Muscular Development Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Erik's Road to 2009

erikzarazua

Default Erik's Road to 2009

Hi my name is Erik and I'm 18 and from Redwood City California. As long back I can remember I was always over weight and never really popular at school. It all changed thanks to bodybuilding. In the beggining of 8th grade I remember my older brother bringing the Pumping Iron video and told me to watch it with him, and let me tell you after watching it I got really motivated to get my body like the bodybuilders in the video. Ever since I've lost weight but also gaind some back because of many distractions i had during high school like parties and drinking and drugs which is somthing I regret in my life and encourage people never to try. But now I've been training for about 6 months straight graduated from high school and heading into college. I'm also planning on competing next year in my first bodybuilding competition. So this is my transformation and road to 2009 to my first bodybuilding competition. I will post up pictures to show my progress and hopefully can motivate other kids to stay of drugs and go for your goals and dreams instead.

Erik, congrats on finding what can and should be a healthy and great lifestyle! Educate yourself on training and nutrition as much as possible and safely experiment and find out what works for your bodies! Staying away from drinking and drugs is also another smart and mature decision you made, I wish you the best and hope you do well! Take care!

erikzarazua

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak1027 View Post
    Erik, congrats on finding what can and should be a healthy and great lifestyle! Educate yourself on training and nutrition as much as possible and safely experiment and find out what works for your bodies! Staying away from drinking and drugs is also another smart and mature decision you made, I wish you the best and hope you do well! Take care!
    Thanks Maniak that means a lot to me and I wish you all the best to .

Bro Scientist

Erik.....I am here sweetie! I look forward to following your journey, of you acheiving your goals and dreams!!! Bodybuilding is a great lifestyle to embark upon! I am so glad that you have discovered "Iron" and no longer embark on a destructive path with experimenting with drugs!

erikzarazua

Quote Originally Posted by tight booty View Post
    Erik.....I am here sweetie! I look forward to following your journey, of you acheiving your goals and dreams!!! Bodybuilding is a great lifestyle to embark upon! I am so glad that you have discovered "Iron" and no longer embark on a destructive path with experimenting with drugs!
    Thanks TB for all the support you have given me, and with friends like you I know i can stay positive and do big things in this sport thanks .

Bro Scientist

Quote Originally Posted by erikzarazua View Post
    Thanks TB for all the support you have given me, and with friends like you I know i can stay positive and do big things in this sport thanks .
    Yes you sure can count on my full support Erik!

erikzarazua

Yes you sure can count on my full support Erik!
    Thanks TB and you know you always have my support two. I just can't believe you havent found that special someone already, I mean if I were older I would've asked you out already, but its their lost and I'm pretty sure the right guy is out there for you .

erikzarazua

Here are progress pics my 1st week on a low carb diet.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Bro Scientist

Why are you on a low carb diet Erik? I think you need to focus on building a solid foundation and diet is very important in building lean muscle mass!
    Complex carbs give energy required to be able to lift heavy and they also keep the muscles full and without enough carbs you end up losing muscle!
    Looking good btw, thanks for posting up your pics!

erikzarazua

Why are you on a low carb diet Erik? I think you need to focus on building a solid foundation and diet is very important in building lean muscle mass!
    Complex carbs give energy required to be able to lift heavy and they also keep the muscles full and without enough carbs you end up losing muscle!
    Looking good btw, thanks for posting up your pics!
    Thanks for the advice TB and will do and I will keep you posted.

Bro Scientist

Whats your training split like? And what kind of exercises are you doing?

erikzarazua

Whats your training split like? And what kind of exercises are you doing?
    My split is:
    Legs day one
    chest and abs day two
    day three off
    Back day four
    shoulders and arms day five
    hamstrings and calves day six

The exercises I do are the basics the bench press and incline press shoulder press, skull crushers, barbell curls, squats and leg press, deadlifts and bent over rows. Sometimes I mix up other exercises to keep stuff fresh.

best of luck bro

i agree with tight booty on the comment above. you should be worried about putting on lean muscle mass rather than doing a low carb diet. once you have the mass you want, then you can slowly reduce your carbs to help with the cutting process. you should shoot for 6-7 meals per day. start off with something like this (whole food meal, protein shake, wholefood meal, protein shake, etc, etc, etc) to get started. not a bad way to ease into the transition.

pm me or email me directly and I can help you out.

erikzarazua

Quote Originally Posted by uncfan View Post
    best of luck bro
    Thanks bro I really appreciate the support.

erikzarazua

Quote Originally Posted by MHP-Stan View Post
    i agree with tight booty on the comment above. you should be worried about putting on lean muscle mass rather than doing a low carb diet. once you have the mass you want, then you can slowly reduce your carbs to help with the cutting process. you should shoot for 6-7 meals per day. start off with something like this (whole food meal, protein shake, wholefood meal, protein shake, etc, etc, etc) to get started. not a bad way to ease into the transition.

pm me or email me directly and I can help you out.
    thanks MHP-Stan yea I've been eating six whole meals a day already just gonna start adding the carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by erikzarazua View Post
    thanks MHP-Stan yea I've been eating six whole meals a day already just gonna start adding the carbs.

adding carbs is a wise choice. but you must choose the right type of carbs. those are called complex carbs. they help shuttle the nutrients as to where they need to go and help the muscles grow. you just have to find your perfect ratio of protein/carbs/fat. what works for me isn't going to work for you, but we can find a meeting point lol.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast