Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Army, Navy, Marines, or Coast Guard...Tell me stories...Im going to enlist

Default Army, Navy, Marines, or Coast Guard...Tell me stories...Im going to enlist

what were your experiences with the army? Did you like it?

Freaking loved it.
    I joined at 34. Basic and AIT at Ft Jackson, SC.
    101 out of Fort Campbell. Air assualt rules.
    Changed my life for the better I tell you.
    Saw and did shit even movies can't capture.
    You know.......if you started saving your money today.......in a year or so....you could afford that sense of humor you so desparately need.

My friends always say how much they hate it.
    My brother in law is a Capitan in the army... a ranger. He loves it. How ever he can not go see fire works or go through tunnels anymore....but he loves it.
    But i like a structured life style.

I was going to join the air force 3 years ago...

I made Best friends with the requiter who lives in Atlanta now...who just made some phone calls for me.

He thinks I should go into the army.
    I actually just got off the phone with the army requiter.

But how do you know if your making the right decisions?!
    I think thats what scaring me.

does anyone know if adderall shows up in the piss test?

mine is coming up soon

what about coast guard or navy?

This is big decision stuff, truely life changing. Don't do it on a whim.
    "The only lack or limitation is in your own mind."

MD!!!

www.LivingDeadMafia.com

Click for Audio

you need to be more specific. What are you goals? Do you want to be a nurse, a cop, a mechanic? How old are you? What kind of lifestyle are you looking for? If you go Army, Navy, or Marines you will have a huge guy to girl ratio. If you go Air Force it isn't as lopped sided. Air Force and Navy are much more relaxed.

no im not doing it on a whim...

I was going to go in the army when i was 18. But mom wouldn't let me.

I was going to enlist in the air force 3 years ago...but couldnt get past the math.

My mind has always been "military"

I just never took the actual up and go.

But i think im really ready for it now.

And honestly, i think it would be the best most mature decision i will ever make in my life.

Forgot to mention that I was in the 82d Airborne division for a few years and am now in the Air Guard.

Quote Originally Posted by supertick View Post
    you need to be more specific. What are you goals? Do you want to be a nurse, a cop, a mechanic? How old are you? What kind of lifestyle are you looking for? If you go Army, Navy, or Marines you will have a huge guy to girl ratio. If you go Air Force it isn't as lopped sided. Air Force and Navy are much more relaxed.
    Actually i would like to be in the medical field in the military. Id really like to do the PT...Be in the gyms...Nutrition... Or a cop.

Forgot to mention that I was in the 82d Airborne division for a few years and am now in the Air Guard.
    My old air force recruiter who is now my bestest friend in the world is a military working dog handler. He LOVES his job.

to work in the gym you could go in the services career field in the air force. They are in charge of billeting, cooking, and fitness. In the army the medical field is HUGE. You have to figure out EXACTLY what job you want and if you qualify for it. Being a cop is easy to get into but crappy work. BTW, you never said how old you are. I think the age in which you enter the military has a great amount of weight on the decision I would make.

to work in the gym you could go in the services career field in the air force. They are in charge of billeting, cooking, and fitness. In the army the medical field is HUGE. You have to figure out EXACTLY what job you want and if you qualify for it. Being a cop is easy to get into but crappy work. BTW, you never said how old you are. I think the age in which you enter the military has a great amount of weight on the decision I would make.
    I would love to go into the air force... I actually wouldn't mind fixing the airplanes. I almost went to a 24 month program in Atlanta Georgia where they train you to fix planes.

oh and Im 24 years young.

If i went into the medical part...

I would like to be a
    Podiatrist. I have been all about feet since i started running long distance. I mean i do not have a foot fetish or anything... I actually HATE feet. But know that they are they are the most important part to keeping your body injury free... Back, hips, knees... shin slpints so on and so on... Thats what i would love to do....

Or

i would like to be a phlebotomist. After my military experience I would use that and work for the American red cross... Id even LOVE to work for American red cross disaster relieve program. Im all about the red cross.

See i would love to do that too....I LOVE the fitness part...i could do pt testing all day. And i also love to cook, wouldnt mind cooking for other people.... and after i get done serving my time, i could go to culinary school and become a chef.

ahh decisions decisions decisions..

There are no two bones about it. As intense as you say you are, The Marines are the ones for you. THE most physicaly fit fighting force in the entire world. I'd give my soul to be able to go back.

Satan.........ya listnin?
    "Life is about choices: tap, nap, or SNAP!" ~ Future UFC Lightweight Champion Marcus Hicks

vargasty

I just enlisted in the Navy for 4 years after getitn my Associates Degree. My ship date is September 30. I have been told by people in the army and Marines that if you are going to enlist, go Navy or Air Force for obvious reasons. I spoke to recruiters for all branches and when I went to talk to a Navy recruiter I was pretty much sold. I am going in ranked as an E-3 because of my Degree, I will get an $8,000 bonus, not to mention every class you take in the military is FREE. When you get out, you are entitled to use your Montgomery GI bill for you or your family now which is like $41,000 and some change and will continue to go Up (Vote McCain!!!!!). It is important to understand that it is a committment but it is not a dreadful one like I used to believe. It is a normal 8 or 12 hour work day with the rest of the time off no matter what branch you are in including weekends off. If you work 12 hours shifts, you actually have a couple more off days. It is also important to realise that all branches have EQUAL pay for those who enlists and your pay increases based on your rank. You will go in making about $20,000 a year and it will gradually icnrease. It may seem like a small amount but all that money is going to the BANK. You do not have to pay for food, rent, or really anything unless you want do something on your own. You also are entitled to a uniform allowance and housing/food allowance after you meet that rank. I would suggest talking to a recruiter bro and then checking back with us here. My recruiter was the man, very upfront, but others can be deciecing as hell and see you as a paycheck.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerMania View Post
    My friends always say how much they hate it.
    My brother in law is a Capitan in the army... a ranger. He loves it. How ever he can not go see fire works or go through tunnels anymore....but he loves it.
    But i like a structured life style.

I was going to join the air force 3 years ago...

I made Best friends with the requiter who lives in Atlanta now...who just made some phone calls for me.

He thinks I should go into the army.
    I actually just got off the phone with the army requiter.

But how do you know if your making the right decisions?!
    I think thats what scaring me.
    I don't see how anyone could hate it. Unless you're soft and not mentally strong and smart enough to see through the barking orders. Discipline and drive were things that got me through is with a smile on my face. I loved jumping out of helicopters under fire and blowing stuff up.

I had two friends that were sisters and they joined the AF and loved it so much they never came back. They are lifers.

No the fact and they make a decision. There is no room for second guessing. If you know all you the facts the decision should be easy. Am i going to Iraq? Yes you are? Will drill sargeants yell at me in Basic? Yes they will and give you tons of shit. Will I be on the move all the time? Yes you will. Will I find out about me and what I am made of? Hell yes and thay is more than worth the experience.

I think everyone shouuld have to serve. Knock that bitch chip off all the teens shoulders and give them a dose of reality.
    You know.......if you started saving your money today.......in a year or so....you could afford that sense of humor you so desparately need.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast