Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: 3rd TEAM MD-- MHP TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE

Default Which Diet?

Which diet should we follow, Mr.G's or Dave's? They seem to be a little different. Also, are we allowed to use any of these: Creatine (CEE), Glutamine, HMB, AAKG & Beta Alanine? Thanks.
    Last edited by Ludo; November 4th, 2008 at 11:36 AM.
    "Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right" -Henry Ford

Quote Originally Posted by Ludo View Post
    Which diet should we follow, Mr.G's or Dave's? They seem to be a little different. Also, are we allowed to use any of these: Creatine (CEE), Glutamine, HMB, AAKG & Beta Alanine? Thanks.
    FOLLOW THE DIET THAT DAVE POSTED, WHICH IS ALSO THE ONE ON THE TRANSFORMATION CHALLENGE WEB PAGE.

Mr. G posted a generic version of Dave's diet, the one Dave posted is tailored to the challenge.

...wish I was on an island...near St. Lucia perhaps...

oh...another question...then I think I'm good for a bit ...but cardio...how much and how often?

Quote Originally Posted by rmenyin27 View Post
    oh...another question...then I think I'm good for a bit ...but cardio...how much and how often?
    good question I was just gonna post this too LOL

Default CARDIO

MEN AND WOMEN (woman I guess) - START WITH 45 MINUTES EVERY DAY.

Cardio must be low intensity – you heart rate should be below 130 bpm. For most people, 130 is too high and you are best around 110-120. For example, on the treadmill stay below a speed of 3.3 and incline no higher than 2.0.

You can use other cardio equipment besides the treadmill, but it must be the same low intensity.

The only times to do cardio are first thing in the morning on an empty stomach or after lifting. NOT BEFORE LIFTING EVER.

EVERY MINUTE OF CARDIO IS CRITICAL.

Default FIRST TASK

EMAIL ME YOUR DAY 1 PICTURES AND WEIGHT ASAP. DAVE WANTS ME TO HAVE EVERYONE'S PIC OVER TO HIM RIGHT AWAY.

I NEED YOU ALL TO GET ME THE PICS BY TONIGHT. YOU SHOULD HAVE MY EMAIL ALREADY, IF NOT SEND ME A PM.

okay! I'll be home around 5 so I'll have the pictures you this afternoon!

Dedicated Noob

Guys, thanks for posting the diets and workout plans. I am going to be following right along. All the best to everyone who is officially in and unofficially in. LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!

warning **change is on the way**

I will be home a little later tonight (8PM CST). I will PM weight and pics then

Can anyone clarify one thing for me? Mr G said not to take a protein shake after training (thats what I took from the post anyways). I do cardio right after my workout. Can I take the shake right after my cardio? or is that a no no?

Hi Bro

This point was cleared up on NBR yesterday. In a Nutshell Dave said that if you do your cardio after your weight training you are still keeping that anabolic window open thus its fine to have your shake AFTER your cardio (and not inbetween the weight training and the cardio)

Quote Originally Posted by renegaderows View Post
    I will be home a little later tonight (8PM CST). I will PM weight and pics then

Can anyone clarify one thing for me? Mr G said not to take a protein shake after training (thats what I took from the post anyways). I do cardio right after my workout. Can I take the shake right after my cardio? or is that a no no?
    Be the Change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Pan View Post
    Hi Bro

This point was cleared up on NBR yesterday. In a Nutshell Dave said that if you do your cardio after your weight training you are still keeping that anabolic window open thus its fine to have your shake AFTER your cardio (and not inbetween the weight training and the cardio)
    nice catch! thanks P!

Anyway Gang - Its 23.30 over here in Cyprus and i am off to bed.

Have a great day

Pan
    Be the Change you want to see in the world - Mahatma Gandhi

Okay...so starting stats...UGH
    #215.5
    I measure my right and left sides...but they're the same...so I'll just give one instead of duplicating it...unless they change...
    calves: 17.5"
    arms: 17.5"
    thigh: 29"
    hips: 44.5"
    stomach: 38.5"
    chest: 44"
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thumbs up MEALS AFTER CARDIO

Quote Originally Posted by Pan View Post
    Hi Bro

EAT YOUR FOOD AFTER CARDIO ,WMEN YOU WEIGHT TRAIN AND DO CARDIO THEN HAVE YOUR MEAL.

EVERYONE HAS A ROCKY INSIDE
    bodybymrg@hotmail.com
    516-557-4192

Spotter

Default Monday and Tuesdays 'War Report' (borrowed from Thundergod1)

(1) Chest
    Bench or Dumbell press 3 sets (4-8 reps) 145lbs x10 185lbs x8 185lbs x6 225lbs x2
    Incline Smith Machine Press or Incline Barbell Press: 3 sets (4-8 reps) 135lbs x8 135lbs x8 135lbs x7
    Incline Dumbbell Presses 3 sets (6-8 reps) 55lbs x10 65lbs x8 65lbs x9
    Dumbbell or Machine Flyes 3 sets (8-10 reps) 25lbs x12 30lbs x10 40lbs x7
    (2) Calves
    Standing Calf Raises or Calf Presses on Leg Press machine 2 set (15 reps) 360lbs x20 360lbs x20
    Seated Calf Raises 2 set (15 reps) 230lbs x15 230lbs x15
    (3) Back
    Lat Pull-Downs or Pull-ups 3 sets (8-12 reps) 130lbs x12 150lbs x10 150lbs x10 160lbs x8
    Deadlifts 3 sets (4-8 reps) 135lbs x12 225lbs x8 225lbs x8 275lbs x4
    T-bar or Bent over Barbell Rows: 3 sets (8-10 reps) 90lbs x8 90lbs x8 90lbs x8
    One-arm Dumbbell Rows 2 sets (8-10 reps) 60lbs x12 70lbs x10 75lbs x10
    Machine Rows 2 sets (4-8 reps) 150lbs x12 160lbs x8 160lbs x8
    Hyperextensions 2 sets (15-20 reps) BW x15 BW x15

Cardio 60mins on a treadmill 2.8mph @ 2% incline

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by bermyguy View Post
    Guys, thanks for posting the diets and workout plans. I am going to be following right along. All the best to everyone who is officially in and unofficially in. LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!

warning **change is on the way**
    Way to go Bermyguy taking the initiative!

HEY GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE ENVOLVED THE LAST CHALLENGE WAS GREAT AND I LEARNED ALOT. I STILL FOLLOW DAVES DIET AND EVERYTHING IS GOING GREAT. AND I WISH YOU ALL THE BEST IF THERE IS ANYTHING I CAN DO TO HELP LET ME KNOW... ENJOY THIS CHALLENGE I DID AND REMEMBER YOU CAN DO ANYTHING YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO AND NEVER GIVE UP. THANKS MR G, DAVE, AND MHP FOR CHANGEING MY LIFE.....
    GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS
    BIG RED

Page 9 of 58 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast