Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 18 to 34 of 97

Thread: GDA's

  1. #18
    Behemoth Steve56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    LOL>>> I was agreeing with your statements and solidifying them with my comment!!! I need to re-evaluate my comments...

    haha lol i was confused.. its all good, im learning a lot from reading your posts man.. i was reading Scoobys contest prep thread and what you guys did was amazing!! Thanks for sharing you knolwedge, Im learning a ton!!

    Steve

  2. #19
    Bro Scientist Tipsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Ft. Myers Florida
    Posts
    5,943

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ioannou View Post
    haha lol i was confused.. its all good, im learning a lot from reading your posts man.. i was reading Scoobys contest prep thread and what you guys did was amazing!! Thanks for sharing you knolwedge, Im learning a ton!!

    Steve
    GUYS was exactly right. I cant take that much credit for him solely because he came to me or I found him at a point when he was reading the right chapter but just wasnt on the right page. I cant take much credit but being the true libra I am I'll go with 50%...
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

  3. #20
    Behemoth Steve56's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,862

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    GUYS was exactly right. I cant take that much credit for him solely because he came to me or I found him at a point when he was reading the right chapter but just wasnt on the right page. I cant take much credit but being the true libra I am I'll go with 50%...
    .

    lol yea 50/50 im a libra too

  4. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Ioannou View Post
    Yes i am... but the only thing was i had to play with the numbers because im coming of off a keto contest diet... and the fluctuations of carbs from day to day wasnt working and i was having mood swings like if i was dieting!! But i played with the numbers and its much much better, i really have not gained a lot of weight since my show 2 weeks ago because im trying to stay lean and hit up another show in September and another in November so im not looking for huge weight gains just 3-5 pounds of solid weight at the most...


    numbers look like this now high days - carbs 360 and medium days 260 and low days 200...my metabolism is really humming right now im not doing any cardio and I have to keep bumping up my calories...but all in all 2 weeks i put on 2 solid pounds while bf stayed the same!!! and No cardio!!
    Good to hear man....
    THE OFFICIAL DC TRAINING!! AVAILABLE NOW! http://www.jasonwojo.com/dvd.html

  5. #22
    Bro Scientist NYC BIG MIKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    I NEED A NAP!!!
    Posts
    3,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    Is that a bad thing???...lol

    Not at all, LOL.


    NYC BIG MIKE

  6. #23

    Default

    Tipsta what is the protocol for the saturation point? same on training and non training days?!

  7. #24
    Behemoth johngorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bolivar, Mo.
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    one thing i have found out for sure, chrom. and vanadyl work damn well with cheat food and with supersaturation.

    i took the whole week off last week and ate a shitload of pizza, and other stuff all week. it was ridiculous, or so i thought at the time, but i made myself do it to get recharged back up for 13 weeks of dieting. i had GDA's the whole time with all my meals (sometimes even a double dose if i ate a whole pizza), and by the time i got back into the gym on monday and lifted, it seriously changed the way i looked totally. my buddy couldnt believe the changes in just that week on how different i looked. it was druglike for me because i gained about 8 lbs, but my damn pinch total didnt change one bit. (water weight mostly!) the GDA's helped with keeping the nutrients entering the muscle instead of being stored in the fat cell............so, i believe i supersaturated the cell that last week (the week prior i was keto for a week to deplete for the junk food week just to test and see how it would work). basically it was just like loading the last week, except i didnt watch my water and all that because i wasnt competing! that, and i did it all with mostly high gi carbs, and a shitload of them at that. damn that pizza was good......lol!

    one of the experts correct me if i am wrong here.............

    one other thing, i will never go without GDA's from now on. whether i am competing, off season, or just a fat lazy slob who doesnt lift (that will never happen), it makes sense that if you eat garbage, taking the GDA's will help with keeping the fat cell out of the equation.

  8. #25
    Beach Body lighthvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johngorman View Post
    one thing i have found out for sure, chrom. and vanadyl work damn well with cheat food and with supersaturation.

    i took the whole week off last week and ate a shitload of pizza, and other stuff all week. it was ridiculous, or so i thought at the time, but i made myself do it to get recharged back up for 13 weeks of dieting. i had GDA's the whole time with all my meals (sometimes even a double dose if i ate a whole pizza), and by the time i got back into the gym on monday and lifted, it seriously changed the way i looked totally. my buddy couldnt believe the changes in just that week on how different i looked. it was druglike for me because i gained about 8 lbs, but my damn pinch total didnt change one bit. (water weight mostly!) the GDA's helped with keeping the nutrients entering the muscle instead of being stored in the fat cell............so, i believe i supersaturated the cell that last week (the week prior i was keto for a week to deplete for the junk food week just to test and see how it would work). basically it was just like loading the last week, except i didnt watch my water and all that because i wasnt competing! that, and i did it all with mostly high gi carbs, and a shitload of them at that. damn that pizza was good......lol!

    one of the experts correct me if i am wrong here.............

    one other thing, i will never go without GDA's from now on. whether i am competing, off season, or just a fat lazy slob who doesnt lift (that will never happen), it makes sense that if you eat garbage, taking the GDA's will help with keeping the fat cell out of the equation.
    Def a fat guy's insurance policy lol

    I was using the GDAs after my last show and I was eating a ton of clean foods with cheats here and there and l looked like I could get on stage in a week or two if I did some cardio. Buuuut, once I got closer to my next show I fell off the wagon for a bit cause I knew there would be no cheats for a few months lol

    But I agree, for most endomorphs like you and I, GDAs are something I will never go without again.

  9. #26

    Default

    Alright maybe these are stupid questions, but I have absolutely no drug knowledge. I read the GDA thread before but its sort of confusing. I understand their purpose but where do you get them? Are they expensive? Im pretty sure they arent "steroids" by any means.

    Tipsa, I made your move to white potatoes as my favorite choice for post-workout carbs and liking it. I also like the fact that they are dry carbs to boot.

  10. #27
    Beach Body lighthvy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    749

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Still Learning View Post
    Alright maybe these are stupid questions, but I have absolutely no drug knowledge. I read the GDA thread before but its sort of confusing. I understand their purpose but where do you get them? Are they expensive? Im pretty sure they arent "steroids" by any means.

    Tipsa, I made your move to white potatoes as my favorite choice for post-workout carbs and liking it. I also like the fact that they are dry carbs to boot.
    Theyre the cheapest supps you will have in your arsenal, but probably the most effective. Scoobysnacks sells them in one pill for like $10 and is a real good deal.

    No they def arent steroids, theyre just minerals lol... just forms of chromium & vanadium

  11. #28
    Behemoth johngorman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Bolivar, Mo.
    Posts
    1,507

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Still Learning View Post
    Alright maybe these are stupid questions, but I have absolutely no drug knowledge. I read the GDA thread before but its sort of confusing. I understand their purpose but where do you get them? Are they expensive? Im pretty sure they arent "steroids" by any means.

    Tipsa, I made your move to white potatoes as my favorite choice for post-workout carbs and liking it. I also like the fact that they are dry carbs to boot.
    order from either vitaglo.com (solaray actichrom 200 mg), and from vitamin world (vanadyl sulfate 10 mg).

    looks like scooby has a solid source on his website, nattynutrition.com . so there are a couple places.

    and no, they are not steroids! lol, they are cheap and effective. i have a friend of mine taking them and she competes in NANBF shows. they are fine.

    if you made the switch to white potato, wait until you add the GDA's. big difference once you do that.

  12. #29

    Default

    Can someone be so kind as to sum all of this up? We should have some GDA's for dummies much like how we have the Dave Palumbo's diet formula...lol.

    So in terms of the GDA's, what to take, and how much (roughly) and what are the best products?

  13. #30

    Default

    Meals 1,2,4,6. 200 mcg of Chrompoly 10 mg ov van. IMO but the slin-trol it is cheaper than buying both of the minerals seperate. 1 pill is all that is needed with meals. Double it up if you cheat. But if you read the older GDA thread all the information you need is in there. Get some and see that its not just hype its one of those things that actually work even know lost around here are very skeptical.

  14. #31

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CINCYKID View Post
    Meals 1,2,4,6. 200 mcg of Chrompoly 10 mg ov van. IMO but the slin-trol it is cheaper than buying both of the minerals seperate. 1 pill is all that is needed with meals. Double it up if you cheat. But if you read the older GDA thread all the information you need is in there. Get some and see that its not just hype its one of those things that actually work even know lost around here are very skeptical.
    I'm gonna read through that thread this weekend. It's just that at the office I don't have time/can't be online all day...well, most days! LOL.

    But yeah, being an endo (I have to try VERY HARD to prevent my body from doing what it naturally wants to do), I think adding GDAs to my offseason supplementation arsenal will take my physique to new and (leaner) levels!

  15. #32

    Default

    I was told on another forum on Ketosis I should only take GDA's with my cheat meal ..Is this true, I'm following Dave's diet so I only have one cheat meal a week... As opposed to a "cheat day" or two..

  16. #33

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    So if one were to have an insane cheat meal, like an all you can stuff your face in 2 hours type deal, how much vanadyl/chrom prior?

    Does 20mg V and 400mg Chrom sound about right or should it even be a little higher.
    It's not a magic bullet man. Don't stuff your face like that. Use some self-control.

  17. #34
    Bro Scientist NYC BIG MIKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    I NEED A NAP!!!
    Posts
    3,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    Fuck that shit I'm doing Daves diet and I'm friggin puttin down some food on my once a week cheat meal.

    And my question wasn't answered....

    If you're doing Dave's diet then you should be informed that Dave doesn't advocate stuffing your face like you suggested. He says to keep it under 500 grams of carbs.

    NYC BIG MIKE

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •