Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd TEAM MD-- MHP TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE

sweet! im ready! thank you guys! Dave, Mr G, Dros

Default At last...

Awesome, I can't wait to get started!
    "Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right" -Henry Ford

...wish I was on an island...near St. Lucia perhaps...

Yay!

&...Based on Dave's diet that I've seen...I know I'm already going to need to know...can I just substitute chicken for the white fish? Seafood and I do not get along

Quote Originally Posted by rmenyin27 View Post
    Yay!

&...Based on Dave's diet that I've seen...I know I'm already going to need to know...can I just substitute chicken for the white fish? Seafood and I do not get along
    Absolutly, chicken is fine. Personally I dont touch a piece of fish when I am on my contest diet.

I have been so used to the Palumbo diet now its second nature. Dec 20th will be 1 year. Of course i take a few weeks off here and there but i love it.
    My wife cooks me a load of chicken & cod on Sunday, puts it in containers (6oz worth) and freezes it - then all I have to do the night before is unfreeze it and add my cashews in the morning, she also cooks my eggs and egg whites for breakfast and I prepare a shake and I take those 4 meals to work.
    When I return home ill have another shake after my work out & later at night ill have my fatty meal (salmon & green salad), and there you have my 6 meals.
    In all fairness I have a great cook of a wife who prepares all this for me (ok I make my own shakes J )but its not rocket science.
    I am really glad to be officially on this with you guys – I just know we are going to do a lot of Damage.
    God Bless
    Pan
    Be the Change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Pan View Post
    I have been so used to the Palumbo diet now its second nature. Dec 20th will be 1 year. Of course i take a few weeks off here and there but i love it.
    My wife cooks me a load of chicken & cod on Sunday, puts it in containers (6oz worth) and freezes it - then all I have to do the night before is unfreeze it and add my cashews in the morning, she also cooks my eggs and egg whites for breakfast and I prepare a shake and I take those 4 meals to work.
    When I return home ill have another shake after my work out & later at night ill have my fatty meal (salmon & green salad), and there you have my 6 meals.
    In all fairness I have a great cook of a wife who prepares all this for me (ok I make my own shakes J )but its not rocket science.
    I am really glad to be officially on this with you guys – I just know we are going to do a lot of Damage.
    God Bless
    Pan
    definately! I love my george foreman grill and I stumbled upon the last transformation thread's diet. My local meatshop sells ground chuck that my butcher has been dividing into 5oz beef patties just for me ever since I told him Im going to be on a transformation diet.1 and a half of those for my fatty meal and Im good to go. I have been at it for 2 days already. Im trying to work out some tweaks (almonds vs cashews, what kinds of fish I'd like to go on vs the red meat. etc etc). Trying to see how to cycle out the fatty meats so I have it changing up all the time.

By the way dros, is there any difference if I substitute 7oz of a cod fillet for 7oz of canned tuna?

Guys let me tell ya... I dont quite know what the workout routine is like but my weight is already going up (strength) on my current workout routine

Spotter

We are all done waiting lets get this thing kicked off right! Sorry to everyone who didn't get in I hope all you guys try to do the challenge with us. I know we all will do our best to support one another.

I've been on the diet from the last challenge for about a week. I feel great. My mood and energy levels are very steady. I'm very excited to see all of the changes we go through mentally and physically.

Im so excited to be a part of this! Lets do this!

Default World Gym

Hi guys, I just wanted to say that World Gym has decided to sponsor me for the duration of the Transformation Challenge. They were very pleasant to deal with and their location is great.

You guys should try to get sponsored by a gym near you, if you can try World Gym. I just had to spread the word.

WORKOUT:

DAY 1 Chest and Calves
    DAY 2 Back
    DAY 3 Off
    DAY 4 Arms and Forearms
    DAY 5 Shoulders and Calves
    DAY 6 Legs
    DAY 7 Off

(1) Chest

Incline Smith Machine Press or Incline Barbell Press: 3 sets (4-8 reps)
    Incline Dumbbell Presses 2 set (6-8 reps)
    Hammer Incline press: 1 set
    Dumbbell or Machine Flyes 2 sets (8-10 reps)

(2) Calves

Standing Calf Raises or Calf Presses on Leg Press machine 1 set (15 reps)
    Seated Calf Raises 1 set (15 reps)

(3) Back

Lat Pull-Downs or Pull-ups 3 sets (8-12 reps)
    Bent over Barbell Rows: 3 sets (8-10 reps)
    One-arm Dumbbell Rows 2 sets (8-10 reps)
    Machine Rows 3 sets (4-8 reps)
    Hyperextensions 2 sets (15-20 reps)

(4) Arms

(A) Biceps

Single-arm cable or dumbbell curls 2 sets (8-10 reps)
    Single-arm dumbbell hammer curls 2 sets (8-10 reps)
    Single-arm dumbbell preacher curls or concentration curls 3 sets (8-10 reps)

