I once again need to take ownership of my time and priorities, and recommit to my training goals.

I look forward to seeing this third round of the MHP Transformation challenge unfold. Even if not selected as a participant, I am thankful for the transformation tips, advice, and support that will be shared. Best wishes to all.

In bro... Thank God! this is what I need to get myself back on track! I am really amazed at the changes Dave has made to a lot of the younger BB'ers that I really admire!

Looking forward to this and looking forward to competing in the near future. Thank you SO MUCH MHP, Dave, and Mr. G!

I am in too guys

Thank you SO MUCH MHP, Dave, Dros and Mr. G
    Be the Change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi

Page 5 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555 ... LastLast