Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 8 of 373 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Tjoes Training Journal

Spotter

Hey you look like you're making great progress. I'm on Dave's diet also. I have a contest in 16 weeks I am losing 2-3 pounds a week I don't know if this is going to be fast enough . I was wondering about you're Tanita scale, I know that they are not perfect but I read a review on one and the couple were bodybuilders, I think. They said there scale, in athletic mode put them both within .5 % of the calipers, and seemed to give them a good guide to track body fat loss. My question is what model do you have, and do you like the one you have.

Spotter

Man, you're cheat meals sound awesome. Just out of curiosity, what do you do for a living?

Forum Leader: Training Journals tjoe's Avatar

Troy - Feel great! Sometimes I get a little tired, but A- I'm on a diet and B- I get up at 4:30 every morning! Which one has a bigger effect... I don't know. Mood is good, strength is far better than I thought it would be, really NO complaints. Thanks for checkin out the thread and be sure to stop in Next Sun/Mon as I should have a new progress vid up around the 1st.

CHM HARDCORE - Tanita BF-572. I got it back in like 1999 for x-mas and I've been using it every night since then. Like I said it gives me a very good ESTIMATE. I check it every night and average out the month to see how I'm doing. Since starting Daves diet, I average out each week for this thread. I have to say I am VERY concerned about you losing 2-3lbs. a week! My first week was about 5, second week 3 and every week after right around 1. If you continue to lose 2-3 I would adjust something. The last thing you want to do is start losing muscle! Be sure you are taking in ENOUGH!! Let me know if I can help at all and good luck!!

Cra-Z - I LOVE cheat night and since I am dropping very steady I see no need to drop them out yet. As you will see in the next post my numbers were pretty good this week. As far as my job... I am a personal trainer in my little town. Have been doing this as my living for the past 7-8 years. It has it's ups and downs but I love what I do and not many people can claim that!! The down side is, most people I train do not have my motivation or love for training (probably why they need a trainer!). But a few do and a few NEED it due to medical reasons and they make it all worth while.
    4-6-13 100% RAW Powerlifting/ALL RAW Powerlifting
    Open 242 (weighed 235) 534.6/385.8/644.8 T = 1565.2

and here we go, Week 8 in da books:

weight.....198.5.....down.....1.1
    Fat%.......16.3......down.....0.5
    Fat..........32.36....down.....1.17
    Muscle.....166.14...UP.........0.7**

**IZ GOOD! That kept falling just a touch the past few weeks and nobody likes that. Last week I said I was going to bump up my pro by adding just a bit more whites to my egg meals and making sure my chicken was 8oz or just over, rather than just under. It seems as though that did the trick. This next week I will keep everything as is and see what it brings. This is a big week as I have a new vid to do next Sunday! That video will also be shot the day AFTER cheat night. I DO NOT know how that will effect the comparison but I'll do my best.

Thank you everyone for the continued support and everyone else shooting for "something" keep at it mang!! Peace

Joe

Oooops:
    The muscle in the last post went up 0.07 not 0.7! Big difference. But still the right direction, which means what I did worked.

Spotter

Quote Originally Posted by CHM HARDCORE View Post
    Hey you look like you're making great progress. I'm on Dave's diet also. I have a contest in 16 weeks I am losing 2-3 pounds a week I don't know if this is going to be fast enough . I was wondering about you're Tanita scale, I know that they are not perfect but I read a review on one and the couple were bodybuilders, I think. They said there scale, in athletic mode put them both within .5 % of the calipers, and seemed to give them a good guide to track body fat loss. My question is what model do you have, and do you like the one you have.
    Hey thanks for the information on the scale,I'm pushing off 2-3 pounds a week because I let myself get to fat in the off season. I'm actually still getting a little stronger in the gym. The plan is to get the body fat off now and slow down as I get closer to the show and harden up and fill back out a little the last 6-8 weeks. I will start putting up pictures at 10 weeks out ( if I can figure out how to do it). Thanks again and keep up the good work.

hey man, lookin great! wonerful progress... keep it up!

ctrl - Thanks bro!

Just got done with arm day. Took lots o pics and even some vids. Still at work though so I gotta wait til later to get them up. Also got a few progress vids done but I have to decide which one I like best. Stay tuned!!

Pics from today... video shortly.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default 7c58d85sIHU

And the progress vid for this past month:

Last edited by tjoe; June 30th, 2007 at 06:07 PM. Reason: 8UGVIjTh9kk

and week 9 numbers:
    197.34 @ 15.9%

weight.......down.......1.2lbs
    Fat%.........down.......0.4%
    Fat mass....down.......0.99lbs.
    Muscle.......down.......0.17lbs.

I'll keep everything the same this week. Maybe try to train a little heavier with less reps. Maybe that'll help the muscle loss a little. (I know I'm dieting... but I can try)

Good stuff bro. Check out the delt detail in the side bicep shot. Daaamn!
    See I knew it. You start to lean out and your biceps pop right the hell out.
    Where'd your stomach go?! lol
    Lookin really good. Legs don't look like they've lost an ounce of muscle.
    You know... I bet there are some comps in early Sept in your area. No I won't give up

Haha, thanks Toddbz. Preciate the encouragement... it may pay off one day. Muscle is holding on pretty well, strength however is starting to fall. I'm just glad it lasted as long as it did.

Quote Originally Posted by tjoe View Post
    Haha, thanks Toddbz. Preciate the encouragement... it may pay off one day. Muscle is holding on pretty well, strength however is starting to fall. I'm just glad it lasted as long as it did.
    So in seeing that the strenght is off. Do you try to still hammer lower reps or taylor your program to your current state? I'm not really sure how muscle fiber acts or responds to keto when subjected to varying reps ranges since there's no glycogen to burn.

I SHOULD be training with lower reps than I do like 4-8 would be ideal. This way the body uses ATP and does not start "looking" for glycogen (which it will find by tearing down muscle tissue).

Strength is definately down. Bad squat day and then bad benching today.
    I was using 275 and got 8, 8 and 7. Those reps would normally be with 315! Good thing I have mad focus on my goal!!

However now I am thinking... Maybe I should bump up my fats to where they were a little while ago. Afterall I am doing more cardio than I was then (when I lowered them) and I didn't really hit a sticking point then either (just thought it would come off a bit quicker). HHmmmm.....

I've been staying in that rep range for about 1 1/2 months. it has really done a number for my strenght and muscle gain.
    I remember seeing a post that Dave put up just a few days ago saying something to the effect of that if you tend to get fat easy increase fats. If you have a fast metabolism increase carbs.
    So since you've been doing more cardio perhaps you've answered your own question in that for the duration that you're doing cardio your body may be searching for glycogen, and thus your loss in strength. Granted some loss is to be expected, But you're way stronger than what those numbers are. Perhaps an increase in fats is your ticket with the cardio load you're doing now. What's a good increase for you? 15g/day? Maybe even more. Just a few more egg yokes and you're there.
    You feeling restless?

You sir are a smart man! I remember that post well! Good call.
    Nope, not so restless except at night (trouble falling asleep sometimes, no stress either).
    I dropped PB from 32 g to 24 g
    whole eggs from 6 to 4
    and nuts from 60 g to 45 g

Perhaps I will put them back to those original values starting tomorrow and going through next week and see how it affects me.

My training partner is maintaining strength a bit better than me right now and I KNOW his fats are higher.

As far as Daves post, I definately store fat easier.

Page 8 of 373 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171858108 ... LastLast