(B) Forearms

Dumbbell reverse wrist curls 2 sets (15 reps)
    Dumbbell wrist curls 2 sets (15 reps)

(C) Triceps

One arm pushdowns 2 sets (10 reps)
    One-arm reverse grip cable pull-downs 2 sets (8-10 reps)
    One-arm overhead dumbbell (or cable) triceps extensions: 2 set (8-10 reps)
    Dumbbell or cable kickbacks 2 sets (8-10 reps)

(5) Shoulders

Machine press or Dumbbell press—3 sets (4-10 reps)
    Machine Lateral raises (one arm at time) 2 sets (8-10 reps)
    Dumbbell or cable front raises 2 sets (10 reps)
    Bent-over Dumbbell (or cable) raises- rear delts 2 sets (8-10)
    Shrugs (dumbbell or barbell) 2 sets (8-12 reps)

(6) Legs

Squats 4 sets (4-12 reps)
    Leg press or Hack Squat: 2 sets (10 reps)
    Leg extensions: 2 sets (6-10 rep): 1 set (8 reps) one leg at a time
    Single-leg standing or two-leg lying Hamstring curls: 2 sets (10 reps)

(7) Abdominals

Leg lifts 2 sets (25-50 reps)
    Crunches 2 sets (25-50 reps)
    Side Crunches 2 sets (10-20 reps to each side)

WOMENS WORKOUT NO SHRUGS ,DEADLIFTS ,LEG PRESSES ADD REVERSE LUNGES

EVERYONE HAS A ROCKY INSIDE
    NEVER GIVE UP!NEVER GIVE UP!NEVER GIVE UP!

bodybymrg@hotmail.com
    516-557-4192

Thumbs up FAITH

FAITH IS TO BELIVE IN WHAT YOU DONT SEE
    AND THE REWARD OF FAITH IS TO SEE WHAT WE BELIVE

THIS IS AN INSIDE JOB
    YOU ARE GREAT AND ALREADY HAVE THE BODY YOU WANT
    bodybymrg@hotmail.com
    516-557-4192

Default Cardio after workout....

I normally do morning cardio, but I want to start doing cardio after my workouts too, so my question is, should I take my Shake right after my workout, or can I do my 1 hour of cardio first and then take my shake, and does it really matter for cardio? Because I know your muscles need protein right after the workout, but would taking a shake affect the effectiveness of cardio? I hope I was clear with this, because I'm confused. Thanks.

Also, I already started this diet and the workout too (copied from last Transformation Challenge). Today was my first day, I also took my starting pictures already and have my stats as well, when should I post them? Thanks again.
    Last edited by Ludo; November 4th, 2008 at 01:24 AM. Reason: Added extra info on start date

Default VIDEO/PICS WEIGH IN

EVERY WEEK VIDEO YOURSELF AND YOUR WEIGH IN MAKE SURE TO SHOW THE WEIGHT ON FILM,THIS IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE THIS IS GOING TO BE A MAINSTEAM TV SHOW BY THE WAY MAKE SURE YOU ARE DRINKING A DIET COKE AND HOW IT IS HELPING YOU WITH YOUR DIET ,I AM NOT A WATER DRIKER YOU CAN DRINK IT BUT DIET COKE TASTE MUCH BETTER,AND IT MAKES MY ARMS LOOK BIGGER WHEN I HOLD IT.
    REMEMBER JAROD
    bodybymrg@hotmail.com
    516-557-4192

I'm a little confused...should we really video our weigh in? I'm lost here.

Smile LUDO ONLY SMILE FACES ON THIS SITE

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    I normally do morning cardio, but I want to start doing cardio after my workouts too, so my question is, should I take my Shake right after my workout, or can I do my 1 hour of cardio first and then take my shake, and does it really matter for cardio? Because I know your muscles need protein right after the workout, but would taking a shake affect the effectiveness of cardio? I hope I was clear with this, because I'm confused. Thanks.

Also, I already started this diet and the workout too (copied from last Transformation Challenge). Today was my first day, I also took my starting pictures already and have my stats as well, when should I post them? Thanks again.
    AFTER YOUR CARDIO HAVE YOUR MEAL SHAKE ,OR WHAT EVER YOU ARE GOING TO EAT.WE NEVER EAT ARE PROTEIN AFTER TRAINING ONLY WHEN WE ARE DIETING.OKAY LUCKY LUDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    bodybymrg@hotmail.com
    516-557-4192

Default Cardio

Okay Mr. G I got it now, thanks a lot for your kind words of encouragement.

Default VIDEO/PICS WEIGH IN

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    I'm a little confused...should we really video our weigh in? I'm lost here.
    WE CAN USE IT LATER FOR THE TV SJOW

EVERYONE HAS A ROCKY INSIDE
    bodybymrg@hotmail.com
    516-557-4192

Page 7 of 58 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161757 ... LastLast