Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bench Press Question

Amateur Threat

Quote Originally Posted by CaveMan View Post
    Called floor presses. Helps top end strength in the bench. Just never seen them done with legs straight.
    As I hear it, Stalin used to have his troops do it this way. I am not quite sure what it accomplished, but there is a trainer at my gym who seems to swear by this range of motion, only on a bench where the leg drive cannot be taken out of the equation.

Beach Body

damn he's cool

Not a stable position on the bench, potentially dangerous at heavy weights.
    I wouldn't read much into it, it's probably how the kids in Dorchester executed it at the time ...
    UkrainianGuy,you cracked me up with this

Quote Originally Posted by crash2226 View Post
    I think its scary that you were actually watching the video.
    HHHmmmmmm.........do you have Barry Manilow on your Ipod??
    Or this one ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsxX3...rsist_locale=1
    Last edited by Peri; July 14th, 2008 at 06:09 AM.

i love the hand grips part lol
    Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

It's kind of funny - it's easy to make fun of Marky Marky and the training he does in a video - we don't really know if he actually worked out in such a fashion, had a home gym, worked out with a professional trainer - or if that was creative license from the video director.

But I will say this, Wahlberg been working out for decades. Certainly not like a professional bodybuilder, but how many millions of Americans (or people in other nations) never stay dedicated to working out for such a length of time? There's never been a movie made where he wasn't physically fit, so he maintains a decent lifestyle that allows him a decent physique - most likely a natural one.

Furthermore, there are some threads on some forums that focus on how to work out when you lack a) money and access to a professional gym or b) a good home gym. Some creative people have made hand-crafted racks and makeshift weights to train with, as well as supplement that with calesthenics or other bodyweight exercises.

Just throwing that out there. What Marky Mark lacked in form or sophistication 20 years ago in a rap video didn't prevent him from having a good body then, or prevent him from maintaining it since then.

Oh, and one last thing, this next movie he's going to be in looks pretty good.

(just providing an opposing view for the sake of conversation - have fun, gang!)

Attached Images Attached Images
    Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12