Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Army, Navy, Marines, or Coast Guard...Tell me stories...Im going to enlist

5% off your next TrueProtein order: SNS110

Hey PM, if I were you I would stop bodybuilding right now and start doing Crossfit. You'll be way ahead of the game if you start it now.

Best of luck with your financial situation and multiple jobs!

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    Hey PM, if I were you I would stop bodybuilding right now and start doing Crossfit. You'll be way ahead of the game if you start it now.

I've already started discussing this with her as I just started doing CrossFit (in a different thread). It is way hard to do CrossFit with a broken foot.
    Dustin
    "The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."
    John Ruskin

im out of my air cast right now...but it still hurts so im scared to do it. If i fuck it up any more i wont be able to get in at all.

We have cross fit less than a mile from my house. That damn tire stares me in my face every day.. I just wanna flip it and jump it baaaad!

But the gym that i manage wants me to get cross fit cirtified so i can teach it there as well....

i just gotta wait.

AND STOP BB!? WTF

Fix all problems before you sign, I'm sure at MEPS they will find your sore foot if you don't let heal properly, in the meantime work on that debt...thats what I would do.

Also I wouldn't stop bbing lmao, hell no. Just add in some running here and there.

Your going to navy bootcamp as a female, I'm pretty sure it isn't that hard hun
    Gentlemen, you have two choices: Mamma Mia or Jersey Boys.

i believe there is no room for aesthetics-training in the military if your MOS entails lots of activity

i believe there is no room for aesthetics-training in the military if your MOS entails lots of activity
    Throwing the

Johnny Jackson and Leo Ingram were both in the military when they did a large portion of their amateur contest and finally got their pro card. There are plenty of other bodybuilders who have military service in their background.

Bodybuilding can be complimentary to military service as can any exercise.
    Dustin
    "The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it."
    John Ruskin

Sure it can be complimentary, but PURE bodybuilding has no room in the military, or at least in the Marines.

Whats the point of bodybuilding in the military? To me bodybuilding is purely a selfish endeavor. I say why not do something functional that not only benefits you, but the American people as a whole, by doing a strength/crossfit combo? The best approach IMO is to do pure strength/power movements along with Crossfit type stuff. I did not fully realize this until well into Marine OCS, where I was ridiculed by everyone for doing bodybuilding prior to coming in, and where I was one of the biggest, yet slowest guy there.

Take a poll and I bet that Americans would prefer their troops to be "Crossfit- fit", as opposed to "bodybuilding-fit". Let me rephrase my original statement: PURE bodybuilding has no place in the military. Certain aspects are functional, but many are not, such as directly training calves, hams, biceps. forearms. All that shit is purely aesthetic. I mean c'mon, what is going to help you on the field of battle: shoulder work that comprised lateral raises, front raises, upright rows, etc, or shoulder work that comprised push presses, jerks, power cleans, clean and jerks, etc?

Or maybe I'm biased because my goal is to be Force Recon, LOL. But the point is, think about your country's welfare before you consider bodybuilding, and which methods of training would TRULY safeguard it the best.

Anything like force recon , seals etc will just be your way of life.
    Gentlemen, you have two choices: Mamma Mia or Jersey Boys.

Myth please stop talking.

So every job entails you to run everyday and carry a gun. I sit in a control tower for my job and the only physical activity I do is pick a mic up and talk to aircraft.

Or go over to the Cedric McMillan thread and look at his job entails then the pics of him.
    http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...t=30515&page=8

Quote Originally Posted by daeagles View Post
    Myth please stop talking.

So every job entails you to run everyday and carry a gun. I sit in a control tower for my job and the only physical activity I do is pick a mic up and talk to aircraft.

Or go over to the Cedric McMillan thread and look at his job entails then the pics of him.
    http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...t=30515&page=8
    in my original post i said if your job entails lots of activity. obviously if Im an intel officer I can bodybuild

when did i say every job? you must read more thoroughly before you open up your mouth

Military and bodybuilding training can mix. From a boot camp standpoint they dont, yet no one realizes how much off time you have when are done with school and such. And lets be real, she wants a high impact job, all a good bodybuilding program is, a well thought out strength program.

Functional strength is more important in say infantry, but if you are just a paper pusher, then slang that iron and shake that ass woman!!!
    twitter: @badbadleroyb, www.leroysmayhem.blogspot.com

in my original post i said if your job entails lots of activity. obviously if Im an intel officer I can bodybuild

when did i say every job? you must read more thoroughly before you open up your mouth
    You said Pure bodybuilding has no place in the military.

And that would include EVERY job, genious.

every one hug now

learn to read bro

I guess thats what being an eagles fan does for ya, huh? teaches you to be a retard! what a d-bag!

Quote Originally Posted by bad bad leroy brown View Post
    Functional strength is more important in say infantry, but if you are just a paper pusher, then slang that iron and shake that ass woman!!!
    thats what I've been sayin bro! these people dont understand!

Sure it can be complimentary, but PURE bodybuilding has no room in the military, or at least in the Marines.

Whats the point of bodybuilding in the military? To me bodybuilding is purely a selfish endeavor. I say why not do something functional that not only benefits you, but the American people as a whole, by doing a strength/crossfit combo? The best approach IMO is to do pure strength/power movements along with Crossfit type stuff. I did not fully realize this until well into Marine OCS, where I was ridiculed by everyone for doing bodybuilding prior to coming in, and where I was one of the biggest, yet slowest guy there.

Take a poll and I bet that Americans would prefer their troops to be "Crossfit- fit", as opposed to "bodybuilding-fit". Let me rephrase my original statement: PURE bodybuilding has no place in the military. Certain aspects are functional, but many are not, such as directly training calves, hams, biceps. forearms. All that shit is purely aesthetic. I mean c'mon, what is going to help you on the field of battle: shoulder work that comprised lateral raises, front raises, upright rows, etc, or shoulder work that comprised push presses, jerks, power cleans, clean and jerks, etc?

Or maybe I'm biased because my goal is to be Force Recon, LOL. But the point is, think about your country's welfare before you consider bodybuilding, and which methods of training would TRULY safeguard it the best.
    So you are basing your opinion on OCS - here's a secret: no matter what you are or have done, they are going to give you shit. They will do the same thing in Recon training. (Good luck with that - much respect if actually attempt it).

The other thing I have learned is that you have a misconception about what CrossFit is about. One of the core disciplines that comprises CrossFit is Olympic Weightlifting. At my affiliate we commonly do deadlifts, squats, and standing overhead presses as well. We do pushups and dips on gymnastics rings. Combined with Snatches and the Clean and Jerk, there isn't really much need to add strength work. If anything I would say you need more long distance en durance work and to add some swimming in. Especially SOF training work-ups.
    Dustin
    John Ruskin

learn to read bro

I guess thats what being an eagles fan does for ya, huh? teaches you to be a retard! what a d-bag!
    Lets play nice. There is no room for personal attacks. A little interservice rivalry is cool (as always).
    Dustin
    John Ruskin

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast