Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Army, Navy, Marines, or Coast Guard...Tell me stories...Im going to enlist

Quote Originally Posted by bad bad leroy brown View Post
    I mean, you deal with a lot of shit, but they protect their own.
    My friend, David, has a couple drinks and tries to drive onto base. The guy working the gate is in David's flight. The two have been to Iraq together, cleaned weapons together, etc... This guy tries arresting David because he smelled alcohol on David's breath!

There are a lot of stories like this within Security Forces.

It's not like the real cops.

Quote Originally Posted by supertick View Post
    My friend, David, has a couple drinks and tries to drive onto base. The guy working the gate is in David's flight. The two have been to Iraq together, cleaned weapons together, etc... This guy tries arresting David because he smelled alcohol on David's breath!

Then again, I was in the reserves so that may not happen like that with them.
    twitter: @badbadleroyb, www.leroysmayhem.blogspot.com

Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by ForemanRules View Post
    Did my tests today, have a medical screening next week.
    you say "American is a terrorist nation and that the military targets innocent civilians. America is a shit hole and you don't want to live here".

why would you want to join the military and fight and or die for a shit hole terrorist country that targets innocent civilians, as you say?
    hopefully you won't get accepted.

Good he was doing his job - I can't believe you are complaining because someone investigated a possible DUI. Idiot.
    Dustin
    "The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."
    John Ruskin

Quote Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
    Good he was doing his job - I can't believe you are complaining because someone investigated a possible DUI. Idiot.
    Oh fuck off nerd. This guy wasn't drunk. He had a couple drinks and the only thing suspicious was the smell on his breath when they spoke. There are rules by the book and then there is making a judgment call. So no one has ever cut you a break in your life? You only play by every rule there is? No bending or breaking for whatever reason? You need to pull your head out of your ass and realize that normal people with friends cut their friends a break when they can.
    Go ahead Hitler youth fire back with whatever smart ass loser comment you have. I've made my point.

PM- Good luck with determining which branch to serve with!

The Air Force side has done a lot to improve its physical fitness programs, but they are still way behind the Army...not sure about the Coasties or the Navy. Marines...nuff said. Mad physical!

Education for all services is becoming easier to get your hands on as more and more courses are DVD or online driven so you can keep working on your education while deployed!

Can you retake the ASVAB, or whatever testing they are giving, to see if you can get past the math? At least it will open the door for you with the AF. If you want to go medical, home station with AF and Army will give you more of a hospital feel. The Army will have more opportunity for field station type work.

Good Luck!

Oh fuck off nerd. This guy wasn't drunk. He had a couple drinks and the only thing suspicious was the smell on his breath when they spoke. There are rules by the book and then there is making a judgment call. So no one has ever cut you a break in your life? You only play by every rule there is? No bending or breaking for whatever reason? You need to pull your head out of your ass and realize that normal people with friends cut their friends a break when they can.
    Go ahead Hitler youth fire back with whatever smart ass loser comment you have. I've made my point.

He smelled alcohol on his breath he should do something and now just let him drive. How you know your friend didnt lie to you and he was drunk, dumbshit. You can cut breaks like that in civilian world, but the military if someone finds out that you did they, they WILL rat you out in a second. Then your ass is on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by daeagles View Post
    He smelled alcohol on his breath he should do something and now just let him drive. How you know your friend didnt lie to you and he was drunk, dumbshit. You can cut breaks like that in civilian world, but the military if someone finds out that you did they, they WILL rat you out in a second. Then your ass is on the line.
    For a friend I will ALWAYS use my judgment. If I feel they are to drunk to continue driving I will find a tactful way to help them get home and keep it hush hush. I will have a talk with them about the situation, but I will never rat out a friend or try to fuck one over based on suspicion. Whatever happened to camaraderie? I will do whatever I can to help a friend even if that means putting my ass on the line.

May be dumb but that's how I was raised. You can fight with your family (good friends included) internally all you want but you only take it to an outside source when you have exhausted all other means.

You've made the point you have no concern for your life, the life of your friend, or the lives of the family you two idiots are going to kill if someone doesn't stop your alcoholic ass from driving drunk. If I have single beer, I don't drive.

I hope your friend goes to jail for a long time as he is bringing dishonor on the military service. There is no judgment calls when it comes to risking the lives of others.

This comment closes this part of this thread or it will all be deleted.
    Dustin
    "The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."
    John Ruskin

This comment closes this part of this thread or it will all be deleted.
    Clever way of making sure you get the last word.

Clever way of making sure you get the last word.
    ...no. He's a forum leader and his word is law, so he's telling it like it is. Please respect what he says.
    hardcoregymregistry.com * prettybuff.com * myspace.com/sallyagin

Quote Originally Posted by sallyanne View Post
    ...no. He's a forum leader and his word is law, so he's telling it like it is. Please respect what he says.
    Thanks Sally...

I am publishing this publicly so everyone understnads the reasoning here, I am not a tyrant and want a free exchange of ideas here as we have in P&R (I sent this as a PM to Supertick earlier):
    I wasn't trying to get the last word...I am maintaining the integrity of the forum, the thread, and the services.

The thread and the forum is useful in for getting info to people entering boot or new to the service

The military service can't be seen by the public as a good old boy network that protects its own when its against the good of the public as DUI is a very dangerous, deadly, and political topic. There is a reason alcohol related incidents is of such a priority in the services - because it affects how we are perceived in the public eye.

One American life is lost every 20 minutes in a car crash involving driving while intoxicated. (This is an addition to the PM: This statistic is unacceptable on any level to me. That military personnel, charged with protecting the lives and liberty of these citizens, contribute to increasing this stat is an outrage.)

It is a topic that I am very sensitive to since my best friend onboard the USS Santa Fe died while a passenger in a rented car on Guam in 1999.
    Thank you.

Hopefully now we can return to helping our new brothers and sisters prepare for their upcoming challenges.
    Dustin
    John Ruskin

Thanks Sally...

I am publishing this publicly so everyone understnads the reasoning here, I am not a tyrant and want a free exchange of ideas here as we have in P&R (I sent this as a PM to Supertick earlier):

Thank you.

Hopefully now we can return to helping our new brothers and sisters prepare for their upcoming challenges.

Agreed.
    "The only lack or limitation is in your own mind."

MD!!!

www.LivingDeadMafia.com

Click for Audio

Hey PM, just found this thread, didn't realize you where joining. That is awesome stuff. Sounds like you are getting alot of good advice. Good luck to you regardless of which branch you choose. ... I am bias but I'd recommend Army, get the recruiter to add in airborne school after ait , my class had a bunch of females. However, if I was sending my daughters in, I think I'd recommend Airforce to them. Whatever you choose, you can't go wrong serving, I'd also recommend training really hard for 6 months prior to going in. Focus on the basics (running, situps, pushups, pullups). The easier the physical part is for you, the easier basic will be. Especially the mental side. And study hard for the ASVAB, the better the score, the more options you have.... also, when I joined, back in 95, the Army was the only branch that would actually guarentee my job, all the other branches said I had to pick 3 or 4 jobs and then I went to the "needs of the service". That may be different now days but I'd look into it, make sure they promise you the job you want in writing (the contract) or don't sign.

Keep in mind the Airforce boot isn't jack, that being said if you only get to do it once, go army or marines imo. That's just my 02 cents, no pun intended.
    Gentlemen, you have two choices: Mamma Mia or Jersey Boys.

First time poster. I retired from the Coast Guard after a 22 year career. I suppose I am a pussy like someone said earlier in the thread, but I go to bed knowing I saved about 10,000 lives and took about 500 million dollars worth of herb and blow off the streets. So while I am a pussy, I am content I at least did something with my career.

Anyway, as a career individual, any service is all what you put into it. No matter the role you play, sometimes it is going to suck arse and at other times you will be a part of something very few other people can comprehend. If I had the choice I would do it all over again, every single time. It was an absolute blast.

Also, for those looking up from the enlisted ranks, one word of advice is get your education. It is virtually free with all of the tuition assistance programs available in all the services. I did a lot of stupid things over the years, but getting my undergrad and 2 grad degrees on Uncle Sam's dime was not one of them.

God Bless all of you that serve.

woah page six seemed to have gotten a little craaaaaaaaazzzzyyyyy sup with that!!

Heres a little update on whats going on with my military choice.

My head is in it more than ever now. I know this is the path in life I wanted to take with my life. In the spare time that I have, I have been going to each branch to talk, get packets, and decide for my self what branch seems to fit me as a person and one that I will be happy in.

I been to the Air Force, Army and Navy. Next will be Marines and coast guard.

There are a few things that are getting in the way with me entering the military.

1. my asvab. I have to re-take it. The army said I dont need to study for it.... i say ummm YEA I DO! I cant just pull math knowledge out of my ass you know? So I have time to study.... I want to get a high score so I can get the job I want.

2. I have 1 traffic ticket that needs me to go to court. And 4,000 of debt. (1,000 of that is summoned to court.) So because i have that pending against me, I have to wait until its cleared from my name.

3. Im pissed about number 2.

4. I broke my foot and never told my requiter.. i would take my air cast off before i went into his office. I thought it was healed but I went for a very long walk and its hurting again. So now I can let it heal up. I just gotta lay off the plyometrics.

so now im busting my ass to make a dollar. I am managing a gym, picked up a waitressing job, part time nanny, marketing for max muscle, and I have my own business of refurbishing furniture. so ill be busy busy busy busy!!

I just wish i could magically come up with that money so I could just take my test and leave. Im in a horrible place where i just moved into (see my blog it will tell you all-link below).

But on the bright side, this also gives me time to research and figure out what branch I want to go into.

Reading what y'all write me, helps out allot. I know i want a High stress job full of adrenaline. I also want a very active, intense training program.

The only frustration that I have is that all the jobs i ask about only men can do them.

so blah.

But im still in it.... i just have to wait now.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast