Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Army, Navy, Marines, or Coast Guard...Tell me stories...Im going to enlist

vargasty

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Loco View Post
    There are no two bones about it. As intense as you say you are, The Marines are the ones for you. THE most physicaly fit fighting force in the entire world. I'd give my soul to be able to go back.

Satan.........ya listnin?
    MAD RESPECT TO THE MARINES. You guys are the hardest MF'ers on the PLANET. I would have enlisted but I personally couldn't live in a wheel chair or without a limb and that is me being 100% truthful. I have no problem dieing for my country but I could never live being mamed for life, I'd rather die.

Quote Originally Posted by vargasty View Post
    I just enlisted in the Navy for 4 years after getitn my Associates Degree. My ship date is September 30. I have been told by people in the army and Marines that if you are going to enlist, go Navy or Air Force for obvious reasons. I spoke to recruiters for all branches and when I went to talk to a Navy recruiter I was pretty much sold. I am going in ranked as an E-3 because of my Degree, I will get an $8,000 bonus, not to mention every class you take in the military is FREE. When you get out, you are entitled to use your Montgomery GI bill for you or your family now which is like $41,000 and some change and will continue to go Up (Vote McCain!!!!!). It is important to understand that it is a committment but it is not a dreadful one like I used to believe. It is a normal 8 or 12 hour work day with the rest of the time off no matter what branch you are in including weekends off. If you work 12 hours shifts, you actually have a couple more off days. It is also important to realise that all branches have EQUAL pay for those who enlists and your pay increases based on your rank. You will go in making about $20,000 a year and it will gradually icnrease. It may seem like a small amount but all that money is going to the BANK. You do not have to pay for food, rent, or really anything unless you want do something on your own. You also are entitled to a uniform allowance and housing/food allowance after you meet that rank. I would suggest talking to a recruiter bro and then checking back with us here. My recruiter was the man, very upfront, but others can be deciecing as hell and see you as a paycheck.

im not a bro...im a sista

yea i was going to meet with the navy tomorrow too....
    i wouldnt mind working my way up to be a seal.

I don't believe there really are female Navy Seals, despite what GI Jane would like you to think.

vargasty

Quote Originally Posted by PowerMania View Post
    My friends always say how much they hate it.
    My brother in law is a Capitan in the army... a ranger. He loves it. How ever he can not go see fire works or go through tunnels anymore....but he loves it.
    But i like a structured life style.

I was going to join the air force 3 years ago...

I made Best friends with the requiter who lives in Atlanta now...who just made some phone calls for me.

He thinks I should go into the army.
    I actually just got off the phone with the army requiter.

But how do you know if your making the right decisions?!
    I think thats what scaring me.
    The only ones who hate it are those who score low on the ASVAB and have a paint brush. Military life is something else bro, everyone I know loves it. You wear your uniform and you eat/drink for free ANYWHERE and Deservingly.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisco915 View Post
    I don't see how anyone could hate it. Unless you're soft and not mentally strong and smart enough to see through the barking orders. Discipline and drive were things that got me through is with a smile on my face. I loved jumping out of helicopters under fire and blowing stuff up.

I had two friends that were sisters and they joined the AF and loved it so much they never came back. They are lifers.

No the fact and they make a decision. There is no room for second guessing. If you know all you the facts the decision should be easy. Am i going to Iraq? Yes you are? Will drill sargeants yell at me in Basic? Yes they will and give you tons of shit. Will I be on the move all the time? Yes you will. Will I find out about me and what I am made of? Hell yes and thay is more than worth the experience.

I think everyone shouuld have to serve. Knock that bitch chip off all the teens shoulders and give them a dose of reality.
    i really wish i did it when i was 18 years old. I wasted 6 years of productive life..lol

I just enlisted in the Navy for 4 years after getitn my Associates Degree. My ship date is September 30. I have been told by people in the army and Marines that if you are going to enlist, go Navy or Air Force for obvious reasons. I spoke to recruiters for all branches and when I went to talk to a Navy recruiter I was pretty much sold. I am going in ranked as an E-3 because of my Degree, I will get an $8,000 bonus, not to mention every class you take in the military is FREE. When you get out, you are entitled to use your Montgomery GI bill for you or your family now which is like $41,000 and some change and will continue to go Up (Vote McCain!!!!!). It is important to understand that it is a committment but it is not a dreadful one like I used to believe. It is a normal 8 or 12 hour work day with the rest of the time off no matter what branch you are in including weekends off. If you work 12 hours shifts, you actually have a couple more off days. It is also important to realise that all branches have EQUAL pay for those who enlists and your pay increases based on your rank. You will go in making about $20,000 a year and it will gradually icnrease. It may seem like a small amount but all that money is going to the BANK. You do not have to pay for food, rent, or really anything unless you want do something on your own. You also are entitled to a uniform allowance and housing/food allowance after you meet that rank. I would suggest talking to a recruiter bro and then checking back with us here. My recruiter was the man, very upfront, but others can be deciecing as hell and see you as a paycheck.
    What are the obvious reasons to join the Navy or Air Force? 41K?...my GI Bill was 100K. With a degree you should have been an E-4. Very true about recruiters....tell you one thing and then it never happens get it all in writing......from your recruiter before you sign anything.
    You know.......if you started saving your money today.......in a year or so....you could afford that sense of humor you so desparately need.

The only ones who hate it are those who score low on the ASVAB and have a paint brush. Military life is something else bro, everyone I know loves it. You wear your uniform and you eat/drink for free ANYWHERE and Deservingly.
    im not a bro....

i really wish i did it when i was 18 years old. I wasted 6 years of productive life..lol
    okay wait........i was in the same boat and didn't join until I was 34. You have plenty of time to do this. Just make sure you are ready for anything. no pre-conceived notions of the way it is going to be. Know where you are going and make sure you chose an MOS you want. i went for the MOS with the largest sign on bonus....and hated it....but luckily got transferred after our days at the range.
    You know.......if you started saving your money today.......in a year or so....you could afford that sense of humor you so desparately need.

Never look at any part of your life as wasted. You experienced life. You learned things. There's no waste in that. Besides, if you made the military a career you can retire at 44 yrs old. Hell, I'll be 44 this OCtober. I have TONS of life left to live.

im not a bro....
    With legs like that...you most certainly are not.

GM...aren't those nice legs???

Quote Originally Posted by chrisco915 View Post
    With legs like that...you most certainly are not.

GM...aren't those nice legs???
    then why does he keep callin me a bro sniff sniff sniff

Varg....my mistake.....I see the reason for the E-3......sorry.

then why does he keep callin me a bro sniff sniff sniff
    I don't know. Don't cry.....he just does know you put "the dirt in dirty" yet.

MAD RESPECT TO THE MARINES. You guys are the hardest MF'ers on the PLANET. I would have enlisted but I personally couldn't live in a wheel chair or without a limb and that is me being 100% truthful. I have no problem dieing for my country but I could never live being mamed for life, I'd rather die.
    Yah, O.K. Hardest? Until you work with S.O.G. or Rangers you can't say who is who as far as professionalism or durability.

Also, how would you know why people don't like their time in service? I didn't have a great time the whole time I was in but I am definitely glad I did my time.

I'm not trying to come across like a dick, but I wouldn't go telling a competitive bodybuilder what is what, because I've never stepped up there. Probably never will. I say let those who know dish out the advice. This is probably one of the top 3 biggest decisions she will make and you only get one chance.

you sound pretty set on joining one of the branches, so that being a given the best piece of advice i can give you is to enlist for the minimum amount of time possible. different MOS's have different minimum enlistment timeframes. if you like it you can re-enlist later, and if you dont then you wont be stuck for long. dont let a recruiter sweet talk you either, decide what you want and dont sign anything until you get it in writing.

BTW i am a sgt in the army working on my second deployment in iraq right now, so i know a thing or two....

Quote Originally Posted by chandler86 View Post
    you sound pretty set on joining one of the branches, so that being a given the best piece of advice i can give you is to enlist for the minimum amount of time possible. different MOS's have different minimum enlistment timeframes. if you like it you can re-enlist later, and if you dont then you wont be stuck for long. dont let a recruiter sweet talk you either, decide what you want and dont sign anything until you get it in writing.

BTW i am a sgt in the army working on my second deployment in iraq right now, so i know a thing or two....
    Hang in there bro. Baking on the beach....good for you. How much longer is your tour? Where are you out of?

GeorgeForemanRules

I am inspired now, at 40 I will also join up. All kidding aside, I wish I had joined at 18, I was going to but my father who is a Korean War vet would not allow it.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast