Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 3 of 373 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Tjoes Training Journal

Quote Originally Posted by tjoe View Post
    Cra-Z - Thanks bro! 9 would be real cool... 8 would be better... but I won't be greedy.

Flex2006 - Yeah every little thing you see makes you wanna keep going. I like shoulder day... I see all kinds of cool stuff going on when I do the side laterals Cutler style

Toddbz - Never met ya, but you know me well!! Numbers are my weakness but so far so good. I've missed a few lifts (like a 615 pull an hour ago) and that usually kills me but this time I seem to be doing fine with it. The numbers don't seem to be bothering me as much as they normally do. Not sure why but I'll go with it. I would love to be around 190 in August (at 8~9) but I'm not so sure that's very likely... if I drop to 180... so be it. If I go under that... you may not hear from me again
    Oh see you and I are very similar. With me it's trying to gain. Like cold molasses...very slow. Put I don't worry about it anymore (really) when I see my strenght going up I know the muscle will follow. You already have it. It's just covered by your winter coat At this stage it's about quality not quanity.
    Oh and come on, a messily 615 pull. Holy crap! If I tried that, I'd go up, but my arms that just got ripped off would stay put. You strong mutha!
    I bet once you get your diet down, or should I say your body gets used to it, your numbers will come back.

Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar

I hope to stay close to my current strength through the duration of my diet. 3 weeks in and I'm not that far off. I figured I would have lost a LOT more by now. Pleasantly surprised! According to Dave, Once happy with the physique, I could do a maintance type thing or go to a gaining phase (essentially the same diet, but with the addition of 25-35g of carbs at each meal). I would prefer the gaining at that point. I used to eat sh*tty and get stronger and bigger (though not all good), so I think with Daves plan (and he's giving me no reason to doubt yet) I should do very well at that point. I WILL get to 8~9% before I try to gain again! I would love for it to be August but if not I will keep going til I get there. Then hopefully the gaining will be more QUALITY than quantity (as in the past).
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

I hope to stay close to my current strength through the duration of my diet. 3 weeks in and I'm not that far off. I figured I would have lost a LOT more by now. Pleasantly surprised! According to Dave, Once happy with the physique, I could do a maintance type thing or go to a gaining phase (essentially the same diet, but with the addition of 25-35g of carbs at each meal). I would prefer the gaining at that point. I used to eat sh*tty and get stronger and bigger (though not all good), so I think with Daves plan (and he's giving me no reason to doubt yet) I should do very well at that point. I WILL get to 8~9% before I try to gain again! I would love for it to be August but if not I will keep going til I get there. Then hopefully the gaining will be more QUALITY than quantity (as in the past).
    From what I've heard is that when people to go on Daves gaining phase, you really make some quality muscle. Since you are in such a good state to grow at that point, as long as you still eat clean it should be mostly muscle.
    I can only imagine you at 10-12% and 205ish. I bet you's pull some weight then .lol
    You taking in plenty of fiber now? I would think that would be pretty vital with a high protein diet.

Tjoe....as long as you THINK you can YOU CAN!!!!!!
    IFBB Pro - Carla Salotti

Quote Originally Posted by mighty lightweight View Post
    Tjoe....as long as you THINK you can YOU CAN!!!!!!

Ha! Thanks girl... but what If I KNOW I can???

Joe, nice progress so far!

Are you doing any cardio?

Thanks! Yep. Tredmill, flat, 3mph. Usually 45-60 minutes whenever I can squeeze it in. 3-5 times per week depending on my schedule.

11 more days till a new vid. I'm nervous! Still around 204-205, but I feel leaner so we'll see what the video looks like. Diet goes well so far... no cheating at all (except the schedule meal of course). Energy is good in and out of the gym. Strength is also holding steady... a bonus I did NOT expect!

Spotter

Awesome man! Keep it up!

Man if your strenght holds out, and you're able to pound those big weights you do. You're going to be grainy as hell, and won't that be a bonus.
    How often do you check your bf %?

Thanks bro, that would be sweet!
    I check weight and BF every night. I have a Tanita scale. I know it isn't THAT accurate but I have to say since starting Daves diet the fluctuation in numbers has been cut in half. I average out each month to see if I am headed in the right direction. Hydrostatic weighing is somewhat accurate but only if you can get rid of ALL the air in your system. The best is DEXA (dual x-ray absorbitomitry) however big$$$ for that one. Calipers are not any more accurate than my scale unless you have a VERY experienced person using them and even then holding some water would throw off the numbers. Number one (next to DEXA) would be the mirror .

Thanks bro, that would be sweet!
    I check weight and BF every night. I have a Tanita scale. I know it isn't THAT accurate but I have to say since starting Daves diet the fluctuation in numbers has been cut in half. I average out each month to see if I am headed in the right direction. Hydrostatic weighing is somewhat accurate but only if you can get rid of ALL the air in your system. The best is DEXA (dual x-ray absorbitomitry) however big$$$ for that one. Calipers are not any more accurate than my scale unless you have a VERY experienced person using them and even then holding some water would throw off the numbers. Number one (next to DEXA) would be the mirror .
    Plus the Tanita scale is almost instant numbers. As long as you know it's not spot on accurate no big. t's not like if your weight or bf% were to go down that the scale wouldn't pick up a decrease. I'm lucky. My wife is in the masters nursing program at CSUS, and I get free access to all those kind of goodies. Now mind you when I do go in there with all those students I become a human lab rat. I get poked and prodded, and more gizmos put on me than a gatorade commercial
    And yes my legs are very sore today. Thanks bro!

K, yesterday the wife and I went to the Bronx zoo. Awesome time as we don't get to do much as far as day trips and stuff. we must have walked about 11 miles or so. We stuck to the diet just fine! Ate in the mornig before we left, had 4 meals with us and ate on the way home.

Anyway as of last night:
    202 @ 15.2% (Again, I know it's not 100% accurate, but still headed in the right direction)

Tonight is a big cheat meal at On The Border. Chips and salsa, beef buritto with a double side of rice and then we are headed to Coldstone for some ice cream as dessert
    Sunday morning it'll be back to the grind!
    Peace.

Spotter

Sounds like a blast bro. I imagine that zoo is sweet. I like the sound of the food too. I haven't stopped eating since the show last weekend. :P

Amateur Threat

K, yesterday the wife and I went to the Bronx zoo. Awesome time as we don't get to do much as far as day trips and stuff. we must have walked about 11 miles or so. We stuck to the diet just fine! Ate in the mornig before we left, had 4 meals with us and ate on the way home.

Anyway as of last night:
    202 @ 15.2% (Again, I know it's not 100% accurate, but still headed in the right direction)

Tonight is a big cheat meal at On The Border. Chips and salsa, beef buritto with a double side of rice and then we are headed to Coldstone for some ice cream as dessert
    Sunday morning it'll be back to the grind!
    Peace.
    Sound like a good time That Cold Stone ice cream is addictive... I am soooo glad there is not one here in Memphis (or at least one that I know about). I get back on the grind Monday... currently on day four of a five day rest period... it is driving me insane too.

I do not even think the celebratory spread my parents and laying out for my brother's graduation today is even going to matter to me LOL

Keep kickin ass man, you're doing great and I can't wait to see the progress you've made. I bet you've got a great physique that's just waiting to be shown
    I min/max my physique

Default First Four Weeks

..................LBS.......BF%....FAT...LEAN
    After week 1 208.6 @ 20.4% 42.55 166.05
    After week 2 205.4 @ 18.7% 38.40 167.00
    After week 3 204.7 @ 17.9% 36.64 168.06
    After week 4 203.8 @ 17.1% 34.84 168.96

How do those numbers look for the first four weeks of Daves Diet??
    I'm pretty damn happy with 'em myself!!
    I hope it continues like that...

Page 3 of 373 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353103 ... LastLast