Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 6 of 370 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Tjoes Training Journal

So what do you do keep the fast where they're at now or keep reducing them until you plateau?
    By the way chest and shoulders was Tuesday. Another pr. I'm on a freakin roll. 200x3 on shoulder press. Then 180x5. Now if my bench and incline would get on board. Although hit 210x5 on incline the same day. A pr for me (although not impressive).
    For my fathers day present to myself I'm going out to buy my first xl shirt ever
    Good work Joe. You take your weight in on Fri or this coming Monday?
    Your training partner back yet?

Quote Originally Posted by tjoe View Post
    So my back workout was so-so today. I hit some ok numbers but I just don't think my head was in it. Plus towards the end of the week (farther and farther away from my last cheat meal) I do seem to lose a little something.

The scale does not look good lately (BF% wise) so I'm not putting too much stock in that. The mirror is telling me a different story that I DO like, so no worries as of yet.

My weight always spikes a bit after the cheat meal and then slowly comes down for the rest ot the week. Last week I scraped the sub 200s on Friday night with a 199.8, then up it went after the cheat on Sat.
    Well last night (wednesday), I was at 198.8 and I still have thurs AND fri nights to weigh in! I'm not even sure the cheat meal will pull me back up to 200 this time. I guess that fat reduction did a little something this week eh...
    It's crazy how close we are staying number wise on the scale. My weight the last few weeks has been just about the same as yours. Now if I could just match those lifts!

Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar

Toddbz - Hey, training partner is back. Nice work on all the pr's lately... feels good don't it! Can't wait till I hit my goal so I can start climbing again. One step at a time though . I check weight every night, just to see what's going on. I don't obsess over it or anything I just like numbers. I am expecting to be a little lower tonight. Fats will stay where they are right now or even go back up if I think I'm dropping too fast. I actually got real hungry yesterday and today. So I believe the lower fats are taking effect. Didn't notice in the begining of the week... but I'm hungry now!

Tank - Thanks bro, but you are definately leaner than myself. Big lifts are cool but only when your in the gym. When your out and about all day, school, the mall, whatever, you only have your physique with you, not the cool numbers! I still don't feel I LOOK as strong as I am. Some people look real strong and are not. Goes back to wanting whatever it is you don't currently have I guess.
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

Spotter

Good numbers boys. Congrats on breaking 200!!!

Spotter

Hey, I just read your last post. Why don't you weigh in the morning? I sometimes weigh 10 lbs more at night. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Cra-Z View Post
    Hey, I just read your last post. Why don't you weigh in the morning? I sometimes weigh 10 lbs more at night. :P
    HA!!! That's what I'm afraid of!!!
    Besides I started weighing myself at night about 6-7 years ago (cause that's when I remembered to do it) so I just stuck with it. Even if it's not accurate, I have a timeline to compare. If I switched to mornings now, it would be like comparing apples and oranges, so I just stick with the before bed weigh in.

Toddbz - Hey, training partner is back. Nice work on all the pr's lately... feels good don't it! Can't wait till I hit my goal so I can start climbing again. One step at a time though . I check weight every night, just to see what's going on. I don't obsess over it or anything I just like numbers. I am expecting to be a little lower tonight. Fats will stay where they are right now or even go back up if I think I'm dropping too fast. I actually got real hungry yesterday and today. So I believe the lower fats are taking effect. Didn't notice in the begining of the week... but I'm hungry now!

Tank - Thanks bro, but you are definately leaner than myself. Big lifts are cool but only when your in the gym. When your out and about all day, school, the mall, whatever, you only have your physique with you, not the cool numbers! I still don't feel I LOOK as strong as I am. Some people look real strong and are not. Goes back to wanting whatever it is you don't currently have I guess.
    Thanks Joe. Sounds like with all this dieting you are learning invaulable info about youself. I think your body this week is still trying to figure out what you did to it by lowering fats. Which may explain the minor loss in strenght. I remember Dave saying once to someone that 'you will be hungry sometimes. It's a tough diet.' So coming from the man himself, you're not out of relm. I'm almost certain that once you adapt the strenght will come back. Keep up the great work, and bust some ass!

You will be lean in no time bro! True about the physique, that's all I want. But I'm sure lifting what you do gives you a rush! So very soon you will be a big, ripped, and strong mother fucker! Stick w/ it man your lookin better by the day.

Had to throw a little something up here today. I had to help a freind move this am. Then I worked some part time hours at my gym from 12-4. The I headed out to PF in Spfld to train arms with my training partner.

It was one of those days where everything clicked! Veins all over the place, good pump for not having any carbs since last Sat. Good strength, people askin how many reps I curled the 80lbs, db for (6 by the way), and everything just felt great! I didn't want to stop training. Anyway arm day was about an hour and 45 minutes! Just wanted to share. Now I'm going to enjoy a large hamburg and pepperoni pizza and watch a little Pumping Iron as the wife is out tonight. Damn I feel good tonight.

I'll update with my averages for this week later tonight or tomorrow morning.

weight.....199.6.....down by 1.7
    BF%........16.8.......down by 0.2
    Fat.........33.53......down by .69
    Muscle....166.07.....down by 1.01

However, if you recall me saying in the begining of this diet, I gained a few pounds of muscle (according to my scale), well right now my muscle mass is .02 above my initial start but my fat mass is down by 9.02 lbs.

I guess that is OK. I think I need to pump up my egg whites from 4 oz to about 6 oz along with my 4 whole eggs. Also when I weigh out my chicken, if it's like 7 and 5/8ths, I say good enough. I'll have to start leaning the other way like 8 and 1/8th or whatever. Just make sure its on the heavier side of 8 oz.
    I'll keep the fats the same as last week:
    Nuts 45 grams (1.5 oz)
    Natty PB 24 grams (1.5 Tbsp)
    Omega 3 eggs, 4 rather than 6

So that's it for now. OK progress this week. Hold fats steady and up pro just a hair.

Spotter

That is an awesome entry. Haha. Sounds like you're rockin'. 80 lbs db curls, that's nuts! Atta be bro. Props on watching Arnie when your wife's gone. Haha. Good alternative. "A good pump is like coming." (Paraphrase.) :P Keep it up.

Had to throw a little something up here today. I had to help a freind move this am. Then I worked some part time hours at my gym from 12-4. The I headed out to PF in Spfld to train arms with my training partner.

It was one of those days where everything clicked! Veins all over the place, good pump for not having any carbs since last Sat. Good strength, people askin how many reps I curled the 80lbs, db for (6 by the way), and everything just felt great! I didn't want to stop training. Anyway arm day was about an hour and 45 minutes! Just wanted to share. Now I'm going to enjoy a large hamburg and pepperoni pizza and watch a little Pumping Iron as the wife is out tonight. Damn I feel good tonight.

I'll update with my averages for this week later tonight or tomorrow morning.
    I love my wife just as I'm sure you do. But damn it's nice to have a day by yourself sometimes. That is the time when you can just chill and not have to worry about anything. Your stats are looking good bro, pics soon?

Cra-Z - Thanks bro! Yeah the 80s are fun... ya always get a few glances after that manuever.

Tank - Thank you as well. Wish I would hold a bit more muscle though (hence my slight diet change previously mentioned). Maybe some pics but definately a new vid in 2 weeks (July 1st). Man time goes by quick!

Cool! I'll be lookin for the vid. Your keeping me motivated, I hate cardio!

Spotter

I hear ya. I was about to say I've never seen anybody curl that much in person, but I guess I did see one, still, it was a crappy single rep. The most I can do for one last time I checked was 60. But for the kind of reps your doing I'm hittin' half of what you are. Haha. But hey, how old are you? :P

Cra-z - I'm 29 now, will hit the big 3-0 in August. I just wish my arms "LOOKED" like they could curl 80s!

Good stuff Joe. 9 plus pounds of fat loss in what 7 weeks? That's just awesome. If you still have strength like that. I wouldn't be to worried about muscle loss. Just think of this. You've lost 450% more fat than muscle lost. That's not a bad ratio lol.

Page 6 of 370 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast