Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

View Poll Results: What Day Do You Deadlift?

Voters
399. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leg Day

38 9.52%
  • Back Day

318 79.70%
  • I Don't Deadlift

23 5.76%
  • Other - Explain

20 5.01%
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: DEADLIFT

Banned

x2 comletly agree..

Dead lift on back day and stiff legged deadlift on leg day...training days for leg and back are not on consecutive days

i deadlift on leg days because i think deadlift is more a lower body movement (lower back, hams, glutes etc)

I do straight leg deads on leg day and conventional deadlifts on back day. I do straight leg deads every week.

Nobody

I always do deadlifts first on back day, and stiff leg deads last on leg day

i would say back day but i train quads and hams not on the same day so when doing hams i do deadlifts before stiff leg deadlift. But the guys helping me prep right now wants me to stop doing deadlifts because his opinion is that it will grow you waist and he says my waist is to big....
    TEAM QUADRO!!!
    TEAM WOLF!!!

Mass Monster GeorgeForemanRules's Avatar

Did deads for at best one year then dropped them, glad as hell I made that move.

Ran into a few guys from my gym I trained in back in the late 80's all of them are fucked up now, they all powerlifted and regret it big time now.
    Diversity is a code word for White Genocide

I do full dead lift on back day and solid leg dead lift on legs day.

Iron Addict

OLD SCHOOL EXERCISES YOU SHOULD BE DOING

http://generationiron.com/old-school...ould-be-doing/

Pinch Grip Deadlift

for me...deadlift is a day to itself

Little Guy

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgeForemanRules View Post
    Did deads for at best one year then dropped them, glad as hell I made that move.

Ran into a few guys from my gym I trained in back in the late 80's all of them are fucked up now, they all powerlifted and regret it big time now.
    HAHHAHAH what a crazy and awesome post, as well as your sig, Jesus Christ!

As for me, squats are what ruined my leg. Deads can overtrain the low back and possibly create disc damage in extreme cases but I've always felt squats to be 100x more dangerous. The rebound from the hole even if done right still creates very high pressure on the knees, quads, and low back. I've popped discs, torn quads, knee damage, even shoulder and forearm strains from heavy squats. Had a few low back muscle strains and one lat strain from deads which is nothing in comparison to the permanent damage squats have done to me.

I did my best and was the most injury free when I did banded box squats once a week (Westside style) and deads once every other week. In a month I'd train deads twice, once out of the rack somewhere below the knee, the other time off the floor. Up to a one rep max. Lots of reverse hypers, hamstring and ab work to finish the workout. When I started free squatting regularly it destroyed my deadlift (overtrained low back) and quad started popping and eventually tore around IT band area.

My best squat is 860 raw in a meet, with wraps. Best DL in a meet raw was 777 but in the gym with straps and some hitching I've pulled 903 and 925 (grip was the issue with meet deads).

Little Guy

I have been training for a 10 years. I just started doing deadlifts for the last year. Now i know what was lacking in my back routine. In just a few months my back really added thickness. I would do my deadlifts at the start of my back workout. I would do 5 sets, the last set i would do my 1rm.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567