by powermania

Name: Trish "Black Mamba" Warren
    birthday:
    06/09/1979- Branch calls it my Hatch Day
    zodiac sign:
    Gemini
    off season weight:
    on season weight:

Hey Trish, thanks for taking the time to do a 1 on 1 with me. Why don't you start off by telling us a little bio about your self?

At 17 I moved from a small East Texas town to the Dallas/ Fort Worth area. I knew I wanted to be successful and not have to live paycheck to paycheck like my parents so I worked 3 jobs to put myself through college. I cheered for 2 years but still had to work to pay for living and tuition because all we received for being a college cheerleader was $500.00 per semester. I made it through college and have a B.S. in Kineisiology and Business Marketing from the University of North Texas. Shortly after I graduated I married Branch, and we opened a Logistics company which keeps us very busy aside from training, traveling, and competing

Looks like all your hard work paid off! So what are your future plans?
    Build a successful business and eventually start a family!

How did you make the decision to do fitness rather than figure or body building?

I cheered in college and had a friend who competed in fitness. I knew I could do it if I had the proper training and choreographer so I hired a trainer and a choreographer and set out to do my first fitness competition the Lonestar Classic where I placed 2nd. I was hooked from there and went on to win the Ronnie Coleman, S.W. USA, Jr. Nationals, and finally earn my pro card at the 2002 Nationals in Dallas. It has been a very long journey to qualify for the fitness Olympia, and most would have just given up, but I really wanted to compete on that stage one day and just kept persevering.

What are some of your best memories so far in this sport?

Meeting Branch and watching him succeed. Being able to travel all over the world to educate people on nutrition and training. Some of the places we have visited are Japan, Austalia, South Africa, and Hawaii. Placing 2nd at the NY Pro Fitness and qualifying for my first fitness Olympia

What are some of your not so nice memories?

My first pro competition where I placed last! I just came from winning the Jr. Nationals, and earning my Pro card at Nationals, and was very excited to step on a Pro Stage! I was the last call-out in both physique rounds, that's when I realized I had to work my way up, I just didn't think it would take this long.

Every one has their own unique way of training, How do you go about your training?

I have been weight training for 14 years so it's always been a huge part of my life. I try to pick a couple of competitions a year so I am always training for something. This helps me stay motivated and get the absolute most out of every workout.

Do you diet your self, or do you hire someone to help with your prep? If so who do you hire and how long have you been training with them?

I began working with Mike Davies in January and love the training and diet. I worked with him to get ready for the NY Pro and the Houston Pro, and feel like I look the best I have ever looked.

Whats an important deciding factor when it comes down to who you want to work with?

I went to one of Mike's camps and absolutely loved the training He trains his clients with moderate weights, a ton of plyometrics, and little rest in between sets. When I left his workouts, I was exhausted and that's the way I like to feel when I leave the gym!

Gosh, I LOVE plyometrics...
    okay, you travel so much!!! How do you manage to travel as much as you do and still contest prep?

I pack enough food to get me through my trip, and if I run out of something or forget something, I find the nearest grocery store. The promoters are usually very accommodating and if there is something that I need they make sure I have it.

like coffee?????

With all your travel your probably not getting as much sleep as you would like to get in a night. I know when you get tired many people tend to eat or cheat on their diet due to being sleepy. How do you fight against that?

I don't really get that much sleep at home so this does not really effect me that much. I am very disciplined and use coffee as a way to warn off cravings.

What are your future goals with competing?

To win a pro show, compete and do well in the Olympia and Arnold.

Who first introduced you to Fitness?

A friend I cheered with Ashlee Watson who competed in the late 90's. After 2 years of college cheer I began training for my first fitness competition, where I placed 2nd and was hooked.

What has been the best thing so far about competing?
    Meeting new people and having the opportunity to travel all over the World.

What was the day like when you received your pro card?

Words can't describe how happy I was, something that I dreamed about and spent most of your time working for finally happened!

What was running through your head as they announced your name?

Oh my God I can't believe I finally made it to the IFBB!!!
    Did you ever think you would be a pro?
    At first no, then when I won the Jr. Nationals I knew I could but didn't know it would be the next show I entered.

Besides from work and training, what are some things that you enjoy doing?

Spending time with Branch whether it is at home or on a hunting adventure, I love to shop, watch movies, and hang out with our 2 dogs Olympia and Maximus (Branch likes to guard them from the refrigerator), spend time with family and friends.

I remember you saying you work allot, what do you do?

I work mostly at our Logistics company Maximum Logistics. I handle all the services for getting my customers products picked up, scheduled on trucks or airlines and delivered to the end customer either domestically or internationally.

How many jobs/businesses do you have?
    We recently sold our gym but until earlier this month, we owned a private personal training studio, and Logistics company. I also prepare all of Branch's meals for him as he prepares for the Olympia so I guess I can say I am a full-time chef!

Can we say BUSY?????
    what advice would you give to someone who wants to compete?

Stay consistent and find someone who can help you with contest prep and only listen to that person.
    What is the one thing you crave the most when you diet?
    Chocolate, nachos, and sushi….

You would have loved the sushi in mount pleasant when you were visiting. From what I hear its very good haha.
    So…every one has tricks when they diet. What do you do to keep on track? I know you love your coffee 24/7 .

Well you know my trick! I Love me some coffee!!!!!

I must admit, i took up your advice and have been having tons and tons of coffee...it seems to help quite a bit..(maybe because im so caffeinated up i feel sick haha) But the more coffee I seem to be drinking, the more tired i get hum...

The Huston Pro has come and gone, How did you do?

Not as well as I wanted to! I placed 10th

Did you have a blast or what at the Huston pro?!

I thought I was in the top 3-5 after pre-judging so I was actually pretty excited to go into the night show when my name wasn't called, I just began thinking of what went wrong and what I needed to do to be the best I can possibly be for the Olympia. That is when I decided I needed to change my routines and sit out the rest of the shows and concentrate on the O.

What will you do different for your next show?

Spend even more time on my routines to make them stand out and be remembered

What’s next for you Mrs Black Mamba?

The Olympia

How did you received the nick name "The Black Mamba" anyway?

Branch and our friend Matt decided to nickname me that because I would always tell them that I was meaner than the meanest, fastest snake and I would strike if they didn't quit picking on me! So some how they came up with the Black Mamba and it stuck!

What are your dreams for your future fitness Career?

I would love to be top 5 the Arnold and Olympia and be a role model for other competitors to look up to as I do with Adela, Jenny Hendershott, and Kim Klein

How often do you switch up your routine?

I try to have two routines a year, both of them themed so they stand out from all the other routines.

Is it a different routine every show?

No usually I use the same routine for 2-3 shows and then change it up

Do you hire a choreographer?

Yes I worked with Jennifer Becerra for my NY Pro routines

How do you choose who you want to work with?

I chose Jennifer because her routines are always very entertaining and unique, and I want my routine to be remembered when I step off stage.

How did you and Branch meet?

At a gym in Southlake where he and I were both Personal Trainers
    Would you care to share with us a story about that?
    He would always tell me that I was going to be his future wife, and ask me out, and for years I turned him down. Finally I gave in and let him take me on a date, and the rest is history! He spoils me rotten and visa versa, I could not have asked for a better husband!

Do you think it will be crazy around your house with you and Branch
    preparing for the Olympia at the same time?

Yes and no, we both tend to get a little cranky if we are hungry so I always try to stay on schedule with food to keep the waters calm. We also have been competing for so long that it is second nature it's almost not normal to not be on a diet at our house!

Since you and branch are both dieting for the Olympia, are you going to stop your traveling so you both can focus on coming in the best condition as humanly possible?

Not really, we are going to South Africa in August but the accommodations are set up for us to stay 100% on our training schedules. The only down fall is the flight, but we will use that time to catch up on sleep. As we all know that this won't last forever, and you have to be smart and make the money while you can.

Just one more question before we end this 1 on 1.
    How long have you worked with Gaspari Nutrition?

I began working with them at the 2006 Olympia! Rich, Liz, Tom and Joe were very welcoming and made me feel like part of their family. I built a freindship with Liz who is absolutely beautiful inside and out and began helping her get back in shape after having a baby. From there I did booth work, and recently signed on as a demo rep for them. I love their products and all the staff and am very happy to be part of their Team!

Default pics

NY PRO

first comp

2002 jr nationals

Muscular Development Forum Rules :.

This Post May be found offensive & may contain offensive material, consider yourself advised.

Default cont....

Default few more :)

(pssst hey trish, your hair looks great in your japan pics....)

Thanks Trish! Good luck to you and Branch!

Amateur Threat

Wonderful interview!! Thank you both, ladies

it was, thanks trish

bump

Trish Warren - IFBB Fitness Pro Black Mamba's Avatar

Thanks Rachel for taking the time to interview me, and as always I am enjoying a cup of coffee!

um yes, Trish, can I be you for like a day...or week

great interview PM! and thanks for taking time to participate Trish

Certainly, I could use a vacation!

Quote Originally Posted by gymdiva View Post
    um yes, Trish, can I be you for like a day...or week

great interview PM! and thanks for taking time to participate Trish

Amateur Threat

Default Trish Warren (with a familiar face) in Nov. 2008 MD

Just some random shots... for the rest, pick up the Novermber 2008 issue of MD!!

Nobody

Trish you are by far my favorite and Branch is my favorite male bb. Love the layout in md... very sexy. Shows your personality very well. Your awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by jmize View Post
    Trish you are by far my favorite and Branch is my favorite male bb. Love the layout in md... very sexy. Shows your personality very well. Your awesome!!
    Thank you! We love our fans because without you Branch and I would not be where we are today! We hope to both have a great year in '09, Branch is deep into his Arnold prep, and I am slowly getting back around to a normal training schedule after much needed rest. Thanks again and take care

Great interview, love the photos!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast