Page 2 of 373 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Tjoes Training Journal

Quote Originally Posted by tjoe View Post
    nabba65pp - Thank you sir.

Maybe a "little" better??
    It's just to bad that you have no forearms. lol
    god damn!

Gaoshang - Thanks bro! yeah I'm into the black and white thing... looks more "hardcore".

Ha! Thanks Melissa! I agree totally with your posing advice, I can never get that quite right! My training partner and wife point out the same thing every time! I don't expect to see TOO much too fast so I will post another vid June 1st... hopefully with some good progress and a BETTER side chest
    awww...it will come....i suck up until the day of the show...EVERY YEAR, lol....then i manage to pull it off at the last sec. when it counts. then i forget everything again, heheheee

Best of luck to you. You have a lot of muscle, and you are well within striking distance of single digit BF. Should be impressive once you diet down.

Consuming too few calories is a huge mistake, and one I made for years. The compulsion when trying to get lean is to cut calories way down, but of course, the correct way is to keep your intake up and make sure you get the right amount of macros along w/sufficient calories. It'll make a huge difference. It works, and it works well. : )

Keep us posted on your progress and again, good luck.

Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar

K, quicl lil update.
    Today is my 7th day of no carbs. Every day has been pretty good actually, as far as cravings etc. Today was probably the worst just because I wasn't doing much all day I thought about all the delicious things I could be eating. Didn't break down though. So before I started, I weighed in at 213lbs. @ apx 20%. The past 3 days I've been 208.4ish at about 19.1-19.4ish. I know nothing crazy yet but I figure a weekly update would be cool.

As far as the diet itself goes, it is pretty easy to follow and simple. The one problem I run into sometimes is that I may only eat 5 times instead of 6. I am trying hard to fix that so I get all my calories in. Sometimes it's due to my work schedule, other times I am just not hungry. I know I have to suck it up and slam a shake or something... like I said, I'm workin' on it.

The other thing I notice (which Toney Freeman pointed out in an article) is that my weight and BF% is much more steady now, where as before it would fluctuate night to night. I just use a Tanita scale, check it every night before bed, write it on my calendar and then average out each month. Pre-diet it could jump from 17-21 in a day, now it stays very steady every night... interesting.
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

So last night (night of my last post) I weighed in at 206.6! Thats about 7lbs. in one full week. I had legs today and was still able to Put 495 deep in the hole and right back up! That part makes it all worth it! I was doing the same thing about 2-4 weeks BEFORE the diet, which means I lost practically no strength yet. Benching tomorrow may be a different story but that's always my worst lift.

So last night (night of my last post) I weighed in at 206.6! Thats about 7lbs. in one full week. I had legs today and was still able to Put 495 deep in the hole and right back up! That part makes it all worth it! I was doing the same thing about 2-4 weeks BEFORE the diet, which means I lost practically no strength yet. Benching tomorrow may be a different story but that's always my worst lift.
    I think once your body gets used to not having any carbs, you may even start to grow. That seems to be the verdict with most guys on Dave's diet. So more muscle more strenght...right. Do you get pre and post workout carbs? Or is that still total 30g for the day? I think you're going to look freakin huge. Since you look bigger than 206.6 for damn sure. Good job!

Toddbz - Only carbs come from my natty peanut butter and my almonds. I don't add ANY anywhere! Not even around workouts So far so good though. That would be sweet if I could up my muscle mass a touch while dropping the fat off... I would settle for that!

Spotter

You do look great man, huge. Sounds like a killer diet though man. I'm on very low carbs pre-contest and believe me, you'll feel it... Haha. I'm 4 days out now, like 12 weeks in. LoL.

Quote Originally Posted by Cra-Z View Post
    You do look great man, huge. Sounds like a killer diet though man. I'm on very low carbs pre-contest and believe me, you'll feel it... Haha. I'm 4 days out now, like 12 weeks in. LoL.
    Thanks bro! I gotta tell ya, I feel great! 4 days out is a little different than my goal. I just wanna see my abs for the first time and try to keep some fullness to my muscle. So far so good. I actually think Dave is right though... 0 carb is better than low carb. Once your BRAIN adapts, you feel good and don't have those cravings. With low carb, you're always giving your brain a "little" food and then it's looking for more (which is when you feel like shit). Stay tuned, I hope to show some good improvement in my next vid on June 1st! Thanks for the support and good luck at your show!!

great man.. i am waiting for these fucking finals to finish @ school. then i am back to dieting, and 2 times cardio a day.

i will walk outside for 45 min, and on treadmill after workout for 45 min.
    no carb whatsoever. eggs - chicken and whey protein ! thats all !

i will keep this up for how many weeks i dont know, but i will do it. in 4 weeks i want 24-25 pounds to be gone.
    No one is special, some were patient.

Had my first cheat meal last night after my initial 2 weeks. Started off with some fried mozzarella, some delicious bread with dipping oil, a little cesar salad, gnocchi with meatballs in a marinara sauce and a nice Baileys & white chocolate cheesecake . Sunday and I'm back on the ball. I also got some Mac nut oil and tried a Tbsp in my shake (ON Whey, xtreme milk choc), pretty damn good. Just wanted a change from PB. Also changing this week: I was eating 6 Whole omega 3 eggs... and now I'm doing 4 whole and then 8oz (weighed) of liguid egg white. Looking forward to my next vid in 3ish weeks (June 1st).

Spotter

Looks like you have good tastes man, good luck with it all bro.

Cra-Z - Thanks bro!

Just a quick lil update: Things appear to be going well. I am in the middle of my 3rd week and my weight is holding steady at 204.4~.6 from 213. My BF has dropped from 20~21 to just over 18% currently. NO slipping on the diet and it is not bothering me in the least. I like the fact that I always know what I'm going to eat. It's when I have to look for something that I usually get myself into trouble. Cardio is not very steady at the moment I kind of throw it in where I can. However I have jumped from 30 mintes (whenever) to 45 last week and this week it has been 60 minutes at a whack. I try to get in at least 3-4 times per week. I just walk on the tred at 3mph, NO incline. Pretty sure I need to get my cardio in a little more frequently to get to my goal in August (8~9% by Aug 1st). That is all for now. Thanks for the support so far!!

Spotter

Chyea dude, you'll look sick at 9%. Train hard!

bro keep at it once you start seeing more definition, vasculairty, striations and abs your will be so amped its well worth it bro...keep pumping

Just don't flip out when you go below 200lb. It's alright. lol

Cra-Z - Thanks bro! 9 would be real cool... 8 would be better... but I won't be greedy.

Flex2006 - Yeah every little thing you see makes you wanna keep going. I like shoulder day... I see all kinds of cool stuff going on when I do the side laterals Cutler style

Toddbz - Never met ya, but you know me well!! Numbers are my weakness but so far so good. I've missed a few lifts (like a 615 pull an hour ago) and that usually kills me but this time I seem to be doing fine with it. The numbers don't seem to be bothering me as much as they normally do. Not sure why but I'll go with it. I would love to be around 190 in August (at 8~9) but I'm not so sure that's very likely... if I drop to 180... so be it. If I go under that... you may not hear from me again

Page 2 of 373 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast