Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: GDA's

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here, but for your cheat meal (assuming you want to double up on the chomium and the vanadyl) take 200 mcg of the chomium and 10 mg of the vanadly with your first bite, and other 200 chomium and 10 vanadyl with your last bite.

I think that should ENSURE that all of the carbs gets shoved tightly into your muscles...also assuming you have been depleted properly.

This just occured to me...and perhaps I'm having a brain FART here, but how does chom/vana shove the carbs into muscles and not fat cells? What or how or why does it put it into muscle vs. fat? I mean, at some point, wouldn't you still spill over?

Also, does the amount of chom/vana relate to how many grams of carbs are in the meal?
    Last edited by jackedrabbit; July 12th, 2008 at 01:03 PM.

just so you know junior, dave doesnt really believe in GDA's. he thinks their voodoo bodybuilding. This is somethin im very interested in studying up on. Im endo as well and also on the palumbo diet. I just switched back to it, had previously had great success, then went to a low carb, HATED IT, SELF TORTURE is all that was. one day back on palumbo, and im hot as hell all the time, no cravings, never hungry, feel like a million dollars. 100 % turnaround. Anyway are the GDA's similiar to whats in say cheaters relief or somethin.... im gonna do some more studyin, sorry i posted before i researched.

Quote Originally Posted by Junior View Post
    there's no way i'll make it to 500g carbs. My eyes are bigger the my stomach but I have intentions of puttin down a NICE meal....probably 200-300 carbs max.

Then you're good to go.

NYC BIG MIKE

must have missed that one, the ones I read he didnt really talk like he believed in them a whole lot. Also he's not a big believer in amino acid supps (as long as a proper diet is being used) or ala. have you used them with your cheat? im gonna get some and see if it really helps the muscles fill back out when I consume my cheat.

Who thinks it would be better to take the GDA's than it would be to take fat and carb blockers with my cheat?

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSNOR View Post
    must have missed that one, the ones I read he didnt really talk like he believed in them a whole lot. Also he's not a big believer in amino acid supps (as long as a proper diet is being used) or ala. have you used them with your cheat? im gonna get some and see if it really helps the muscles fill back out when I consume my cheat.

Who thinks it would be better to take the GDA's than it would be to take fat and carb blockers with my cheat?

The so-called carb blockers on the market that you see in health food stores contain Chromium Polynicotinate and ALA among a few others. They are essentially GDA's.

NYC BIG MIKE

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSNOR View Post

If the latter worked, it would defeat the purpose of the cheat.

good point, okay what about a cheat meal when your not sopposed to be eating a cheat meal. which would be better then?? haha im craving sugar free pudding and cant have any more cheats right now, but feel like im gonna snap. Pisses me off how they call it sugar free, when you have to add milk and it has 11grams of sugar and 11 grams of carbs per serving and thats the fat free super skim, and the pudding has carbs too, i probably wont cheat, just curious.

anyone ever try HCA? I personally used v.s. and ala together.

i have tried HCA(Citrimax) and thought it was total waste of money.

Quote Originally Posted by RailZ View Post
    anyone ever try HCA? I personally used v.s. and ala together.
    Chromium is the co-factor and a component of insulin and should be your primary tool.
    TRAIN HARD AND WIN EASY!!!
    Co-Promoter of the NPC "Royal Palm Classic"

Quote Originally Posted by Apex23 View Post
    i have tried HCA(Citrimax) and thought it was total waste of money.
    Along with ala I agree.

NOTHING can match the king of the hills. Chrome and vanadyl.

Any benefit to taking GDAs on a low-carb diet to further lower/restrict insulin for fat burning purposes Tipsta? Or is it overkill?

Just so no one is left wondering, GDA's mimic the effects of insulin in that they shuttle nutrients into muscle cells. Unlike insulin they do not store nutrients as fat. So, if GDA's are doing some of the work of insulin, then less endogenous insulin is needed. Less insulin less fat gain! Chromium is a co-factor to insulin, meaning insulin can't do it's job without chromium being present. So, if your chromium deficient your body will think it hasn't produced enough insulin, therefore producing more, higher spikes lead to higher fat accumulation. Side-note, avoid using GDA's within one hour of working out, you may develop low-blood sugar.

Quote Originally Posted by jackedrabbit View Post
    Any benefit to taking GDAs on a low-carb diet to further lower/restrict insulin for fat burning purposes Tipsta? Or is it overkill?

Do you know what GDA stands for?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss View Post
    Just so no one is left wondering, GDA's mimic the effects of insulin in that they shuttle nutrients into muscle cells. Unlike insulin they do not store nutrients as fat. So, if GDA's are doing some of the work of insulin, then less endogenous insulin is needed. Less insulin less fat gain! Chromium is a co-factor to insulin, meaning insulin can't do it's job without chromium being present. So, if your chromium deficient your body will think it hasn't produced enough insulin, therefore producing more, higher spikes lead to higher fat accumulation. Side-note, avoid using GDA's within one hour of working out, you may develop low-blood sugar.

Where did you learn these facts?

Quote Originally Posted by Tipsta View Post
    Do you know what GDA stands for?
    glucose disposal agent

I asked only because I was thinking that maybe GDAs can be used as a further precaution during low-carbing?

Perhaps I am confused. Actually, I am. I'm just here to learn.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast