Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Army, Navy, Marines, or Coast Guard...Tell me stories...Im going to enlist

Quote Originally Posted by PowerMania View Post
    i had a screening... there is nothing wrong with me.
    I wasn't asking for you.
    You don't have to justify or defend yourself here.
    Dustin
    "The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."
    John Ruskin

Have to remember to choose a job that has good advancement. And definitely ask about the highest pay grade before u join E-3

i want to go active?

when are you leaving for basic?
    I don't know when I'll ship, I'm signing Tuesday (possibly Monday, now).

(I saw something about the fire school when i was scrolling through. That's what I'm doing p.s.)
    "I think Arnold had the sexiest body of all time... Arnold had that charming boy look and a body of a stallion"-google&pubmed

For Navy Firefighting advancement SUCKS

Quote Originally Posted by TGC View Post
    I don't know when I'll ship, I'm signing Tuesday (possibly Monday, now).

(I saw something about the fire school when i was scrolling through. That's what I'm doing p.s.)
    this is what i want to do after i get out of the military (if i get in)
    http://www.fs.fed.us/fire/people/smokejumpers/

i was talking to the airforce last night and my buddy who is in the airforce. He said that he doesnt think that woman can do that job. Not because they arnt capable of doing the job. Its the whole psycological factor of if a woman gets hurt its harder for a male to deal with it since their natural instinc is to "protect the woman". He told me not to take offence to it.
    I understand that 100%

Are you excited or what?

cant do firefighting? Or smoke jumping? Either way, I don't see why they couldn't.

this is what i want to do after i get out of the military (if i get in)
    http://www.fs.fed.us/fire/people/smokejumpers/

i was talking to the airforce last night and my buddy who is in the airforce. He said that he doesnt think that woman can do that job. Not because they arnt capable of doing the job. Its the whole psycological factor of if a woman gets hurt its harder for a male to deal with it since their natural instinc is to "protect the woman". He told me not to take offence to it.
    I understand that 100%

Are you excited or what?
    Oh I'm way excited, I'll tell anyone who will listen. ha. I talked to a company commander last night to get an extra approval (due to a prior law violation as a minor) and he got me even more pumped about it.
    I am going reserves but I want to go active so bad! Reserves was the compromise I made with my fiance.
    I was in a similar situation as you, I had talked to recruiters a few times before but never went beyond that. From when i took the ASVAB, to the physical i was getting more and more excited I hate that the process has even taken this long, now.
    "I think Arnold had the sexiest body of all time... Arnold had that charming boy look and a body of a stallion"-google&pubmed

Oh I'm way excited, I'll tell anyone who will listen. ha. I talked to a company commander last night to get an extra approval (due to a prior law violation as a minor) and he got me even more pumped about it.
    I am going reserves but I want to go active so bad! Reserves was the compromise I made with my fiance.
    I was in a similar situation as you, I had talked to recruiters a few times before but never went beyond that. From when i took the ASVAB, to the physical i was getting more and more excited I hate that the process has even taken this long, now.
    Dude what about your business?
    Not to put a damper on things, because I think it is great to want to serve your country and all, but have you made provisions for someone to take care of that for you while you are gone at boot and then your service time? How about if you do get called up to active?

Just asking because if you got employees that depend on that paycheck for their families, you have a responsibility to them as well.
    Dustin
    "The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."
    John Ruskin

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
    Dude what about your business?
    Not to put a damper on things, because I think it is great to want to serve your country and all, but have you made provisions for someone to take care of that for you while you are gone at boot and then your service time? How about if you do get called up to active?

Just asking because if you got employees that depend on that paycheck for their families, you have a responsibility to them as well.
    I think you have me confused with someone else, maybe swiper? He has a business and had a similar avatar. I am just a landscaper .
    But thanks for your concern, I think we have everything taken care of and planned for. Since you have the experience and hindsight is there anything you think people overlook?

How is basic when you are actually in it? I hear a lot of people say it WAS great, but how IS it?

I think you have me confused with someone else, maybe swiper? He has a business and had a similar avatar. I am just a landscaper .
    But thanks for your concern, I think we have everything taken care of and planned for. Since you have the experience and hindsight is there anything you think people overlook?

How is basic when you are actually in it? I hear a lot of people say it WAS great, but how IS it?
    I must - sorry for the confusion.

Things people tend to overlook -
    1. Bills. They still have to get paid while you are gone. Use automatic bill pay, web bill pay, or maybe your fiancee. Be careful with that last one, as horrible as it is to say, a lot of girls either leave their boyfriends and take their money while they are deployed or at training.
    2. Will. Get one or make sure your current one is up to date.
    3. Get your mail forwarded to someone who can screen it and will make sure to inform you of any surprises.
    4. Don't expect to take anything with you - they will issue you everything you need.
    5. Don't bother getting your hair cut - no body cares if you come with a sat haircut or not. No body cares what you look like when you get there. It is all about what you do while you are there.

Advice for while you are there - remember it is all a mental game. They do what they do to break you down and rebuild you into what they need you to be to make a good soldier. If you want to do well, always be loud and and be positive. Sweat the small stuff. Details are important - they are what kill you on the battlefield. Attention to detail will help you do better - especially when it comes to proper care and wear of the uniform.

Remember - it is yes _____ and no _____, not yeah or nah. This is an attention to detail.

don't get offended.

That's the best advice I can give - if you only remember two things in this post - remember attention to details and be positive.
    Dustin
    John Ruskin

great post

I agree. Thanks Nuke.

Dedicated Noob

I would go airforce I know tons of people who say they love the air force, and say they would have hated doing army or navy, they told me you basically get treated better in the air force than you would anywhere else.

Button Man

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSaiyanPump View Post
    I would go airforce I know tons of people who say they love the air force, and say they would have hated doing army or navy, they told me you basically get treated better in the air force than you would anywhere else.

The Airforce treats you nice, but promotion is very slow. I got promoted to E-6 in 5 1/2 years (I'm army). I have friends in the Airforce that have been in for 7 years and are still E-4's and one who's been in 8 years and just got promoted to E-5. I think that if you're going to wear the uniform, it shouldn't be a hard time to get promoted..

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdurden07 View Post
    The Airforce treats you nice, but promotion is very slow. I got promoted to E-6 in 5 1/2 years (I'm army). I have friends in the Airforce that have been in for 7 years and are still E-4's and one who's been in 8 years and just got promoted to E-5. I think that if you're going to wear the uniform, it shouldn't be a hard time to get promoted..

It is hard to get promoted. At least you can retire and e-5.

Powermania:consider being security forces for the air force. If you want to be a cop, that is the way to go.
    twitter: @badbadleroyb, www.leroysmayhem.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by bad bad leroy brown View Post
    It is hard to get promoted. At least you can retire and e-5.

Powermania:consider being security forces for the air force. If you want to be a cop, that is the way to go.
    worst job in the air force. I know of very few who are happy with this job.

Quote Originally Posted by supertick View Post
    worst job in the air force. I know of very few who are happy with this job.

I thought it was pretty good. I mean, you deal with a lot of shit, but they protect their own. Which was very important in my book.....now Navy Law enforcement is a different story
    twitter: @badbadleroyb, www.leroysmayhem.blogspot.com

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast