Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Police Officers Who are also Bodybuilders/Powerlifters?

Default Police Officers Who are also Bodybuilders/Powerlifters?

Just wondering if there are any cops or ex-cops on here. Considering doing this myself.

Just wondering if any of you were BBers or powerlifters during your time as a police officer. Was it hard/possible doing both or did you find it pretty convenient??

Thanks for any input.

Banned

im going to school to be a police officer and i think it would be hard to compete cause most stations have 12 hour shifts and u olny get one lunch break it would be impossible to get all your required nutrition

put a cooler in your trunk

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pumptheiron View Post
    put a cooler in your trunk
    you might not have time if its not slow

3 solid meals a day with 3 shakes in between. Good to go.

Spotter

Im also worrying about this situation because im planning on being a PO after graduating college. I know there are a couple of current police officers down here that are regional/national level bodybuilders.

Why do you pay to go to college to become a police officer...sounds stupid

Prepare to be uncomfortable ALL THE TIME, soft body armor, all the gear, Jesus juice, cuffs, portable, etc,etc,
    Squeezing into your shop (car).

If you really want to be a Good cop, and it is priority #1 stay lean and strong, flexible and quick.
    ..Like screw the cool combat boots and wear the ripple sole shoes.

Some departments do not allow you to 'graze' ; ie.. get free stuff; food, or receive a discount from restaurants, most do, so get a free grilled sandwich and toss the bread.
    Food is no problem!!

You can be VERY strong and Lean!, just look at Curt James!!!

P.S. The badge will get you all the pussy you want!, But it only takes one pussy to get your badge!
    I was married by a judge. I should of asked for a jury. -Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by daeagles View Post
    Some departments, such as Chicago, require at least an Associates degree to even get admitted to the police academy. And you have to have a 4 year degree to be promoted to the higher positions.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanVegas88 View Post
    Just wondering if there are any cops or ex-cops on here. Considering doing this myself.

Just wondering if any of you were BBers or powerlifters during your time as a police officer. Was it hard/possible doing both or did you find it pretty convenient??

Thanks for any input.
    I am very good friends with a national level competitor/cop. And the district he is in here in Chicago is not considered slow by ANY means. He handles it. He even does security at our gym as a side job. He's prepping for North Americans now.

I can't give you much more info than that. He does it though.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoGirl View Post
    Some departments, such as Chicago, require at least an Associates degree to even get admitted to the police academy. And you have to have a 4 year degree to be promoted to the higher positions.
    Join the Air Force or Navy get all the experience you need and paid...just dumb, but look who it is.

Quote Originally Posted by ChicagoGirl View Post
    I am very good friends with a national level competitor/cop. And the district he is in here in Chicago is not considered slow by ANY means. He handles it. He even does security at our gym as a side job. He's prepping for North Americans now.

I can't give you much more info than that. He does it though.
    What kind of gym do you train at that needs security?
    Its impossible for a guy of my stature intelligence and moral fibre to befriend a guy like orstki who is a slimey rodent like person

If Leo Ingram earned his pro card while serving active duty Navy, I'm willing to bet it's possible to do the same with a police officer's schedule. And have you ever watched Dallas SWAT, Detroit SWAT, etc. on TV? Some of those guys are huge!!!

Lots of time for meals and shakes, just get used to eating from your cooler in your patrol car or in front of a computer while doing reports.

The shift work can be a bit tricky while dieting due to some days being longer or shorter than others (just add or substract a meal as needed).

You can also end up working with a lot of guys around the same age and into training, which can be motivating. Depending of the dept, some also have good gyms in the stations.

Beach Body

It's really no different from any other job. You just have to want it.

The Academy will be a pretty tough to gain or even keep size, but that's only like 22 weeks (here anyway, depends on where you live I guess)

Ronnie Coleman was a cop for many many years, even when he was Mr.O for a while. Derek Poundstone is one of the USA's top strongmen and he's a cop. I know a guy up here who was a cop when he won the Highland Games 3 times and went onto 4th in Worlds Strongest Man in 1986 - Dusko "Dan" Markovic - his friends call his Streetcar LOL.

Those are just a few - so it can be done!!!!
    FORTUNE FAVORS THE BOLD

Beach Body

Quote Originally Posted by daeagles View Post
    How about, because departments don't want to hire someone who is uneducated.

I don't know how it is all over the country, but good luck trying to get a Law Enforcement job without having any college credits around here.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast