Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 11 of 373 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Tjoes Training Journal

Oh hell yeah! I think you found a new avatar. That back dbl bicep shot is just sick! Huge and I mean huge improvement! From the front you can see your entire abdominal cage (always nice to see). Good job man.
    I honestly think you look bigger now than when you started. Funny, when all that muscle gets exposed how that happens.
    Damn my legs are still sore
    You are definitely good inspiration for me my brother.

Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar

Thanks Bro!! I'm still bustin ass over here on dis coast
    Check out the vids! I had to wait for youtube to get them up, but they are from today as well.
    http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...postcount=5136
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

Nice! Bustin out some chins. I thought those were only for skinny guys like me lol
    Oh yeah before I forget, Oct. 1
    Of course that would mean you'd have to get a tan lol

Providence is Oct 20th I think.
    What's on the 1st?

Not that it means anything yet....

I think that's the show that Ron is talking about. I'm not sure exaclty which one it is. I'm sure he's bustin yo ballz to do one.
    See how good that new avatar looks? Damn near blocking out that building.

Haha, I like the new avi... good call and Thanks!
    The one Ron wants me to do is the 20th in Providence RI. Its a natrual NPC show. Used to have it every year, then it fell off for a while and last year they brought it back. Very low turn out (as far as men go) (women were great), but it would be a good first show to get my feet into the pool. NOT THAT I SAID YES YET!!! I still got lots of work to do so only time will tell.
    Those legs any better yet?
    I did back yesterday and one of my training partners called me today and told me he couldn't tie his shoe or walk right... I said "SWEET". Welcome to Joes world of deadlifting!!

Ah it must be the show on the 20th. Sounds like a good for you.
    Legs are ready to go today. I've been working legs 2xweek. Monday is free weight squats (still getting used to those over Smith), sldl's, leg extension, then calves. Fri. is a choice on 1, leg press, front squat, or hacks, seated hamstring curls, and either ghr's or lying hamstring curls, and calves. I've found that every time I'm doing squats now my form changes as bit. Trying to find that sweet spot still, but I'm pretty patcient, and I'm getting good development going this route. Great outer sweep, but the tear drop sucks. I must say that I watched Ron's squat vid today probably a dozen times. Just getting pointers from it that I can translate to my personal squat rack. I say that because no one else at my gym uses it for that
    Tell your bro that not being able to tie your shoes is a typical Todd aftermath as well. Wear flip flops

Toddbz - Those leg days look good! Concentrate on those free weight squats bro!

Default Numbers for week 12

weight 194.7 @ 15.1%
    which translates to....

weight.....down.....1.6lbs.
    fat%........down....0.5%
    fat..........down.....1.22lbs.
    muscle.....down.....0.38lbs.

OK! A little better than last week! Things seem to be going well and back on track again after that little plateau. I haven't cracked the 15% range yet however the fat mass is now in the 20's rather than the 30's... that's cool I suppose. I will keep pretty much everything the same as I have been, oil in the shakes, 1oz almonds with my chicken etc. I have been using PB in the shake after I ttrain though. I figure good time for the few extra calories and the bit of carbs that are there.

So last night was a cheat meal and today is Sunday which means I woke up at about 8 and I'll be going to bed around 9:30 or so. That means I'll be eating every 2 hours or so to get all my meals in. What better day to try a NO FAT day! I know Dave uses them quite a bit (and probably more thought out) but I'm a give it a try today since my meals are close together and I won't get real hungry. Then I'll go back to my normal thing on Monday. A - could be a nice little shock to the system and B - I may not get cardio in today.

I think anytime you have a slow down in a diet it's a good time to shock the system. I'd be very surprised if you don't see a change this week simply from the change in fats. Since you are still getting the same amount in grams, but a pretty big drop in daily calories. Should prove to be good stuff. Now remember it's good sometimes to also increase calories to kick start your metabolism. I think you're on the right track with your direction though. Isn't it new vid time next week?

Yep sure is! Next Wednesday is the 1st!
    I got lots o cardio to hammer out before then!
    I also think I am going to try and ease up on my cheat meals a bit. I will still enjoy myself but perhaps eliminte the crazy onslaught of desserts (sugar).

Side note:
    Legs were extremely rough today after a day of no fats! 475 went straight down to the pins! I didn't even have a chance I know it's all part of the game though so I am not too broken up about it. That's how I know I am inthis thing for the long haul now. Back in the day, something like that would happen and that would be IT, diet OVER!!! Now, I'm alright. I know once I reach my goal (whatever that turns out to be) and I start adding in the carbs... I'ma grow like MAD

Like you're saying, no one on stage (I know. You haven't decided yet) is going to ask you how much you squat. Now granted that certainly doesn't mean you can't give those big weights a try every now and then. Keep pushin you strong fuck! lol

Hells yeah! Only way I know how!!

looks good man. i wish my chest would stay that tight on a bulk...

DT5 - Thanks man.

Lil update.
    K bad squat day, bad bench day. Decided to load up on fats on wed. Basicly had 2 tbsp of pb AND 1 tbsp oil in my shakes and had 2oz of nuts with my chicken rather than 1.
    Today, I had good strength, felt nice and full (muscle wise) and appeared leaner (could be my head). On top of that, my weight has been steady and my bf% has been dropping a bit. Hopefully things continue on this path and we see some good progress in my vid next week.
    Oh yeah, my fats are back to normal today. So I guess since I dropped them on sun and doubled them on wed they even out for the week. Still though, it had to be a shock to my body on both days, I would think.

Sounds just like a carb up day ya know? All that really matters is that you're healthy, and that progressive drop in BF.
    Keep it up big man!

Joe suggestion for you. Take a look at the 'In the Trehches' vid part 1 of Ad Cherry doing his prep for the USA. What he's talking about is perfect for you right now.
    http://mdtv.musculardevelopment.com/.../view/977/204/

Page 11 of 373 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast